Windows 10: Dell laptop with i3 and 1511 - OS Upgradeable?

Discus and support Dell laptop with i3 and 1511 - OS Upgradeable? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I worked on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series (i3) laptop yesterday. I notice it has the original Win 10 V1511 that it came with when new and has never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fireberd, Mar 4, 2019.

1. fireberd Win User

Dell laptop with i3 and 1511 - OS Upgradeable?

I worked on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series (i3) laptop yesterday. I notice it has the original Win 10 V1511 that it came with when new and has never been upgraded to later Win 10 versions. I did search for updates and it found some but never offered a Win 10 OS upgrade. I considered manually upgrading it but the user needed the PC for some Excel work so I didn't try anything.

Should a later Win 10 version been offered via the updates? Or is the hardware preventing upgrading?

:)

fireberd, Mar 4, 2019

2. upgrading dell inspiron 5559 laptop .

Hi

Can I upgrade my dell Inspiron 5559(windows 10 v 1511 OS Build 10586.873) laptop to creators update v 1703.

Sheelnath Kekre, Mar 4, 2019
  3. P.Vinoth Win User
    Windows 10 OS upgrade

I am vinoth , I am using DELL Inspiron 5558 laptop with genuine windows 10 OS ( home edition)

I cant able to upgrade the OS version from 1511 to the latest. I use windows upgrade Assistant , Every time I try to download the download starts and goes upto 60 or70 percent then rolls back from 0 percent. for this I didn't get any error codes , I faced
    this issue more than 5-6 times.

I have also verified the upgarde Compatability

sometimes when the download interrupts I receive an error code of 0*800705b9.

kindly help me solve this issue.

Laptop Configuration:

Dell Inspiron 5558

5th generation core i3 processor

4gb Ram

2gb Nvidia Graphic card

1 TB hard-disk.

P.Vinoth, Mar 4, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell laptop with i3 and 1511 - OS Upgradeable? - Similar Threads - Dell laptop 1511

2. My dell laptop os not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell laptop os not working.: I didn't used my dell laptop past 2months. Now i switched on my laptop it's not working at all. I power on it's shows "preparing self diagnose" something. I think my os was outdated or corrupted. My laptop is UEFI Boot system, i installed windows 10 iso file on my usb. How to...
  3. My dell laptop os not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My dell laptop os not working.: I didn't used my dell laptop past 2months. Now i switched on my laptop it's not working at all. I power on it's shows "preparing self diagnose" something. I think my os was outdated or corrupted. My laptop is UEFI Boot system, i installed windows 10 iso file on my usb. How to...
  4. Dell Inspiron13 5310 with i3-1125G4 cannot upgrade to Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron13 5310 with i3-1125G4 cannot upgrade to Windows11: The processor clock speed is the only requirement that this laptop doesn't meet. However the processor model, Intel i3-1125G4, is on the support list for Windows 11. The processor is recognized as "11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i3-1125G4 @ 2.00GHz 883 MHz" in Windows 10, while that...
  5. Dell Inspiron13 5310 with i3-1125G4 cannot upgrade to Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron13 5310 with i3-1125G4 cannot upgrade to Windows11: The processor clock speed is the only requirement that this laptop doesn't meet. However the processor model, Intel i3-1125G4, is on the support list for Windows 11. The processor is recognized as "11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i3-1125G4 @ 2.00GHz 883 MHz" in Windows 10, while that...
  6. Can't Upgrade to 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Upgrade to 1511: Hello, I have been following this thread and am unable to upgrade my laptop to 1511, I am on build 10240. I have followed all the steps in this thread and many other threads with no result. I will update windows defender stuff but will not upgrade to build 1511 or the latest...
  7. Have a Dell laptop that will not load the OS

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Have a Dell laptop that will not load the OS: this is a Dell Inspiron 17r. I have windows 10 on it and it was running until this am. Right now it will not load Windows at all. I have a second dell that is running win10, but it is 64 bit. I tried using the auto repair and it failed. There are no restore points, and she...
  8. Upgrade i3-3120 to i7-4700mq in Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade i3-3120 to i7-4700mq in Laptop: The real questions are; if you find a cpu that is upgradable, will the performance increase/gain be significant enough to warranty the upgrade and will it be cost effective to do so. Meaning, would it be cheaper to purchase a new laptop with the latest cpu.
  9. Is the 1511 upgrade worth it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the 1511 upgrade worth it?: I have Windows 10 Home version. It continually fails to install the 1511 upgrade. I have already spent lots of time on this and am concerned that successfully upgrading will require an inordinate amount of time and effort. An HP support person told me that it is not...
  10. Problem upgrading to 1511

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading to 1511: Hi, I successfully upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home a week or so ago but I used an ISO that I had successfully upgraded 2 other PCs with - turns out It was build 10240. When I upgraded it gave me the option to keep all my installed software and settings. I'm now...