Windows 10: DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker

Discus and support DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My DELL laptop is in start up repair, and requires a recovery key to get passed the screen. Geek Squad told me that it is locked by bit locker and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kay Carrico, Aug 4, 2019.

1. DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker

My DELL laptop is in start up repair, and requires a recovery key to get passed the screen. Geek Squad told me that it is locked by bit locker and there's no way to get past it without putting in the recovery key. I've only had the laptop for about a month only and it has locked on me. Please help.

:)

Kay Carrico, Aug 4, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker

Hi Kay

Did you set up Bitlocker on that laptop, if so, then you should be able to find the key fro Bitlocker on your Microsoft Account - log into this page to see if that exists there:
    https://account.microsoft.com

If you did not set up Bitlocker on your new laptop, you should contact Dell on their support site, to ask them how to get into your drive, because they must have set up Bitlocker before you obtained you new laptop . . .

DaveM121, Sep 29, 2019
  3. DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker

My DELL laptop is in start up repair, and requires a recovery key to get passed the screen. Geek Squad told me that it is locked by bit locker and there's no way to get past it without putting in the recovery key. I've only had the laptop for about a month
    only and it has locked on me. Please help.

Kay Carrico, Sep 29, 2019
  4. DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker

Locked out of computer because of BitLocker Recovery Issue, but I NEVER ENABLED BitLocker!

I recently set up my new Dell PC, which runs on Windows 10. It was running great for an afternoon, but the first time I turned it back on (I had restarted a bunch of times while downloading software with no issues, but this was the first time it had shut
    off entirely), I got the window saying to enter my BitLocker Recovery key. As I never enabled BitLocker, I don't have a recovery key.

I repeat, I absolutely did not set up Bitlocker and had no intention of setting up Bitlocker. I ran through the same exact set-up process on a similar computer a few days ago and have not had this BitLocker issue. I did have it attached to a docking station
    when it shut off.

With this BitLocker alert, and because I have no recovery key, I'm locked out of my computer. Dell has provided no help and Microsoft Support said I'd have to create a support ticket (which would cost $400 to handle!!!). Is there any other way around this?
    Has anyone else had this issue before on a Dell Laptop? Am I going to have to reset the entire thing? As I said, I DID NOT enable BitLocker and NEVER set up a BitLocker recovery.

lcampbell401, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker

1. DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker - Similar Threads - DELL laptop locked

2. Locked out by Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out by Bitlocker: Split from this thread. Good afternoon,I am having similar issues with Bitlocker. I have a HP Envy 360, Win 10.During the Bios Update, a window popped up and asked: Y: to update or N to keep as is. Note: Bit locker code may be required. I did not know where or how to get the...
  3. Locked out by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out by BitLocker: I have no BitLocker recovery key, and my locked device is not registered with my Microsoft account.The laptop gave me a message "There is an issue with Trusted Platform Module TPM data," and I was forced to press "Y" to "reset whole TPM."Now, I cannot log into the laptop,...
  4. Locked out by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out by BitLocker: I have no BitLocker recovery key, and my locked device is not registered with my Microsoft account.The laptop gave me a message "There is an issue with Trusted Platform Module TPM data," and I was forced to press "Y" to "reset whole TPM."Now, I cannot log into the laptop,...
  5. Locked out of laptop by Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of laptop by Bitlocker: My personal laptop updated then when I proceeded to try and login, it asked for a Bitlocker key. I tried logging to my Microsoft accounts, and it is not there. I never set up Bitlocker, so I can't access the key. I have work meetings and homework due tonight on there, so I’m...
  6. Locked out by bitlocker

Locked out by bitlocker: I am locked out of windows 10 by bitlocker. It needs the 44 number key to unlock my PC. I went to my MS account and did not find it. I do not have it saved any place else that I know of. I do not have any other recovery methods. Is there some other way I can find this unlock...
  7. Bitlocker lock out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker lock out: Would be great if someone could get back to me, as locked out for 30 days! Cheers - Bitlocker has locked my laptop after updated - I have tried to get into my microsoft account but says it will send a code to me but never does, how do I get to talk to someone at Microsoft to...
  8. Locked out of laptop computer

Locked out of laptop computer: I cannot log into my laptop that I've had for a year. It asks for pin, which I have never used. I always sign in with my password. Now it says I cant and that I have to get a code from my alternate email, which WAS my daughter's but she hasn't used that address for years....
  9. Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker?: Hi, my son's Windows 10 laptop just stopped working all of a sudden. Now, it will boot up, though it's to a Bitlocker screen asking for a 48-character key. I (and he) have no idea what this key is, nor remember installing this feature. MS support pages are no help,...
  10. locked out of Dell laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked out of Dell laptop: I am locked out of dell laptop. When I start computer, I get a blue rectangular login, but when I put in the password, system won't accept it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-dell-laptop/54866759-c356-4763-87d1-f9fd0e7d7095

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker locked me out of my computer

2. how to get to bitlocker screen in dell laptop

3. locked out of windows 10 with bitlocker