Windows 10: Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10

Discus and support Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A similar thread was locked so I could not add my experience to that. Hence a new thread. My laptop applied a number of Windows updates and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JSofNorwich, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10

A similar thread was locked so I could not add my experience to that. Hence a new thread.

My laptop applied a number of Windows updates and the touchpad did not work. I searched the Dell drivers but they do not support WIndows 10 for this laptop.

I tried updating/disabling/reinstating the driver in orderly steps. Nothing worked until the final step. I thought this might be useful to others with the same problem.

Using Device Manager->Mice and other pointing devices->HID-compliant mice->Right click->Properties->Update Driver->Browse mycomputer for driver software->Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer

it showed me two candidate drivers. I picked the one with a higher version and that did not work. When I tried the lower version number it worked. Remember to reboot.

:)

JSofNorwich, Feb 29, 2020

2. Dell Latitude E6510 updated to Windows 10

My Dell Latitude E6510 laptop was updated to Windows 10 now says that activation will expire shortly. I have the original product key of Windows 7 stamped inside battery area.

Kindly advise whay i should do to re-activate my updated windows 10.

KaramatAli_336, Feb 29, 2020
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Brian Win User

Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10

Windows 10 touchpad Release Drag after Finger Lift on Dell Latitude E6510

Having the same problem as "Windows 10 touchpad Release Drag after Finger Lift" but on a dell E6510. I lift finger after scrolling, move the cursor w/in the window and it keeps scrolling. Followed the advice of the original posts answer in registry but found no reference to finger release. Any advice would be appreciated.

Brian, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10

1. Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10 - Similar Threads - Dell Latitude E6510

2. Dell latitude 3330 speakers not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell latitude 3330 speakers not working.: I've ran diagnostics and they were working fine. All windows and dell command updates are completed yet it still wont work. It's a brand new laptop just out the box so any help would be appreciated. :...
  3. Dell latitude 3330 speakers not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell latitude 3330 speakers not working.: I've ran diagnostics and they were working fine. All windows and dell command updates are completed yet it still wont work. It's a brand new laptop just out the box so any help would be appreciated. :...
  4. Dell Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Touchpad not working: I have an Dell Inspiron 15 3567, running windows 10I was having issues with my dell touchpad so I updated it in device manager.there was no change so I tried update from my computer and chose HID -Compliant mousethis actually removed the dell touchpad driver and rendered my...
  5. Microphone on Dell Latitude is not working

Microphone on Dell Latitude is not working: Today I tried to use Zoom for the first time. Unfortunately, the microphone on my computer does not appear to be working. I am not muted. I have used zoom many times on other computers. Zoom is unable to find the internal microphone on the computer. Not sure why. This never...
  6. Dell Latitude E6510 Intermittent no LCD

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell Latitude E6510 Intermittent no LCD: Hi All, I've had my Dell Latitude E6510 for about 8 years now and I really like it, it's reasonably fast and does what I need. For quite a few months now, maybe even a year I've had problems with the Built in LCD having no display, I initially got around this by closing the...
  7. Dell Latitude E7490 touchpad right click not working

Dell Latitude E7490 touchpad right click not working: hi guys, on my dell latitude E7490, from a few days the right button on the touchpad (not the pointstick one), is not responding or doing any action. i tried one of those websites and tools that highlight what button is firing up and something strange happening. when i...
  8. Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working

Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working: did the upgrade when i had to from windows 7, the mouse pointer does not work with the touchpad, the thing in the centre of the keyboard moves it and so does a USB mouse can someone help ?...
  9. windows 10 Dell laptop Latitude

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 Dell laptop Latitude: just got this today. Finally got it connected to the Internet and my home network except for printer and 2nd network. Set up name for laptop. Set password (BIG MISTAKE) It's one I use all the time or a variation of it. shut down the laptop. Restarted it and now...
  10. Dell Latitude laptop port not working

Dell Latitude laptop port not working: Whenever I plug in my USB mouse and keyboard they turn on for like 5 seconds and then turn off. Afterwards i then check Bluetooth and other devices in the Setting and it tells me i have a driver error(see below for picture) [img] It is becoming a more and more of a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. latitude e6510 touchpad not working

2. driver tochpad loptp dell latitude E6510

3. unlock touchpad latitude e6510

4. dell e6510 bios touchpad not working,
  5. dell latitude e6510 touchpad not working,
  6. touchepade win 10 dell e6510,
  7. latitude e6510 keyboard not working,
  8. where is my battery release button my dell latitude laptop,
  9. launchpad dell e6510 doesnt show,
  10. how can i fix my cursor on my dell latitude e6510 laptop,
  11. touchpad for dell E6510 ,