Windows 10: Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop

Discus and support Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Dell Inspiron 15 laptop is undergoing a loop of “Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on.” and then “Restarting” loop. It has been like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tarren Nodwell, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop

My Dell Inspiron 15 laptop is undergoing a loop of “Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on.” and then “Restarting” loop. It has been like this for 3 days and has no sign of stopping or any fix so far. Does anyone have a solution to my issue?

:)

Tarren Nodwell, Nov 21, 2022

2. Stuck on updating/restarting loop

Hi,

Last night my computer forced an update when I was shutting it down. It said it would take 5 minutes. It's been 12 hours now and it's stuck in a loop.

It starts by booting up and displaying the Dell logo, then it says Updates are underway please keep your computer on, then it says restarting. It has just continued this loop non stop.

I've managed to get into the start up repair window and run a diagnostic and no problems were dedicated but nothing was resolved and I'm still in the same restarting loop.

This computer is only 8 months old and it's looking like it's already broken. I'm hoping there's something that can be done that will resolve this.

Lewis_7008, Nov 21, 2022
  3. Windows 11 stuck on updates are underway at 100%

I've just downloaded the latest update to Windows 11 on my surface laptop 4, but it's now stuck on updates are underway at 100% and has been for about 30 minutes so far

I'm nervous about restarting in case it screws up my windows installation, and I also don't have access to any other windows 11 pc to make a recovery drive

CrumbleShake, Nov 21, 2022
  4. Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop

Stuck in update loop

These are the only three devices with warning triangles. The PS/2 keyboard and mouse were listed before. The JMB 36X is new.

Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop [​IMG]

Birdieman50, Nov 21, 2022
Thema:

Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop

1. Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop - Similar Threads - Dell laptop stuck

2. Windows 11 stuck in a constant restart loop that then states “updates are underway, please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in a constant restart loop that then states “updates are underway, please...: My windows is constantly going from “update is underway, please keep computer on” then restarting. It’s been doing this for over a day now. I have tried the “hold power down for 30, then volume and power for 15, then power for 10” trick, and it is not working....
  3. Windows 11 stuck in a constant restart loop that then states “updates are underway, please...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck in a constant restart loop that then states “updates are underway, please...: My windows is constantly going from “update is underway, please keep computer on” then restarting. It’s been doing this for over a day now. I have tried the “hold power down for 30, then volume and power for 15, then power for 10” trick, and it is not working....
  4. Updates are underway, restart, loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are underway, restart, loop: Hi,I have a surface laptop 2 with windows 11 that started to perform updates after a blue screen of death message. It’s now in an endless loop of the windows logo, then a screen with “updates are underway, please keep your computer on” and after a few seconds it changes to...
  5. Updates are underway, restart, loop

Updates are underway, restart, loop: Hi,I have a surface laptop 2 with windows 11 that started to perform updates after a blue screen of death message. It’s now in an endless loop of the windows logo, then a screen with “updates are underway, please keep your computer on” and after a few seconds it changes to...
  6. Stuck on updates are underway

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on updates are underway: after restarting my laptop it shows updates are underway please keep your computer on without a percentage im still waiting for an hour already how to fix this, i just bought this laptop 3 days ago...
  7. Stuck on updates are underway

Stuck on updates are underway: after restarting my laptop it shows updates are underway please keep your computer on without a percentage im still waiting for an hour already how to fix this, i just bought this laptop 3 days ago...
  8. Windows 11 updates are underway restarting loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates are underway restarting loop: Hi,I have a 2-year-old HP laptop with windows 11 that started to perform some sort of updates by itself 2 days ago. Everything was going completely normal until the laptop started restarting itself in an endless loop. The laptop starts to open like usual, with the HP logo...
  9. Windows 11 updates are underway restarting loop

Windows 11 updates are underway restarting loop: Hi,I have a 2-year-old HP laptop with windows 11 that started to perform some sort of updates by itself 2 days ago. Everything was going completely normal until the laptop started restarting itself in an endless loop. The laptop starts to open like usual, with the HP logo...
  10. Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop stuck in “updates are underway” loop: My Dell Inspiron 15 laptop is undergoing a loop of “Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on.” and then “Restarting” loop. It has been like this for 3 days and has no sign of stopping or any fix so far. Does anyone have a solution to my issue?...