Windows 10: Dell laptop will not turn on (at first).

Discus and support Dell laptop will not turn on (at first). in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I went to Dell and saw that my laptop is compatible with Windows 10. It's a Dell Inspiron 3737. I thought I fixed my issue when I disabled "fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HarryD, Dec 5, 2015.

1. HarryD Win User

Dell laptop will not turn on (at first).

I went to Dell and saw that my laptop is compatible with Windows 10. It's a Dell Inspiron 3737. I thought I fixed my issue when I disabled "fast startup" in power settings. It occurs to me that some of my problems were fixed (excessive battery draining).

If I shut the lid and leave it, the next day the laptop won't turn on. I have to hold the power button down until I see the power LED flash and then I can press the button again to turn on the laptop.

:)

HarryD, Dec 5, 2015

2. My dell laptop won't stop blinking from the dell logo

First I turn on my laptop it looks good but then when it's at the dell logo I'm waiting and it just goes blank then comes back on the Dell logo and it just repeats please help.

chitosandoval, Dec 5, 2015
  3. got a dell latitude D520 when turn on first something setup program than goes to dell screen than white screen appears wanting the system or administrater password well i dont have a clue how can i get threw all this

Hi,

This is clearly the wrong section for this. When your laptop asks for a password, you need to supply this or contact Dell directly to resolve it.

http://www.mobilityminded.com

Mark Briggeman, Dec 5, 2015
  4. HarryD Win User

Updated the BIOS from A01 to A08, let's see what happens.

HarryD, Dec 5, 2015
  5. Steve C Win User
    I've just updated my Dell 7537 laptop. Before I did so, I noted from the Dell forum it is vital to use the latest BIOS update which supports Windows 10.

Steve C, Dec 5, 2015
  6. HarryD Win User
    It seems to be fixed. I'm going to give it a couple days. I'll probably do a clean install and dual boot 7 and 10.

HarryD, Dec 6, 2015
  7. HarryD Win User
    Nope. Still acting weird.

HarryD, Dec 7, 2015
  8. StoweUser Win User

When you say that it's acting weird, do you just mean the sleep function when you close the lid? Or is there other weirdness?

Personally, I have never had much luck with Windows machines using sleep mode, I just shut them down every time.

On the other hand my Mac sleeps and starts up nice.

Anyway, I've upgraded a bunch of pretty old machines to Windows 10. I've learned that for older machines there are many fewer problems if you start with the 32 bit version of 7/8 and install the 32 bit version of 10, even if the 64 bit version of 7/8 runs fine.

Also, I always make sure that 7/8 is validated, then do an upgrade to 10 and check the validation. Once 10 is validated I do a fresh install of 10. Seems to work best this way.

StoweUser, Dec 7, 2015
  9. HarryD Win User
    I would shut the lid of the laptop and leave it alone, it could be plugged in or unplugged from the wall. I open the lid and no matter what button I press, the laptop/display wouldn't turn on (wake). The power LED and wireless LED would be on but the display never turns on. I have to hold the power button down for about ten seconds, then press it again.

The laptop came with Windows 8.1 64 bit, and I installed Windows 7 64 bit soon after. All of them were clean installs, including 10.

I wanted the 64 bit version because I have 8GB of memory installed.

HarryD, Dec 8, 2015
  10. 1nitram2 Win User
    Try disabling the Intel Management Interface in device manager.
    If that fixes it you may have success with older drivers.
    I had sleep/shutdown problems and disabling IME fixed it, no drivers fixed it so I am running with it disabled.

1nitram2, Dec 8, 2015
  11. HarryD Win User
    I shut the lid twice yesterday with the laptop plugged in and before opening it I noticed that both LED's were off. I opened it and it awoke as it's suppose to. I'm going to try it again this time with the laptop unplugged.

I haven't disabled anything yet.

HarryD, Dec 9, 2015
  12. HarryD Win User
    After some messing around I found out that when I shut the lid the LED's will turn off and the power LED will slowly flash.
    This is the way it should work.

Sometimes when I shut the lid the LED's stay on. Last night I clicked shut down, the display went black but both LED's were still on. I woke this morning to a dead battery.

The battery indicator also wasn't showing if it was charging until I unplugged the power input and plugged it back in.

I'll be fixing this issue today by doing a clean install of Windows 7.

HarryD, Dec 11, 2015
  13. 1nitram2 Win User

Did you try disabling IME?

1nitram2, Dec 11, 2015
  14. HarryD Win User
    No. How can I? Uninstall it?

HarryD, Dec 11, 2015
  15. 1nitram2 Win User
    In device manager - Right click|Disable

1nitram2, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Dell laptop will not turn on (at first). - Similar Threads - Dell laptop turn

2. My laptop doesnot turn on it stuck dell logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesnot turn on it stuck dell logo: My laptop doesnot turn on it sturk dell logo plz answer to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnot-turn-on-it-stuck-dell-logo/e634560f-240a-491e-b4b0-22074dfd03b2
  3. My laptop doesnot turn on it stuck dell logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop doesnot turn on it stuck dell logo: My laptop doesnot turn on it sturk dell logo plz answer to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnot-turn-on-it-stuck-dell-logo/e634560f-240a-491e-b4b0-22074dfd03b2
  4. i turn off the dell laptop but in is running restting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i turn off the dell laptop but in is running restting: I accidentally turned off my computer while erasing all the data on my dell laptop and when I showed the login screen I couldn't I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-turn-off-the-dell-laptop-but-in-is-running/9e06dbe5-471c-4103-b1d4-b106397f300b
  5. i turn off the dell laptop but in is running restting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i turn off the dell laptop but in is running restting: I accidentally turned off my computer while erasing all the data on my dell laptop and when I showed the login screen I couldn't I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-turn-off-the-dell-laptop-but-in-is-running/9e06dbe5-471c-4103-b1d4-b106397f300b
  6. Turn OFF the touchpad on my Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn OFF the touchpad on my Dell Laptop: I do not use my touchpad on my Dell Laptop. I have set it to Low sensitivity. It still moves the cursor as I am typing. I have also tried taping a cover over it-no help. How can I turn it off so as I type, the cursor does not move around the screen?...
  7. [BSOD] My new dell laptop crashes in the first 24 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [BSOD] My new dell laptop crashes in the first 24 hours: Hi everyone, My dell laptop crashes [BSOD] constantly every 10 minutes or so. I am not sure if its a hardware or a software issue. I am using Windows 10 Pro, and I installed all the new Microsoft updates. Please check attached log from the "Beta Log collector". Thanks. 126748
  8. new laptop first laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    new laptop first laptop: Missing menu sidebar with start button. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-first-laptop/359a9b9a-cef6-4fa2-a48d-3faa75404979
  9. Dell G3 15" Laptop won't turn on!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell G3 15" Laptop won't turn on!: I just received my dell G3, turned it on, prompt to windows 10 set up with crotana. 5 minutes later it crashed on me. (it was plugged in) Tried turning it on multiple times, loaded up once for 1 minute, crashed again. Keyboard backlight would blink when attempted to power...
  10. New Dell Computer - how to choose type of acct w/ first turn on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Dell Computer - how to choose type of acct w/ first turn on: May I ask, how is the Administrator of a computer determined? Am I, as a new owner of this computer, automatically made the administrator? Computer: Dell XPS 8920, Windows 10Pro, two drives (SSD with OS and hard drive for storage) If so, how does the system identify...