Windows 10: Dell Laptop, Repartition Dell's Mashup?

Discus and support Dell Laptop, Repartition Dell's Mashup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a dell laptop a year ago, Dell - Inspiron 15.6" 7000 2-in-1 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB - GeForce MX250 - 512GB SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by starchase, Nov 27, 2020.

1. starchase Win User

Dell Laptop, Repartition Dell's Mashup?

I bought a dell laptop a year ago, Dell - Inspiron 15.6" 7000 2-in-1 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB - GeForce MX250 - 512GB SSD + Optane. I love it. I regularly back up all my computers using Macrium which has served me well. Recently I looked at the partition layout on this Dell and of course, it doesn't look at all like a normal laptop partitioning. I'm thinking of repartitioning and am wondering if you have any suggestions as to which partitions to remove and melt into another. I don't need the Image that is on the Image partition as that would be only used to get back to the Out Of Box state. But other partitions are labelled a bit differently from what I'm familiar with. So The only data I have on the laptop is inside the C: drive. I just don't want to destroy one of the small partitions Windows needs to start or run. Many Thanks, John

Here is the Disk Management view and the MiniTool Partition Wizard image.

Dell Laptop, Repartition Dell's Mashup? [​IMG]

:)

starchase, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Josie23, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Dell Monitor Camera

I have a Dell Monitor hooked to a Dell XPS Laptop. I want to use the monitor camera not the laptop camera. I've tried the suggestions from a closed thread about activating the camera but when I try the steps it keeps going to the laptop camera.

Suggestions or am I asking the impossible.

SandyM-798, Nov 27, 2020
  4. OneMoar Win User

upgrading a dell laptop options

some dells require dell-branded wifi cards the use white-listed bios's so unless you wanna go tinkering with the bios you are stuck with whatever cards are white-listed in the bios
    633ANHMW is pretty much the only MIMO capable card that will work
    Try and get the dell branded one if you can

OneMoar, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Dell Laptop, Repartition Dell's Mashup? - Similar Threads - Dell Laptop Repartition

2. Dell laptop not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop not charging: My dell laptop wont charge, but will power on when i take the battery out and plug the laptop ini have already tried hard reset didnt work someone please tell me whats going onanother thing to note , i scanned the battery with support assist and said there was a warning...
  3. slow dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow dell laptop: I bought a brand new dell laptop but for the start it was so slow specs:-cpu: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz-gpu: intel iris xe graphics- ram: 8 gb-disk: 1tb hddthe first thing I noticed was the disk usage, it was 100%, so I searched for solutions on the...
  4. Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Laptop: i recently recieved this computer used from my partner it was his old one. I am still learning how to maneuver it. for some reason the display is not full screen. there is about 2-3 inches of space on each side of the screen. and then of course another inch all around of the...
  5. Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell laptop: I have a -dell-inspiron-n5010 and it came with Windows home..i had it using 10 before I had trouble.. Ive had to replace the hard drive.. And the windows product key is wore off the back..is there another way to get the key...
  6. dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell laptop: I have 2 3.0 usb ports on this laptop. They have power but they don't recognize anything I plug into them. What's the deal with that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop/93cf7c20-6ad5-4f28-9dcb-2b83eec8d140
  7. Dell Laptop, Repartition Dell's Mashup?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Laptop, Repartition Dell's Mashup?: I bought a dell laptop a year ago, Dell - Inspiron 15.6" 7000 2-in-1 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB - GeForce MX250 - 512GB SSD + Optane. I love it. I regularly back up all my computers using Macrium which has served me well. Recently I looked at the...
  8. new Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new Dell laptop: I’ve purchased a new Dell laptop. Could you help me with this questions. I cannot figure out how to take photos using it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-dell-laptop/ddfa338b-d286-4f4c-9fb8-59dcc596ebfb
  9. dell laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    dell laptop: when I click on my music, music starts and immediately the laptop shuts down??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop/5046cb97-ca37-4240-9d36-6d3aa71fea5e
  10. Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop: I am having trouble getting past the dell loading screen that says attempting repairs and I have tried the system boot assessment and it’s still doing the same thing. And I was using my laptop earlier today and now can’t do anything with it can someone please help me