Windows 10: Dell laptop windows 10 problem

Discus and support Dell laptop windows 10 problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i bought a used laptop with no apps from the store and try to install Microsoft word app to my computer after finishing installing it asks me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sis1961, Aug 14, 2018.

1. sis1961 Win User

Dell laptop windows 10 problem

i bought a used laptop with no apps from the store and try to install Microsoft word app to my computer after finishing installing it asks me to update the computer and i click yes after 1 hr it finish updating and start preparing windows then it can't finish for about 24 hours i tried to shut down by pressing the start up button but the same as before what is my solution to get back to the normal status ?

:)

sis1961, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

• Win Start button
    • Type in "device manager"
    • Select Device Manager to open it
    • Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    • Right click Dell Touchpad
    • Disable device
    • Yes

Dell laptop windows 10 problem [​IMG]

Josie23, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2018
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell laptop windows 10 problem - Similar Threads - Dell laptop problem

2. Dell laptop start problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop start problem: It shows Windous failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be thecause. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-start-problem/dbbbc400-426b-4d46-8328-468872fe696f
  3. Dell laptop start problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop start problem: It shows Windous failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be thecause. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-start-problem/dbbbc400-426b-4d46-8328-468872fe696f
  4. Problem with keyboard laptop Dell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with keyboard laptop Dell: Hey I have a problem with the keyboard on my laptop. For example when I press "3" the computer opens programs, opens file explorer. Yesterday everything was still ok, I tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers, nothing helped, I also changed the settings in Ease of access....
  5. Problem with keyboard laptop Dell

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with keyboard laptop Dell: Hey I have a problem with the keyboard on my laptop. For example when I press "3" the computer opens programs, opens file explorer. Yesterday everything was still ok, I tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers, nothing helped, I also changed the settings in Ease of access....
  6. Problems with Windows 10 and Dell Laptop FUSION Failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Windows 10 and Dell Laptop FUSION Failure.: I had problems with the Windows 11 upgrade - black screen etc, so I reverted back to Windows 10 which is working fine as before except now the Dell update is saying that an update is available, and the problem is that it keeps failing saying that 'the feature you are trying...
  7. Problems with Windows 10 and Dell Laptop FUSION Failure.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with Windows 10 and Dell Laptop FUSION Failure.: I had problems with the Windows 11 upgrade - black screen etc, so I reverted back to Windows 10 which is working fine as before except now the Dell update is saying that an update is available, and the problem is that it keeps failing saying that 'the feature you are trying...
  8. Problems with Windows 10 and Dell Laptop FUSION Failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Wifi Connection problem in Windows 10 Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Connection problem in Windows 10 Dell Laptop: HI Wifi Connection problem in Windows 10 laptop. in-order to get back my connection, i need to reset network adapter and restart my laptop. Nowadays doing it everyday. Have done few fixes from internet...nothing is working out. looking for permanent fix. Kindly advise....
  10. windows 10 problems on dell inspire laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 problems on dell inspire laptop: My start menu, mail and settings all disappeared. could it have been caused by installing mcafee defender? at one point the winkey-x allowed me to open settings and I tried to repair the mail setting, which seems to have removed the mail completely...