Windows 10: Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD

Discus and support Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Dell Inspiron 15 is unable to get me to the login screen. It will sometimes turn on except for the scree which stays off, get me to the Dell logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NinjaShuriken13, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD

My Dell Inspiron 15 is unable to get me to the login screen. It will sometimes turn on except for the scree which stays off, get me to the Dell logo screen and not load, or it will give me a BSOD with error code 0xc0000428, much like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_repair/recovery-bsod-i-get-this-error-code-0x0000428/04775583-751e-479a-ba2b-14b336cc1e5c except that I don't get the options to do anything. The one time I was able to get to the advanced boot options, I tried safe mode but it gave me the same BSOD. As of recently, when I turn on my laptop, I can hear the fan and the internal components working but the screen will stay off. Help.

:)

NinjaShuriken13, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

Win 7 works fine, I'm typing on it right now. Wondering if I should actually jump and upgrade. There must be a driver somewhere that I can use to install XP *Wtf :wtf:

Not a particularly productive suggestion. Though I'd never buy a Dell, I have had luck with thier laptops errm... excepting this time, lol.

Sasqui, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Josie23 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD [​IMG]

Josie23, Sep 14, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD

1. Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD - Similar Threads - Dell laptop running

2. RE: BSOD when running diagnostics on dell laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RE: BSOD when running diagnostics on dell laptop: I provided a link to a shared OneDrive that has the two most recent minidump files and two .txt files containing system information from Speccy and msinfo.If you could if possible take a look at it for me. Link to OneDrive...
  3. RE: BSOD when running diagnostics on dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RE: BSOD when running diagnostics on dell laptop: I provided a link to a shared OneDrive that has the two most recent minidump files and two .txt files containing system information from Speccy and msinfo.If you could if possible take a look at it for me. Link to OneDrive...
  4. RE: BSOD when running diagnostics on dell laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Increasing volume in Dell laptop running Windows 10 home

Increasing volume in Dell laptop running Windows 10 home: I am running Windows 10 home on my Dell laptop. Please advise how to increase the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-volume-in-dell-laptop-running-windows/ffb83ae2-5e0a-449e-842c-5502fa9bbdb3
  6. dell laptop with windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dell laptop with windows 10 Home: I have a dell laptop with win10 home. I want to upgrade to pro version. If I had bought a rip off key I would have upgraded by now, instead I bought a genuine m/soft version. Tried upgrading from Microsoft Store and install fails after a few minutes with an error which means...
  7. Will Windows 10 run on a Dell Studio 1737 Laptop?

Will Windows 10 run on a Dell Studio 1737 Laptop?: This is talking about if Windows 10 will run on a Dell Studio 1737 Laptop or not... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-run-on-a-dell-studio-1737-laptop/efbd60af-7f95-4f70-9d6c-4ec65b2584ca
  8. No internet on dell - g7 laptop running windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet on dell - g7 laptop running windows 10: When I saw the message on my laptop saying "no internet" I called Optimum. They did something and asked if I had connections now. I was on a different laptop and I saw that it did have connectivity but my Dell - G7 still does not. Using troubleshooting on the Dell, the error...
  9. Will Windows 10 run on a Dell XPS M140 Laptop?

Will Windows 10 run on a Dell XPS M140 Laptop?: This is talking about if Windows 10 will work on an Dell XPS M140 Laptop or not... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-run-on-a-dell-xps-m140-laptop/2c3b8582-4597-4e13-b5f2-98c04e2390bf
  10. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803: Suddenly got a BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. This happens several times, quite once a month. Can someone help me how to fix this problem? Here's a link for the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avaug2cug7rdhcIRIF4xubVrSlsRaA...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell g3 slow performance after bsod

2. dell g3 bsod and slow performance