Windows 10: Dell laptop restarts 1-4 times a day with no warning or error message.

Discus and support Dell laptop restarts 1-4 times a day with no warning or error message. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've had this laptop for going on 3 years now and up until a few months ago this wasn't a problem. It seems to happen when watching stream able content... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Echo6465, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Echo6465 Win User

Dell laptop restarts 1-4 times a day with no warning or error message.

I've had this laptop for going on 3 years now and up until a few months ago this wasn't a problem. It seems to happen when watching stream able content or in a voice call but is not limited to that and has happened even while idle. I've tried so many different things to try and fix the problem but nothing seems to be working. It just freezes, then the screen goes black, and then windows boots back to the sign in menu. My mouse seems to have power though the whole process so the laptop itself doesn't seem to powerdown.

This is the second time im reaching out as the first time i never got a response. But here is a link to some events Log info and system information https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1I8oBbHaXL5W0n5oXs8LmK0qa1FVgnroi?usp=sharing

:)

Echo6465, Nov 23, 2020

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Nov 23, 2020
  3. jimhoyle Win User
    How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Dell laptop restarts 1-4 times a day with no warning or error message.

error message on laptop forces restart

DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (SWIPsec.sys)

What does this mean? Is my laptop dying? I've had this error message 4 times today. Had to restart my laptop 4 times. (Working from home because of the pandemic)

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Colleen Turnage, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Dell laptop restarts 1-4 times a day with no warning or error message.

1. Dell laptop restarts 1-4 times a day with no warning or error message. - Similar Threads - Dell laptop restarts

2. My laptop is restarting with no errors/warnings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is restarting with no errors/warnings: Good day! I would like to ask for help with my laptop. My laptop is a: Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH552/SLBios: Ver 2.15Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.6GHzMemory: 8192MB RAMDirectX Version: DirectX 12Display: Intel4000HDStorage: SSD Samsung 870 evo 500gb...
  3. My laptop is restarting with no errors/warnings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is restarting with no errors/warnings: Good day! I would like to ask for help with my laptop. My laptop is a: Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH552/SLBios: Ver 2.15Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.6GHzMemory: 8192MB RAMDirectX Version: DirectX 12Display: Intel4000HDStorage: SSD Samsung 870 evo 500gb...
  4. My laptop is restarting with no errors/warnings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 4 BSOD in 1 day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 BSOD in 1 day: Hello,Can someone please help me to identify what is happening. i got 4 BSOD in 1 day while gaming. I have saved the .DMP files here. Please help.This is my 3rd attempti have installed new version of windowsi have created different user profilesi have run the Memtest 86i have...
  6. restarting 4 times consecutively

restarting 4 times consecutively: any advantages or disadvantages to restarting 4 times consecutively - It helped me before after an update screwed up windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarting-4-times-consecutively/d6a316e7-b8e8-44b8-bf5c-1c95f4670d44
  7. Dell laptop restarts 1-4 times a day with no warning or error message.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell laptop restarts 1-4 times a day with no warning or error message.: I've had this laptop for going on 3 years now and up until a few months ago this wasn't a problem. It seems to happen when watching streamable content or in a voice call but is not limited to that and has happened even while idle. Ive tryed so many different things to try and...
  8. my pc shuts down and restarts 2 to 4 times a day

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    my pc shuts down and restarts 2 to 4 times a day: Problem Event Name: StoreAgentScanForUpdatesFailure0 ClientAppId: Update; HResult: 8024402c OSVersion: 19041 OSRevision: 508 DeviceClass: Windows.Desktop OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID: 1033 Extra information about the problem Bucket ID:...
  9. Restart PC 3-4 times a day

Restart PC 3-4 times a day: My PC closes down and restarts 3-4 times a day. I get a code stating critical instruction corruption. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-pc-3-4-times-a-day/e361b06e-5f9f-49cf-8db8-2dd5a1cda16f
  10. BSOD on new Dell Laptop 4 to 6 times a day with different stopcodes

BSOD on new Dell Laptop 4 to 6 times a day with different stopcodes: Hello! Got a new dell laptop about 2 months ago. I started getting BSOD with all the various stopcodes every couple of hours about a month after getting it. I noticed that the optical drive was not working and shipped it back to Dell for replacement which they did very...