Windows 10: Dell Latitude E6510 Intermittent no LCD

Discus and support Dell Latitude E6510 Intermittent no LCD in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi All, I've had my Dell Latitude E6510 for about 8 years now and I really like it, it's reasonably fast and does what I need. For quite a few months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by stevec59, May 15, 2020.

1. stevec59 Win User

Dell Latitude E6510 Intermittent no LCD

Hi All,
    I've had my Dell Latitude E6510 for about 8 years now and I really like it, it's reasonably fast and does what I need. For quite a few months now, maybe even a year I've had problems with the Built in LCD having no display, I initially got around this by closing the lid and opening again slowly, my lid creeks in at a few angles and if I'm lucky the display comes on, if not power off and try again.It's been getting worse, I did wonder if it's the cable going from the motherboard to the display, but when it works it works perfectly, no lines, no breaking up the display, Last night I attached it to an external monitor via VGA and pressing Fn F8, that is to swap display and it worked, I had a display on the external monitor, you can switch 'Modes' so I went for Mirror, i.e. Laptop and external, still nothing on the laptop.
    Then I thought lets try and force the display at power on, I don't often see the Dell logo and the hole start-up, so I removed all the RAM, I had some flashing LED's but no display, but I could't remember if I should see a 'No Memory' or not.
    I'm wondering if the driver has been updated and is wrong, but that shouldn't make it intermittent.
    Today I thought I'd leave the laptop on and put the laptop to sleep when the lid was closed, when I opened the lid no display, I did try pressing several keys, but no joy, shut the lid again and it was OK, very strange
    The laptop is Windows 10 Pro. ver 1903.
    Under Display adaptors, it says Intel (R) HD Graphics.
    I don't really want to replace the cable from the motherboard to the LCD unless I have to, splitting the display isn't easy.

What do we think?

Many Thanks,
    Steve

:)

stevec59, May 15, 2020

2. Dell Latitude E6510 updated to Windows 10

My Dell Latitude E6510 laptop was updated to Windows 10 now says that activation will expire shortly. I have the original product key of Windows 7 stamped inside battery area.

Kindly advise whay i should do to re-activate my updated windows 10.

KaramatAli_336, May 15, 2020
  3. Pavel Win User
    Dell bios passwords 595B and 2A7B

Please help me! Dell Latitude E6510.
    FKR0WM1-2A7B.

Pavel, May 15, 2020
  4. Mleban Win User

Dell bios passwords 595B and 2A7B

Hi ! I also have Admin password on BIOS A07, Dell Latitude e6510, system number: F7904Q1-2A7B.
    Pls respond

Mleban, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Dell Latitude E6510 Intermittent no LCD - Similar Threads - Dell Latitude E6510

2. Dell Latitude 7390

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude 7390: My laptop does not boot, if it does it shows some random screen and says date and time not set and when i try to set it, it does not work. Somehow after the laptop boots up it lags and shuts down on its own. The keyboard of the laptop does not work, so i have to use an...
  3. Dell Latitude 7390

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Latitude 7390: My laptop does not boot, if it does it shows some random screen and says date and time not set and when i try to set it, it does not work. Somehow after the laptop boots up it lags and shuts down on its own. The keyboard of the laptop does not work, so i have to use an...
  4. Dell latitude e7470

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell latitude e7470: I bought 2 dell latitude e7470 broken screen no hdd no ssd . Guess no os I got os recovery downloading windows 7 pro 64 from dell but will it work I'm planning on plugging usb in . Then f12 I believe. Not sure I'm a noob. Any help thank you for your time . Plus one e7470 on...
  5. Dell latitude e7470

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell latitude e7470: I bought 2 dell latitude e7470 broken screen no hdd no ssd . Guess no os I got os recovery downloading windows 7 pro 64 from dell but will it work I'm planning on plugging usb in . Then f12 I believe. Not sure I'm a noob. Any help thank you for your time . Plus one e7470 on...
  6. Microphone on Dell Latitude is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone on Dell Latitude is not working: Today I tried to use Zoom for the first time. Unfortunately, the microphone on my computer does not appear to be working. I am not muted. I have used zoom many times on other computers. Zoom is unable to find the internal microphone on the computer. Not sure why. This never...
  7. Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10

Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10: A similar thread was locked so I could not add my experience to that. Hence a new thread. My laptop applied a number of Windows updates and the touchpad did not work. I searched the Dell drivers but they do not support WIndows 10 for this laptop. I tried...
  8. Dell Latitude 5401 - Earphone jack intermittently working

Dell Latitude 5401 - Earphone jack intermittently working: Hi there, I have a Dell Latitude 5401 that's earphone jack intermittently working. I plugged earphone in and the laptop picks up on the earphones but when I plug them out and back in, the laptop doesn't recognise them again. The system board has been replaced twice, but...
  9. Dell Latitude D630 Memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Latitude D630 Memory: I installed new and more memory into my Dell Latitude D630 today. I put a new 4gig 200pin in the first port under the key board and one 4gig 200pin in the second on the backside. I checked the laptop has the new bios A17. I am running windows10 Home and when I check the...
  10. Bluetooth Driver for Dell Latitude

Bluetooth Driver for Dell Latitude: Where can I get a bluetooth driver for a 2018 Dell Latitude E6420? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-driver-for-dell-latitude/7fc42c81-e0cb-4970-a0ab-5061a05522f6