Windows 10: dell latitude 6400 windows 10 home, video playback with stutter/skips

Discus and support dell latitude 6400 windows 10 home, video playback with stutter/skips in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dell Latitude E6400 Laptop Core 2 Duo 2.53GHZ 4GB 250GB DVDRW Windows 10 Home graphics : mobile intel(r) 4 series express chipset family wddm 1.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by zorak1066, Jun 11, 2018.

1. zorak1066 Win User

dell latitude 6400 windows 10 home, video playback with stutter/skips

Dell Latitude E6400 Laptop Core 2 Duo 2.53GHZ 4GB 250GB DVDRW Windows 10 Home
    graphics : mobile intel(r) 4 series express chipset family wddm 1.1

graphics driver update check: intel says no new drivers found
    ran system file checker, no problems found

when I play a saved video offline, and when I play a video online with youtube there seems to be skipping or stuttering on both audio and video being played. it's not horrible but enough where it is noticeable and annoying.

I have Kaspersky internet security and windows defender. ive disabled both to see if that helped but no difference.

the display is set at :

1280x800
    60hz refresh rate (only one that shows)
    8 bit depth
    rgb format
    color space sdr

has anyone had this problem and know of a fix? excuse my tech ignorance please.

:)

zorak1066, Jun 11, 2018

2. window 10 video playback trouble

Hi David,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need whether you play the video from the website/Movies and TV app?

I suggest you to run the video playback troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and devices under
      Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Video playback under Windows.

• Click on Advanced on the Video playback dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Video playback troubleshooter.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 11, 2018
  3. darhome Win User
    Upgrading Dell Inspiron 6400 to Windows 10

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my old and trusty Dell Inspiron 6400 to Windows 10 but come up with a report which says 'BIOS not compatible'.

Is there a way to bypass the error and install Windows 10.

Thanks in advance.

darhome, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

dell latitude 6400 windows 10 home, video playback with stutter/skips

1. dell latitude 6400 windows 10 home, video playback with stutter/skips - Similar Threads - dell latitude 6400

2. HEVC video has stuttered playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEVC video has stuttered playback: The problem persists for more than 2 years. It was in Windows 10, now it successfully migrated to the new Windows 11. Any video encoded in HEVC has stuttering playback like 10 frames play forward, then 5 goes back and the solution of this obviously awful codec error have not...
  3. HEVC video has stuttered playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC video has stuttered playback: The problem persists for more than 2 years. It was in Windows 10, now it successfully migrated to the new Windows 11. Any video encoded in HEVC has stuttering playback like 10 frames play forward, then 5 goes back and the solution of this obviously awful codec error have not...
  4. Windows 10 Photos App - Video stuttering in playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Photos App - Video stuttering in playback: Everytime I play a video in Window's native Photo's app the video stutters. I play it on Window's native movie app the video plays fine. Is this a Photo app issue or something else? This is a new computer I just bought 2 weeks ago. First windows laptop after 10 years with...
  5. Videos in all browsers skipping frames / stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos in all browsers skipping frames / stuttering: I have ryzen 2700x and rtx2060, W10 1909 with latest updates, latest driver/bios, have tried a lot of fixes and none have worked. Videos in browsers skip frames, including in firefox, chrome, brave, opera, edge, ie, etc. The stutter is pretty bad, tons of skipped frames,...
  6. Stuttering video playback on iTunes for Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Stuttering video playback on iTunes for Windows 10: Stuttered and unwatchable video playback. No issues with my music files. I have a brand new Acer Aspire 3 laptop ie no malware running Windows 10. i have uninstalled and re-installed iTunes 12.10.8.2 really painful process I do not want to do this again!. I have experimented...
  7. Stuttering Video Playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuttering Video Playback: I have a PC Laptop with Windows 10. Since the most recent update in November, my videos have not played smoothly, instead they start and stop constantly, whether it's Chrome, Firefox, the DVD player or the Netflix app. I have tried updating the apps, installing different...
  8. video playback stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video playback stuttering: video playback stuttering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback-stuttering/db841da1-dc0c-4e93-bba9-dd619955dbbe
  9. Video playback skipping after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playback skipping after Windows 10 upgrade: I did a fresh format of Windows 10 on my laptop and ever since any video playback skips/stutters about every few minutes in VLC or Media Player. I have updated my graphics card, sound card, and am up to date on windows 10. I've seen other threads in other forums on this and...
  10. Video playback issues, keeps skipping to the end

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playback issues, keeps skipping to the end: I have Windows 10, Dell Precision 5510. I downloaded a few mp4 videos, and I keep having problems with it. Sometimes I like to skip through the video to get to a certain point. Sometimes if I do it a lot for a video, it stops playing. However, today, the videos I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are the most compatible apps for playing movies on the dell latitude 6400

2. dell e6400 latitude sound stutter

3. dell latitude e6400 upgrade to windows 10

4. dell e6400 windows 10 music stuttering,
  5. e6400 slow video playback wwindows 10,
  6. DELL LATITUDE E6400 AUDIO ISSUES,
  7. dell latitude e6400 playback issues,
  8. dell e6400 audio skips,
  9. dell e6400 slow video playback,
  10. latitude e 6420 youtube sound skips,
  11. dell latitude E6400 sound stutters