Windows 10: DELL Laptop Mouse Unresponsive

Discus and support DELL Laptop Mouse Unresponsive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Community, My DELL G5 15 gaming laptop is a great laptop and all, but my keypad is unresponsive, so I can't do anything with the laptop's mouse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by splashing_30, Sep 4, 2019.

1. DELL Laptop Mouse Unresponsive

Dear Community,

My DELL G5 15 gaming laptop is a great laptop and all, but my keypad is unresponsive, so I can't do anything with the laptop's mouse, meaning that I can only use an external mouse (which is fine, but I really need to use some keypad features, such as swiping left or right). My mouse began to be unresponsive for no reason, and it's weird because I was using my laptop at school without issues.

The mouse on the laptop only works when it's in the BIOS after pressing F12 when the computer starts up. When I finish everything doing the BIOS and go back to Windows 10, the mouse stops working. I don't want to send my laptop to Dell so it can be repaired because of time, but this is ticking me off badly. Is it the drivers or is the keypad faulty? And is there a solution to this? Thanks!

:)

splashing_30, Sep 4, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Sep 4, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Sep 4, 2019
  4. JayM_NCIS Win User

DELL Laptop Mouse Unresponsive

Missing Mouse Icon on Dell Laptop (TouchPad) with Touchscreen

Currently I cannot access the mouse on my Dell Laptop. The mouse pointer is missing.

I have already tried to reboot, uninstall/reinstall TouchPad Driver, confirmed the driver was current and changed mouse refreshing points. All steps have failed. The left and right mouse buttons work but the tapping on the pad does not work. Is there some
    setting in windows 10 that conflicts with a touch screen (not a 2-in-1) laptop?

JayM_NCIS, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

DELL Laptop Mouse Unresponsive

1. DELL Laptop Mouse Unresponsive - Similar Threads - DELL Laptop Mouse

2. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse: This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver Device...
  3. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse: This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver Device...
  4. dell DT OPYIPLEX STUCK IN AUTO REPAIR LOOP W/ UNRESPONSIVE KEYBOARD AND MOUSE.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dell DT OPYIPLEX STUCK IN AUTO REPAIR LOOP W/ UNRESPONSIVE KEYBOARD AND MOUSE.: my dell optiplex duo core vpro w/win 10 pro is suddenly stuck in auto repair loop that ultimately ends at BSoD. Ive created a bootable media from microsoft but dont want to lose my data. I ran sfc-diskpart-etc and none came back as bad. I did run and reboot a norton eraser...
  5. dell stuck in auto fix loop w/unresponsive k.board or mouse!

dell stuck in auto fix loop w/unresponsive k.board or mouse!: my dell optiplex duo core vpro w/win 10 pro is suddenly stuck in auto repair loop that ultimately ends at BSoD. Ive created a bootable media from microsoft but dont want to lose my data. I ran sfc-diskpart-etc and none came back as bad. I did run and reboot a norton eraser...
  6. Keyboard & Mouse unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse unresponsive: I turned my off Sunday night because I received a message from Microsoft saying there was and update. Since then my mouse and keyboard do not work. I have tried other mice and keyboards, same thing. Once the blue screen with the 4 windows opens I loose control of my keyboard...
  7. Mouse/explorer unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse/explorer unresponsive: I was in a discord call with a friend when I noticed my mouse wasn't actually clicking. I opened task manager and reset explorer and it didn't seem to solve the issue. The keyboard works fine. I tried tabbing out and couldn't change tabs, and the mouse seemed like it couldn't...
  8. Laptop completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop completely unresponsive: 2 days ago I decided to run a disk defrag, which took a long time and during and after the disk defrag my laptop was constantly freezing, I decided to system restore to a previous point and my laptop worked for a day but now it has started freezing again, I ran sfc which...
  9. USB ports unresponsive on Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports unresponsive on Dell laptop: Computer has been rebooted to no effect. Tried to connect a mouse and digital camera but neither shows up on the folder. After reboot there is the sound of splashing water but no device icon appears. Isn't the devices because they work fine on Toshiba Satellite laptop. How...
  10. Mouse and keyboard unresponsive

Mouse and keyboard unresponsive: Hi, please I did a system recovery on my desktop PC, windows 10 and my mouse and keyboard not responding anymore. I don't even get to see the mouse pointer so I can say its frozen. I want to know if it's got anything to do with the OS. I need help?...