Windows 10: Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell

Discus and support Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BonnieWells2, May 31, 2019.

1. Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell

Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell

:)

BonnieWells2, May 31, 2019

2. Dell Inspiron Running W10 sees WIFI printers but will not print

I have a brand new Dell Inspiron with W10. My two wifi printers (that work with every other laptop in the house) are installed, and I see them in the network. Network and sharing have been turned on. The machine will not print. Documents sent to either
    printer just que. I suspect a firewall problem, but I am not familiar with W10 firewall. No anti virus or firewall has been installed on the machine.

Sandra

SandraEberhart, May 31, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, May 31, 2019
  4. jimE2 Win User

Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell

New Surface Laptop running W10/ Screen Saver not working properly

Just purchased surface laptop running w10/64 bit. Tried to set up personalized screen saver and for life of me can't figure out why its not working.

Here are steps I followed:

Settings/personalization/Lock Screen/ Screen Saver Settings

Next, I am at screen saver page where I can see my screen saver. I have it set to one minute and have folder properly identified where screen saver pictures are located. I click preview and for a moment, screen saver works as it should.

Unfortunately, the preview screen doesn't last and screen saver reverts to lock screen picture. I have tried restarting PC with no luck. Seems like a basic thing that is overly complicated.

Am I missing anything? TY in advance!

jimE2, May 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell - Similar Threads - Dell laptop running

2. Not seeing dell boot screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not seeing dell boot screen?: Hello guys. I want to get to the dell boot screen with the dell logo so I can press f12 and get more options. Ultimately I want to boot using my USB stick. But for some reason, no matter what I do, I can't get to that dell logo screen. I've tried restarting, shutting down and...
  3. W10 sees no mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 sees no mouse and keyboard: Installed W10 from start on and face an often seen problem with mouse and keyboard not connected for Pin code entering. I have a KVM switch and on both multiboot PC's the problem is the same. I can use the KVM mouse and keyboard in BIOS, XP, W7, Linux, DVD and USB bootables...
  4. Program runs OK in W10 Pro but not in Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program runs OK in W10 Pro but not in Home: I created a few programs using gfortran in Windows 10 Pro, where they work well, but when I transferred the .exe files to my W10 Home laptop they all failed to start. I've tried a few ideas, such as compatibility with earlier Windows versions, but no success. Where should I...
  5. Help on running a VPN on W10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help on running a VPN on W10 Home: The laptop is set up to have two local accounts and an administrator account. I have Norton AV and VPN installed. When in the administrator account I can see Norton VPN in the hidden icon tray but it's not visible in the two local accounts. What I would like to get confirmed,...
  6. W10 seeing speakers and headphones as same device

W10 seeing speakers and headphones as same device: My old Surface Pro/W10 setup saw the speakers and headphone as separate things; so when I plugged in my headphones it would revert to the settings previously in use. So I used to have my speakers muted to avoid annoying colleagues with system sounds, then W10 would...
  7. Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD: My Dell Inspiron 15 is unable to get me to the login screen. It will sometimes turn on except for the scree which stays off, get me to the Dell logo screen and not load, or it will give me a BSOD with error code 0xc0000428, much like this:...
  8. My Laptop running W10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop running W10.: my laptop keeps trying to install updates. Error code 0x800F0908 which appears to be to with a device's I do not possess. Any responses. to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Regards....
  9. So Why Doesn't W10 See this drive ?

So Why Doesn't W10 See this drive ?: This may of just happened, but I'm not sure. I've been forcing myself to use W10 "System->Storage" to clean up my system. But I noticed a drive that is seen in "Disk Management", "Explorer" (and I can access it) but does not show in the new "System->Storage" display ? Some...
  10. Anyone here using dell inspiron 2020 came with W7 & is running w10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone here using dell inspiron 2020 came with W7 & is running w10?: Anyone here using dell inspiron 2020 that came with W7 & is running w10? Did you convert your drive to Guid Partition table (GPT), turn on secure boot and then install windows? If yes, did you have any problem with dell or other drivers with secure boot enabled? I...