Windows 10: Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok?

Discus and support Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop and when I plug it in to charge the battery doesn't go up just down more slowly. I have checked batter health and its excellent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesRoberts2341, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok?

I have a Dell laptop and when I plug it in to charge the battery doesn't go up just down more slowly. I have checked batter health and its excellent and I know for a fact its not to do with the power outlet or charger as I have tried with multiple different that charge my other dell laptops in the house. Any suggestions on what's wrong or a way to fix it? thanks

:)

JamesRoberts2341, Aug 15, 2022

2. Toshiba Laptop Not Holding Battery Charge

attached is a pic of the internal of the laptop
    there does NOT appear to be a CMOS battery

what should my next steps be?

- fully charge existing battery and see if i remove it and install back teh next day whether its still fully charged?

- charge the battery for 18 hours to charge the internal CMOS battery?

- suggestions please as Im not sure

bartjunited, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok?

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok?

1. Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok? - Similar Threads - Dell laptop charging

2. Is my laptop battery ok?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop battery ok?: I was noticing a sudden performance drop in my laptop so I decided to give it in servicing and reset it completely. Later when it came back, still it was not able to give out performance, as in it was not able to give 60 FPS in normal Minecraft game.I brought it in 2020 and...
  3. Is my laptop battery ok?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my laptop battery ok?: I was noticing a sudden performance drop in my laptop so I decided to give it in servicing and reset it completely. Later when it came back, still it was not able to give out performance, as in it was not able to give 60 FPS in normal Minecraft game.I brought it in 2020 and...
  4. Dell laptop wont charge battery

Dell laptop wont charge battery: So im at my wits end. My laptop wont charge when the battery is plugged in, it connects and disconnects rapidly, it will work when the battery is disconnected however. I have replaced the battery and the power jack and theres been no change, and i’m unable to download a new...
  5. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell laptop wont charge battery: So im at my wits end. My laptop wont charge when the battery is plugged in, it connects and disconnects rapidly, it will work when the battery is disconnected however. I have replaced the battery and the power jack and theres been no change, and i’m unable to download a new...
  6. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok?: I have a Dell laptop and when I plug it in to charge the battery doesn't go up just down more slowly. I have checked batter health and its excellent and I know for a fact its not to do with the power outlet or charger as I have tried with multiple different that charge my...
  8. Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok?

Dell laptop not charging but both lead and battery are ok?: I have a Dell laptop and when I plug it in to charge the battery doesn't go up just down more slowly. I have checked batter health and its excellent and I know for a fact its not to do with the power outlet or charger as I have tried with multiple different that charge my...
  9. Laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop battery not charging: After the recent update KB4532695 my laptop battery has stopped charging. when I connect the directly to the power supply it briefly shows its charging then a few seconds later it stop. now I have to work with the laptop when its constantly connected to the power supply....
  10. Laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery not charging: This is yet another issue I am experiencing after the 1809 fall update, nothing else in my system has been changed other than the installation of the 1809 fall update, so I am confident it's at the root of the problem. Let me first state I never use my battery, ever, and it...