Windows 10: Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam of Creative Live Camera which just does not work in...

Discus and support Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam of Creative Live Camera which just does not work in... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam which just does not work in Windows 10 Pro. I cannot use it for Zoom or Microsoft Team or any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Saramita De Chakravarti, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam of Creative Live Camera which just does not work in...

I have a Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam which just does not work in Windows 10 Pro. I cannot use it for Zoom or Microsoft Team or any other facility requiring a video or camera. I have updated windows it has been done automatically once connected with high speed BB and the system uses Creative Live Camera. All it shows is a blank screen with a fixed camera icon. I have spoken to the manufacturer and they have done a diagnostic test and found that after my recent Windows 10 Update, there is now no camera driver listed in my Device Manager. I cannot find a link to install the correct camera driver from Microsoft. Any help would be appreciated. am stuck in work.

am attaching two screenshots of my laptop. have a loon plz...

thank u,

Dr Saramita De Chakravarti

Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam of Creative Live Camera which just does not work in... c1f60566-7c06-47d0-bb35-d7307b2a539c?upload=true.jpg

Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam of Creative Live Camera which just does not work in... 5ecda898-9a43-47dc-a972-072495524d09?upload=true.jpg

:)

Saramita De Chakravarti, Jan 9, 2021
  2. user13267 Win User

Reusing old laptop webcam as USB camera

I took the webcam from an old Compaq 620 laptop and after a few wire connections I can connect it to the USB port

For a few seconds it is detected as HP Webcam 2.0 in device manager under Cameras (which also shows the built in Webcam for this laptop), but then after a while the Device Manager window refreshes and the webcam from the old laptop goes under the node Imaging Devices and it is listed as HP Universal Camera Driver. The old laptop is broken so I cannot test it again, but if I remember correctly it's webcam used to shown as HP Webcam 2.0 as well, in device manager

However, the problem is that the external USB camera is not detected by any application. I have tested using online webcan test sites (eg, Webcam Test) and using Skype's camera settings window (it shows a preview of the selected webcam), but in both cases I can only see the built in webcam on the detected cameras list

Since the USB camera initially shows up as HP Webcam 2.0 for a few seconds initially (when auto installing drivers for the first time), if I manage to open skype's audio settings window within that period, the USB webcam does show up in the detected cameras list, but by them it will have become detected as HP Universal Camera driver and disappears from the skype camera list.

I have seen blogs and videos online of other people using their old laptop webcams as external USB webcams, so this should be possible for at least some models. Since it is consistently detected as a USB device I am supposing the connections are correct as well. I do have 4 diodes connected in series to the USB +5V line before it goes to the camera, and each diode drops about 0.5 V, so the camera is only seeing about 3 V. Since USB detection works up to the driver auto-installation point I am assuming power isn't an issue.

Is there anyway to test whether this webcam works as a USB webcam or not? Could this just be an issue of finding the correct drivers? Once this gets detected as HP Universal Camera Driver in the device manager, going to driver upgrade and auto-searching online only says the best driver is already installed. I have also tried searching for compaq 620 webcam windows 10 drivers but they don't seem to be available. Is there some kind of generic driver that should always work with any camera? Could this be a windows 10 issue? Would this work on linux? I'm not sure how to test webcams on Linux though.

EDIT:

I found possible drivers here:

HP Compaq 620 Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP

I could not find camera drivers for Windows 10 in HP's official page. This new linked page claims the camera driver is for Windows 10, and says the device name is HP Webcam [2 MP Fixed], which is what I expect, downloading the driver downloads files whose name implies camera device is manufactured by realtek. While using the webcam in my old laptop before I never recall Realtek being associated with anything to do with the webcam (this name was associated with the network card only) and looking at the PCB of the webcam itself doesn't indicate it is related to realtek in any way. Would it be risky to try and install this driver anyway? The new laptop is also an HP with the webcam being detected as Asus. I just don't want the drivers for the USB webcam to interfere with the built in one.

