Windows 10: Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803

Discus and support Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Excellent. Thanks for marking thread solved as it will help others find it. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803

Excellent. Thanks for marking thread solved as it will help others find it.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
  2. jeff Win User

My dell laptop keeps turning off during clean install of windows 10 1803 every 5 minutes and when I press the power button to turn it back on it resumes were it left off and still does that after it finally installs windows I have looked to see if anyone is having this issue but could not find anything about it anywhere even tried a different power supply still the same thing any ideas what is going on?

Update: It appears to be a problem with hibernation but I have never seen it do that during install of windows

:)

3. Battery drains even when the computer is shut down.

I have bought a new Dell Laptop. But after installing windows 10 the battery drains even when the laptop is turned off. When I turn on the laptop back the battery goes to Zero.

SUNDARESA GUPTHAD, Apr 30, 2018
  4. Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803

Wifi keeps on turning off

After I update my Dell Laptop kn the latest windows 10 update, version 1709.

My wifi keeps on turning off. Even If I turn it on it keeps on turning off also the airplane mode is disabled. Ill tried all the remedies I found online but no one works. Please help me. Can’t use my laptop right now. Thank you!

JasperMansalay, Apr 30, 2018
  5. Hi jeff. Welcome to TenForums @jeff

Go to your advance power options and look at the very last one, Battery. Check those settings. I have a laptop with a questionable battery. Some of the options within say when you have a critical battery event do this. Do this could be set to power off / hibernate.

This can happen even plugged in.

Caledon Ken, May 1, 2018
  6. jeff Win User
    Thanks for replying back Caledon Ken I just got done flashing the bios to a newer version as I have read somewhere else that could also be the problem I tried disabling hibernate by typing "powercfg.exe /hibernate off" in the command line and after that it just started shutting down I can run windows 10 1709 no problem at all this started on this version of windows it wont make it through installing windows without hibernating it still installs windows 10 1803 but it hibernates about 3 or 4 times before it finishes the install and trying to update it is the same deal so the updated bios is the last thing for me to try if that doesn't work I'm installing windows 7 back on it until this problem is fixed

jeff, May 1, 2018
  7. zbook New Member
    The "My Computer" section of each post displays the desktop and not the laptop.
    Please add the second computer and update the "My Computer" section:

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

There is a log collector that is used in another forum on Ten Forums.
    Please run the beta version of the log collector and post a zip into this thread for troubleshooting.

BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    On the bottom of the web page is the link for the beta log collector.
    (extract > open)
    Use the text and images in this thread in case there are any problems running the beta log collector: (post #5)
    DM Log tool problem Solved - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, May 1, 2018
  8. jeff Win User

Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803

thanks zbook and Caledon Ken
    the log collector zbook mentioned showed me it was the battery that was the problem and Caledon Ken suggestion fixed it, It was the critical battery level action set to hibernate I was pulling my hair out with this lol

jeff, May 1, 2018
  9. zbook New Member
    That's great.
    You're welcome.
    Glad to see you have it sorted.

zbook, May 1, 2018
Thema:

Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803

1. Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803 - Similar Threads - Dell laptop keeps

2. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  3. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  4. pc turning off and on during windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc turning off and on during windows installation: hi so i had reset my pc a few days ago and everything was going good. it started reinstalling windows and as soon as it got to 64% the monitor turned off but a few seconds later it had turned right back on so i thought everything was fine until it turned right back off again....
  5. pc turning off and on during windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc turning off and on during windows installation: hi so i had reset my pc a few days ago and everything was going good. it started reinstalling windows and as soon as it got to 64% the monitor turned off but a few seconds later it had turned right back on so i thought everything was fine until it turned right back off again....
  6. Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update: Split from this thread.while updating windows some error occurs. and laptop suddenly getting off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-during-windows-10-update/73888841-d431-429d-a79d-6c04e879526c
  7. Turned off during installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned off during installing: Hi I just sold my pc to someone. The person arrived to collect but my pc still resetting. He had to wait outside my house. After 15 min the reset percentage finally reached 100% and I told him I'm packing it up then the screen changed to light blue background "installing...
  8. Laptop turned off during an update

Laptop turned off during an update: My laptop turned off during a windows 10 update and now every time i try to turn it on, it tells me that it is reverting the changes and restarts again. It has been in a loop like this forever now, is there a way to fix this?...
  9. HP Laptop Turns off During Reset

HP Laptop Turns off During Reset: So I'm trying to reset my PC to it's original state but it keep shutting down on it's own during the reset process. I turn it back on and it tells me its undoing changes. How do I fix this? I want to be able to wipe my laptop but it turns off automatically, despite it being...
  10. Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803

Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803: My dell laptop keeps turning off during clean install of windows 10 1803 every 5 minutes and when I press the power button to turn it back on it resumes were it left off and still does that after it finally installs windows I have looked to see if anyone is having this issue...