Windows 10: dell laptop w10 running hot and fan on medium to high before recent updates and after reset...

Discus and support dell laptop w10 running hot and fan on medium to high before recent updates and after reset... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; just reset my laptop for running fan on high and hot underneath and a bit slow. it was ok 3 or so months ago. no weird prog installed. after the reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by e192, Feb 28, 2021.

1. e192 Win User

dell laptop w10 running hot and fan on medium to high before recent updates and after reset...

just reset my laptop for running fan on high and hot underneath and a bit slow. it was ok 3 or so months ago. no weird prog installed. after the reset on February 2021 it's the same. haven't installed anything except chrome. i think it's the resent updates from dell and windows. this is hot underneath. after the reset before the updates it looked calm, no fan, no heat, after the updates it got it started with the fan.

:)

2. cararta Win User

My Win 7 dell optiplex gx620 the Fan motor runs on high most of time

My Win 7 dell optiplex gx620 the Fan motor runs on high most of time funny, quiet right now.

Except for when I put it on sleep, it normally runs high speed all the time.

Think it started doing this after I tried to upgrade to 10 and it would not upgrade

because of my graphics card. Everything else met guidelines to go to win 10

My local computer service co says must be a hardware problem?

I think software overloading something is the problem. Just now when I started typing faster

the fan speed is cranking up, not yet up to HIGH just medium.

Plus after a recent update, I started receiving your windows isn't legal notice after 5 years.

cararta, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Bscher Win User
    Laptop very hot, fan constantly running since installing Win 10

I have a 4 year old Toshiba, Windows 7 laptop that I just upgraded to Windows 10. Since installing, the computer has run very hot and the fan runs nearly constantly. It was also running very slow, but after turning off nearly all of the visual effects, the
    performance is extremely zippy. I have the power setting on high performance. Computer has Corei5 and 4 gb ram.

I didn't have this problem at all when it was running Win 7 last week. The fan seems to run almost constantly even with web browsing. Any tweaks or suggestions to cut some of the processing demands and get it running cooler again? If not, I'll be forced
    to go back to my Win 7, which actually runs slower but cooler.

Bscher, Feb 28, 2021
  4. dell laptop w10 running hot and fan on medium to high before recent updates and after reset...

Laptop very hot, fan constantly running since installing Win 10

Hi.

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

You may first check if any process is running high. Task Manager displays the programs, processes, and services that are currently running on your computer. You can use Task Manager to monitor your computer’s performance.

Follow these steps:

a. While on the desktop, right-click on the taskbar, click on Task Manager.

b. Click on the Processes tab and check if any processes that is running high.

If none of the process is running high then I suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it resolves the issue.

I would suggest you to check with the following steps to try and resolve overheating issues:

a) Clean air vents and check if air fan is working or not.

b) Use some software, then, check if your system's fan is working at right speed.

c) Do not use your notebook/laptop on a surface that block air vents.

d) Thermal pads might be burnt. Try replacing them with new one.

e) There might be some fault with the hardware. You can get it checked with professional expert.

f) Adjust power settings to your needs. Lower energy consumption will result lower heat generation.

g) Never leave operating laptop with closed lid. This always generates heat inside laptop. You may close lid only if laptop will automatically go into sleep or hibernation mode.

h) You may also try installing latest software and drivers from the manufacturer website.

I hope the above suggestion helps. If you need further assistance, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harsha Rasquinha, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

dell laptop w10 running hot and fan on medium to high before recent updates and after reset...

1. dell laptop w10 running hot and fan on medium to high before recent updates and after reset... - Similar Threads - dell laptop w10

2. Fan runs continuously after update. HP laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan runs continuously after update. HP laptop.: Open Task Manager > services> HP framework> right click stop. Fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-runs-continuously-after-update-hp-laptop/15ac147a-7b18-4744-9ea6-cba7daf453cd
  3. Fan running after update KB5004945

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan running after update KB5004945: Hello, after installing the KB5004945 update on the Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop, fan is often on even when watching a YouTube-only video or browsing simple websites! If I turn off the program or WebBrowser, the fan dies down. Fan's mechanically clean. I also tried pc Advanced...
  4. dell laptop w10 running hot and fan on medium to high before recent updates and after reset...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dell laptop w10 running hot and fan on medium to high before recent updates and after reset...: just reset my laptop for running fan on high and hot underneath and a bit slow. it was ok 3 or so months ago. no weird prog installed. after the reset on February 2021 it's the same. haven't installed anything except chrome. i think it's the resent updates from dell and...
  5. Alienware M15 constantly fan runs on high

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alienware M15 constantly fan runs on high: I'm having a problem with my Alienware laptop where the fan is constantly running near top speed. I've checked the Task Manager, and this happens even when my machine is using less than 10% of the CPU. I've tried contacting Dell tech support, but they were completely...
  6. fan running continually after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fan running continually after 2004 update: Just updated Windows from 1909 to 2004, and now it seems the fan runs continually. Anyone else notice this? How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-running-continually-after-2004-update/4c9feefe-b324-4377-be90-73dd08497d0f
  7. Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?: Hello does laptop fan run constantly? I have a lenovo legion laptap Its fanes do not work constantly It s normal? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan/75d39abf-96db-4a01-9ed9-cdace9c425aa
  8. Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell: Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-running-w10-doesnt-see-surface-running/768b37ba-9fee-425e-9cc0-a14a839503b8
  9. Dell Inspiron Running Hot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron Running Hot: Anyone recommend a good free program for W10, for monitoring laptop temperature ?.........this Dell Inspiron 1545 seems to be running a little hot.........I seem to remember that when I was running Vista, there was a small App. that sat on the taskbar, but can't remember what...
  10. Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop: Hi I have a Toshiba A300 Satelitte laptop. When I start this the fan runs for about 5 seconds and then stops. Subsequently it won't start again and the laptop gets very hot but doesn't shut down. So hot in fact it is not able to be handled. I am worried about a fire. Core...