Windows 10: Dell Latitude E7490 touchpad right click not working

Discus and support Dell Latitude E7490 touchpad right click not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi guys, on my dell latitude E7490, from a few days the right button on the touchpad (not the pointstick one), is not responding or doing any action.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gabgab, Mar 20, 2020.

1. gabgab Win User

Dell Latitude E7490 touchpad right click not working

hi guys,

on my dell latitude E7490, from a few days the right button on the touchpad (not the pointstick one), is not responding or doing any action.

i tried one of those websites and tools that highlight what button is firing up and something strange happening.

when i click the left button on the touchpad, the center button fires up (however it left clicks fine)
    right button, nothing happening, it "clicks" fine however

tried

uninstall reinstall mouse drivers
    safe mode

external mouse of course works

any thoughts? hardware problem? touchpad gestures work, scrolling, 2 fingers for right-click... so i can do everything but still not ideal.

thanks,
    Gab

:)

gabgab, Mar 20, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Josie23 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Dell Latitude E7490 touchpad right click not working [​IMG]

Josie23, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Dell Latitude E7490 touchpad right click not working

Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10

A similar thread was locked so I could not add my experience to that. Hence a new thread.

My laptop applied a number of Windows updates and the touchpad did not work. I searched the Dell drivers but they do not support WIndows 10 for this laptop.

I tried updating/disabling/reinstating the driver in orderly steps. Nothing worked until the final step. I thought this might be useful to others with the same problem.

Using Device Manager->Mice and other pointing devices->HID-compliant mice->Right click->Properties->Update Driver->Browse mycomputer for driver software->Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer

it showed me two candidate drivers. I picked the one with a higher version and that did not work. When I tried the lower version number it worked. Remember to reboot.

JSofNorwich, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Dell Latitude E7490 touchpad right click not working

1. Dell Latitude E7490 touchpad right click not working - Similar Threads - Dell Latitude E7490

2. touchpad right click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad right click not working: right click on laptop touch will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-right-click-not-working/97996515-83c6-46ce-843d-2796f7ff2889
  3. touchpad right click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad right click not working: right click on laptop touch will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-right-click-not-working/97996515-83c6-46ce-843d-2796f7ff2889
  4. touchpad right click not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad right click not working correctly: after i was forced to update my laptop from 1809 to 21h1 i incountered some issues like a windows hello issue but that is in another topic this question is after i updated my touchpad started to act up my right click isnit working correctly i have to tap mulitple times for...
  5. touchpad right click not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad right click not working correctly: after i was forced to update my laptop from 1809 to 21h1 i incountered some issues like a windows hello issue but that is in another topic this question is after i updated my touchpad started to act up my right click isnit working correctly i have to tap mulitple times for...
  6. touchpad right click not working correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Touchpad Right-click not working.

Touchpad Right-click not working.: On my Dell Inspiron 15 5580 suddenly one day i switched my laptop On, for Refreshing I right clicked and it was'nt working anymore dont know if it changed settings on its own or what. Right-click works by clicking with two fingers as of now. for viewing properties, etc. in...
  8. Touchpad scrolling and right click not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad scrolling and right click not working: I have a MacBook Pro 2015 and in Windows 10 my right click and scroll don’t work at all but they work when I boot into Mac OS. My volume shortcuts (f11 and f12) also don’t work but I can control them manually. Any solutions? (I have already reset it and no change has...
  9. Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10

Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10: A similar thread was locked so I could not add my experience to that. Hence a new thread. My laptop applied a number of Windows updates and the touchpad did not work. I searched the Dell drivers but they do not support WIndows 10 for this laptop. I tried...
  10. Right click doesn't work on touchpad

Right click doesn't work on touchpad: I have a HP 15-ay083TU laptop with Windows 10.The right click button on my touchpad has suddenly stopped working.I checked the synaptics touchpad settings and the two finger scrolling feature is enabled. 73935

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell 7490 touchad buttons do not work

2. latitude 7490 classic touchpad settings