Windows 10: Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions

Discus and support Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Sometimes but not always, when I try to log on to admin account, the password is not accepted. I have gotten it to work after entering it 5 times - I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by patriceltic, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions

Sometimes but not always, when I try to log on to admin account, the password is not accepted. I have gotten it to work after entering it 5 times - I was told maybe keyboard is sick but it works for my standard account log on so don't think it is. System only 5 months old. Any thoughts? Thanks.

:)

patriceltic, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Keyboard Malfunction

We appreciate the information you provided. This issue might be caused by a mismatched driver for your keyboard or pointing device. We suggest to Roll Back the driver by following the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X, and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards category, right-click the keyboard device, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver. This will restore your old driver.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you don’t want to roll back the driver you can try disabling the pointing device by:

• Right side of task bar
    • Click the pointing device symbol (looks like a laptop mouse)
    • Right click
    • Then click on Disable
    Note: You might need to do it every time you power your device.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Apr 10, 2019
  3. rampage Win User
    Looking for a laptop with a back lit keyboard

can any one list any laptop brands/ models that have LED keyboards, i need a new lappy and i want to get one with a led keyboard, i know dell do it, but is there any besides them, also im aiming around the $1000 USD area

ive come up blank with google

rampage, Apr 10, 2019
  4. ashvagan Win User

Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions

Dell 2520 keyboard issue on Windows 10

I have no issues opening the laptop by myself. Have done it a number of times. Suggestions on how to fix it will be welcome. As for the Dell Service center, unfortunately, the laptop is 5 years old and there aren't any reasonable Dell service centers in Pakistan *Think

ashvagan, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions

1. Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions - Similar Threads - Dell laptop keyboard

2. Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning: My laptop keyboard Top row not working.1. Esc, not working2. The volume: up or down3. The backlit..stays on4. the screen brighten or dimmer. not workingI updated driver: reinstalled driver, restarted computer. Reinstalled win 10, Installed new Keyboard. These individual keys...
  3. Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning: My laptop keyboard Top row not working.1. Esc, not working2. The volume: up or down3. The backlit..stays on4. the screen brighten or dimmer. not workingI updated driver: reinstalled driver, restarted computer. Reinstalled win 10, Installed new Keyboard. These individual keys...
  4. Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard malfunction: I bought a Lenovo v14-ikb type-81ya windows 10 home os , it's been not over a year that the keyboard started to malfunction , I have updated all the drivers yet in vain some keys like n,h,m,y,u6,7 doesn't work at once but when tapped multiple times it registers the keys and...
  6. Keyboard malfunction

Keyboard malfunction: When pressing the windows key the computer suddenly shutdown, onscreen keyboard works, how can I the keyboard to its original function?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-malfunction/625080ec-1b8e-4f45-b753-ceac079b631e
  7. KEYBOARD MALFUNCTION ON LAPTOP

KEYBOARD MALFUNCTION ON LAPTOP: Hi Please help. My "ESC", "2", "F1", "F2" do not work. However, it works if I press it simultaneously with another key. For example, pressing "1" and "2" at the same will actually produce "12". But when pressing just "2", nothing will happen. Note: I've tried:1. uninstalling>...
  8. Keyboard malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard malfunctioning: some keys are not working, but the troubleshooter says normal. tried auto driver update for keyboard, but says driver is already updated to latest one. I have tried connecting external keyboard but those same keys weren't working; so the problem lies inside! now typing on...
  9. malfunctioning of laptop keyboard

malfunctioning of laptop keyboard: After installing drivers in my Compaq cq58, some keys on the keyboard are not responding. I tried uninstalling the new driver, the problem worsens. What could be the possible reason and solution to this....
  10. Laptop malfunction (Dell Inspiration 1500)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop malfunction (Dell Inspiration 1500): Hello I have a technical issue relating my laptop, My 1 year warrenty for my laptop recently overdued. It never had any malfuntions except for battery problems. Recently my laptop has been acting extremly strange. It wouldnt even start up, so I decided to run a Recovery...