EDIT 2:

I installed drivers from the link above. The camera now shows up under Imaging Devices (not sure why it does not show up under Camera like the built in webcam) node as HP Webcam 2.0. It is also detected by applications such as skype (shows up in camera setup window's detected cameras list) but if I select the webcam skype just hangs up and I need to force close it from the task manager. If I disconnect the webcam the built-in webcam shows up and skype runs normally. The driver download link above comes with a webcam testing utility called "RsCap.exe". This utility also shows the usb webcam in it's list, but hangs if I select and try to preview the webcam. If I disconnect the webcam the built in webcam previews normally and is pretty fast.

I booted the computer using a USB live install of puppy linux and used the built in USB scanning tool to scan for everything connected to USB. This is what it shows regarding the usb webcam and the built in webcam.

Built in webcam:

Usb webcam:

Is there anyway to use this usb webcam?

user13267, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Inbuilt Webcam not working Windows 10

I have a new Dell laptop - Inspiron 7580, and tried to used the inbuilt webcam at the start of corona lockdown, but it doesn't work.

I have given all applications permission to access the camera but still it won't work, and an error code is generated.

Whilst trying to sort the problem myself, I inadvertently wiped the driver off the system.

I contacted Dell, and they say the driver is a Windows Generic camera driver, not a Dell camera driver.

Where can I get this driver to reinstall and hopefully cure my issue, if it was a driver issue and not the camera itself.

JohnWatsonEng, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Kyhi Win User

Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam of Creative Live Camera which just does not work in...

Dell camera driver

Is the Camera listed in Device Manager ?
    My DELL INSPIRON 15-5578 lists a > Realtek IR Camera Driver
    My older Dell's used > Dell Webcam Central

Kyhi, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam of Creative Live Camera which just does not work in...

1. Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam of Creative Live Camera which just does not work in... - Similar Threads - Dell Laptop inbuilt

2. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  3. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  4. Laptop inbuilt speakers not working. Just crackling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop inbuilt speakers not working. Just crackling.: 2018 model HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-bp131tx, x64-based laptopThere is sound in headphones fine, and I hear it come from speakers at full volume for just an instant when putting in or removing the jack, but the rest of the time the only sound coming from the speakers is a...
  5. Laptop inbuilt speakers not working. Just crackling.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop inbuilt speakers not working. Just crackling.: 2018 model HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-bp131tx, x64-based laptopThere is sound in headphones fine, and I hear it come from speakers at full volume for just an instant when putting in or removing the jack, but the rest of the time the only sound coming from the speakers is a...
  6. inbuilt camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    inbuilt camera not working: Time of this report: 6/1/2021, 23:17:01 Machine name: LAPTOP-64O3C2N0 Machine Id: {2B340D11-D7EB-4666-8436-FC14A2A6EFE5} Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit 10.0, Build 19042 19041.vb_release.191206-1406 Language: English Regional Setting: English System...
  7. Inbuilt Camera of my laptop Dell P65G blak screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inbuilt Camera of my laptop Dell P65G blak screen: I have been facing problem on my Dell laptop , Model # P65 G. For Zoom meeting, my inpuilt camera started showing a black screen. It is an Integrated Camera on OS Windows 10. Whenever I open the Camera it is a Black screen. The little camera light comes on but on the black...
  8. Inbuilt camera not working

Inbuilt camera not working: Please help. I have tried everything: privacy settings are on, checked drivers updates, uninstalled and re-intsalled camera hardware, reset the camera, run the troubleshooting, edit the registry, check my antivirus programme, download driver from manufacturer . Nothing works...
  9. inbuilt laptop camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    inbuilt laptop camera: I recorded a video with laptop inbuilt camera, when I played it the video was inverted sideways. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inbuilt-laptop-camera/c3516847-12ae-458d-9125-52b37c8c0812
  10. Creative Labs Live!Cam Social Webcam Driver

Creative Labs Live!Cam Social Webcam Driver: I have no drivers for this webcam Does anyone know which drivers I can use ? Thanks 10581