Windows 10: Dell laptop is getting BitLocker error Key creation failed for volume:...

Discus and support Dell laptop is getting BitLocker error Key creation failed for volume:... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is a dell laptop that the tech took the hard drive out of the user's damaged laptop and put it in a new laptop. Both are E5580 and the tech made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lyllybell, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Dell laptop is getting BitLocker error Key creation failed for volume:...

This is a dell laptop that the tech took the hard drive out of the user's damaged laptop and put it in a new laptop. Both are E5580 and the tech made sure the BIOS is on the latest version. We use Sophos as our security software and I show she is in the correct policy and I did some trouble shooting with them and this is what they sent me, Thank you for getting that SDU sent over! We're running into error 0x80310048 when attempting to enable BitLocker. This translates into the following: FVE_E_FIRMWARE_TYPE_NOT_SUPPORTED

BitLocker Drive Encryption cannot be enabled on the operating system drive. Contact the computer manufacturer for BIOS upgrade instructions.

Ive been reading on the Dell, Microsoft, and Sophos sites trying to come up with a way to fix it without copying all her data and reimaging the HD. My boss said I have to find a way to fix it so we know what to do if this happens again. The tech tried to clear the TPM and it didn't help. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/lyllybell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lyllybell, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jun 3, 2020
  3. bitlocker key isn’t working

My problem started on Dell Snspiron laptop from the Windows update. At first Windows key stopped working and some apps as well. I tried but failed to uninstall this update. All my attempts ended
    with the blue screen with a messages telling me to enter the Bitlocker key. I didn’t know what Bitlocker key was but managed to find it on the Dell website. I entered this key but it hung up. I received a message that there was a critical error and the hard
    drive wasn’t installed. Is it a hard drive issue?

KaylaGordon1, Jun 3, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Dell laptop is getting BitLocker error Key creation failed for volume:...

Failed to Create Volume Snapshot Macrium Error 0x8004230f VSS Error

Hi, you might try this:
    Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting - Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting

or the free cautious repair tool
    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro
    - observing the steps and using only the relevant repairs

More:
    How to Fix VSS Errors Step-by-Step

Otherwise I suggest- assuming your disk and file system are sound-
    an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all progs, data and most settings

You need an iso of the same base language and build- freely downloadable.

dalchina, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Dell laptop is getting BitLocker error Key creation failed for volume:...

1. Dell laptop is getting BitLocker error Key creation failed for volume:... - Similar Threads - Dell laptop getting

2. Getting "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error along with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error along with...: I have Windows 11, version 23H2, with the OS Build 22631.3007. I've been having blue screen issues for about month now, and they only get more frequent. I fully reset my laptop about a week ago, and I am still having issues. I check the event viewer, and according to it, I...
  3. Getting "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error along with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error along with...: I have Windows 11, version 23H2, with the OS Build 22631.3007. I've been having blue screen issues for about month now, and they only get more frequent. I fully reset my laptop about a week ago, and I am still having issues. I check the event viewer, and according to it, I...
  4. Update failed now can’t get past Bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update failed now can’t get past Bitlocker key: Ran a Restart and Update this afternoon and now it asks for a Bitlocker key. I entered it, then it just goes through the restart process again and asks for the Bitlocker key again on an endless loop....
  5. Update failed now can’t get past Bitlocker key

Update failed now can’t get past Bitlocker key: Ran a Restart and Update this afternoon and now it asks for a Bitlocker key. I entered it, then it just goes through the restart process again and asks for the Bitlocker key again on an endless loop....
  6. Getting "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error along with...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error along with...: Hi All,I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 and the OS build is 19042.1415. For the past couple of weeks my system is facing blue screen error and rebooting repeatedly. The Event viewer provides the "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error before a...
  7. Getting "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error along with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error along with...: Hi All,I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 and the OS build is 19042.1415. For the past couple of weeks my system is facing blue screen error and rebooting repeatedly. The Event viewer provides the "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error before a...
  8. Getting "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error along with...

9. Getting "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error along with...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error along with...: Hi All,I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 and the OS build is 19042.1110. For the past couple of weeks my system is facing blue screen error and rebooting repeatedly. The Event viewer provides the "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." error before a...
  10. how to get product key for dell laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get product key for dell laptop: please help me address my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-product-key-for-dell-laptop/30713284-9b86-4d39-89d1-197f8c86f2b3