Windows 10: Dell laptop runs fine plugged in but will not turn on when unplugged.

Discus and support Dell laptop runs fine plugged in but will not turn on when unplugged. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; New Dell Latitude 5590 Laptop. Works fine with cord plugged in. Shuts off and won't turn on with cord unattached. Battery shows full life but it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GregONeal, Oct 30, 2018.

1. GregONeal Win User

Dell laptop runs fine plugged in but will not turn on when unplugged.

New Dell Latitude 5590 Laptop. Works fine with cord plugged in. Shuts off and won't turn on with cord unattached. Battery shows full life but it will not run without being plugged in.

:)

GregONeal, Oct 30, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Dell laptop runs fine plugged in but will not turn on when unplugged.

Laptop reroutes audio to Laptop speakers if default audio device is unplugged and plugged back in.

I have a user with a Dell Latitude 3580 that has been behaving oddly when an audio device (Speakers or headphones) are unplugged then plugged back in. Either device is set as the default, the device is unplugged or plugged back in, but the sound then comes
    out of the laptop speakers anyway. All the audio and windows drivers are up to date. Restarting the laptop makes the devices work as intended, but unplugging them starts the problem all over again. If the devices are either plugged in or unplugged when it
    restarts does not seem to matter, when unplugged plugging them back in makes them work, but they don't work anymore if unplugged. The Audio Manager shows the audio going to the default device even when the sound is coming out of the laptop speakers. Please
    advise.

David Tveraas, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Dell laptop runs fine plugged in but will not turn on when unplugged.

1. Dell laptop runs fine plugged in but will not turn on when unplugged. - Similar Threads - Dell laptop runs

2. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  3. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  4. Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...: I own an older 2018 Asus ROG Zephyrus GU502GV and suddenly very recently I have been experiencing the issue described in the title and I see it as extremely odd and very sudden. Initially I thought this must be some sort of display bug but it truly wont charge above 3% and...
  5. Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...

Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...: I own an older 2018 Asus ROG Zephyrus GU502GV and suddenly very recently I have been experiencing the issue described in the title and I see it as extremely odd and very sudden. Initially I thought this must be some sort of display bug but it truly wont charge above 3% and...
  6. Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger: Hi people, I got this problem with my MSI Katana Gf66, I'm using Windows 11 btw, I don't know why, but my laptop screen keeps turning black when I am plug and unplug my charger, it's new laptop, just been using it for 1 week, all driver were updated, bios also updated, been...
  7. Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger

Screen turning black when plug or unplug charger: Hi people, I got this problem with my MSI Katana Gf66, I'm using Windows 11 btw, I don't know why, but my laptop screen keeps turning black when I am plug and unplug my charger, it's new laptop, just been using it for 1 week, all driver were updated, bios also updated, been...
  8. Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged: Laptop just start misbehaving. It won't turn on except when plugged in, and it will off when unplugged despite displaying 94% at the battery bar....
  9. Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged: Laptop just start misbehaving. It won't turn on except when plugged in, and it will off when unplugged despite displaying 94% at the battery bar....
  10. Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged