Windows 10: Dell laptop slowing down minutes after startup

Discus and support Dell laptop slowing down minutes after startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got a Dell XPS 7590, 512GB SSD, i7 9750H, 16GB RAM Nvidia GTX 1650. It is running Windows 10 1909. Once the computer is booted up, it runs very well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vigour55, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Dell laptop slowing down minutes after startup

Got a Dell XPS 7590, 512GB SSD, i7 9750H, 16GB RAM Nvidia GTX 1650. It is running Windows 10 1909.

Once the computer is booted up, it runs very well for about 2-3 minutes. I can pretty much do anything in that time interval.

Afterwards everything that's open becomes unresponsive and I cannot open anything at all. Explorer stops responding, my search bar freezes on click, settings pops up then closes without showing a menu.

I've tried to troubleshoot, but I can't seem to find the problem.

CPU is at fine temps running at base clock (turbo disabled)

RAM has 16GB read, only about 20% usage when idle

sfc/scannow found 0 errors

Haven't tried chkdsk but the drive seems fine

Safe mode worked fine with no issues

Clear boot does not solve the problem (with McAfee enabled because I can't disable it)

Any advice would be appreciated as this is driving me crazy!!!

submitted by /u/vigour55
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vigour55, Dec 26, 2020
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Dell laptop slowing down minutes after startup :cool:

SlipSlice, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Dec 26, 2020
  4. mokujin Win User

Dell laptop slowing down minutes after startup

Slow startup

Hi there,
    my laptop since upgrade from W7 to W10 has slow startup.
    I click turn on button, after first loading, everything go sleep (maybe) and have to wait nearly 1 minutes then Windows starts normally.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

mokujin, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Dell laptop slowing down minutes after startup

1. Dell laptop slowing down minutes after startup - Similar Threads - Dell laptop slowing

2. Slow startup and slow shut down help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow startup and slow shut down help: Hi guys,So I have some problems with my PC. There was a point in time where my PC couldn't shut down properly and each time i pressed shut down from windows, it keeps rebooting. My fix to that was to fiddle with something from the registry where I had to uncheck something. It...
  3. Slow startup and slow shut down help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow startup and slow shut down help: Hi guys,So I have some problems with my PC. There was a point in time where my PC couldn't shut down properly and each time i pressed shut down from windows, it keeps rebooting. My fix to that was to fiddle with something from the registry where I had to uncheck something. It...
  4. Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup: After i start my pc i hop on my gamerobox now im at 100-143 frames then 20 - 30 minutes i spike to 22 frames on small servers.I tried everythingI factory reset my laptopChanged battery plan to high performanceUsed my laptops graphics driveri have always usedReinstalled...
  5. Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup

Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup: After i start my pc i hop on my gamerobox now im at 100-143 frames then 20 - 30 minutes i spike to 22 frames on small servers.I tried everythingI factory reset my laptopChanged battery plan to high performanceUsed my laptops graphics driveri have always usedReinstalled...
  6. slow dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow dell laptop: I bought a brand new dell laptop but for the start it was so slow specs:-cpu: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz-gpu: intel iris xe graphics- ram: 8 gb-disk: 1tb hddthe first thing I noticed was the disk usage, it was 100%, so I searched for solutions on the...
  7. slow dell laptop

slow dell laptop: I bought a brand new dell laptop but for the start it was so slow specs:-cpu: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz-gpu: intel iris xe graphics- ram: 8 gb-disk: 1tb hddthe first thing I noticed was the disk usage, it was 100%, so I searched for solutions on the...
  8. Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep: I am using window 10 64 bit build, Hp specter x 360. My wifi speed is usually 50 Mbps before sleep. After 5-10 minutes of sleep, my laptop wifi speed slows down to 2 Mbps. I don't know what is happening. I reset my laptop and the problem still persists. I don't know what to...
  9. why is my dell vostro laptop slowing down???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is my dell vostro laptop slowing down???: why is my dell vostro laptop slowing down??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-is-my-dell-vostro-laptop-slowing-down/767716bd-347c-467f-a457-0811f3542f1d
  10. Laptop slowing down after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop slowing down after BSOD: A couple weeks ago, i started to receive BSOD, with the error CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED. I didnt do much about it and continued to use my laptop after restarting it. However, recently when i tried to insert a video into a powerpoint, i would receive a BSOD. My laptop has been...