Windows 10: Dell monitor - bottom of screen flashing on and off distortion lines

Discus and support Dell monitor - bottom of screen flashing on and off distortion lines in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is the problem the driver for the monitor or the video card. I have a two monitors and only one has the problem. I switch the connections to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CC1957, Sep 18, 2018.

1. CC1957 Win User

Dell monitor - bottom of screen flashing on and off distortion lines

Is the problem the driver for the monitor or the video card. I have a two monitors and only one has the problem. I switch the connections to see if it is the video card but the same monitor continues to have the problem.

:)

CC1957, Sep 18, 2018
  2. AKLIMA2 Win User

Dell Monitor Touch Screen MOnitir & Windows 10

Since installing Windows 10, I cannot enable the touchscreen on my Dell S2240T monitor. The pen/touch option is not showing in hardware/sound nor can I find it under the HID list either. Any Suggestions?

AKLIMA2, Sep 18, 2018
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Dr_Dreder Win User

I have 2 monitors. One works the other flashes

Hi, I have 2 monitors, a Samsung sync master 206bw, and a Dell s2340m. My computer is a Dell XPS 8700 with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB DDR3 graphics card running Windows 10 home.

My Samsung is connected with a VGA cable and my Dell is connected with a DVI cable. When I boot up my desktop and turn on both of my monitors, the Samsung's screen is black and once every 5-10 seconds
    the screen flashes and shows my desktop image and the power light flashes, but my Dell monitor works just fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dre

Dr_Dreder, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell monitor - bottom of screen flashing on and off distortion lines - Similar Threads - Dell monitor bottom

2. Green lines on the bottom of the monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green lines on the bottom of the monitor: I was just using my pc as usually and those green lines began to appear for 30-40 seconds. Sometimes they are and sometimes they're not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-lines-on-the-bottom-of-the-monitor/32577c6f-3d9a-48bb-bb72-9bee3d35945b
  3. Green lines on the bottom of the monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green lines on the bottom of the monitor: I was just using my pc as usually and those green lines began to appear for 30-40 seconds. Sometimes they are and sometimes they're not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-lines-on-the-bottom-of-the-monitor/32577c6f-3d9a-48bb-bb72-9bee3d35945b
  4. Green lines on the bottom of the monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Flickering lines at the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flickering lines at the bottom of screen: Hi, I recently noticed that there is a line below my screen. Previously thought it was below the taskbar but when I moved the taskbar to the left or right, the line stays at the bottom. The line seems to replicate what is on the screen. For example, if the background of the...
  6. Flickering lines at the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flickering lines at the bottom of screen: Hi, I recently noticed that there is a line below my screen. Previously thought it was below the taskbar but when I moved the taskbar to the left or right, the line stays at the bottom. The line seems to replicate what is on the screen. For example, if the background of the...
  7. Lines occuring at the bottom of the screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lines occuring at the bottom of the screen.: So whenever I open my laptop at the start of the day, these weird lines occur everytime and I don't know how they even occured in the first place. It started like a week ago and it has been supposedly increasing in size every day, I notice everyday its consuming more and more...
  8. Lines occuring at the bottom of the screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lines occuring at the bottom of the screen.: So whenever I open my laptop at the start of the day, these weird lines occur everytime and I don't know how they even occured in the first place. It started like a week ago and it has been supposedly increasing in size every day, I notice everyday its consuming more and more...
  9. Lines at bottom of monitor on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lines at bottom of monitor on startup: So recently when I power on my pc when it gets to the lock screen there is a line at the very bottom not big just thin line of green grey white and blue, not sure what it is or if its something to worry about but rather fix it before it gets worse. The line goes away after...
  10. Line in distortion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line in distortion: After installing 20h2 tried to play an LP on turntable via Line In The sound is distorted and I do have it set to the right speed Did a recovery to go back to previous update and sound still distorted tried different recommendations but no luck Thanks Joe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell screen flashing on and off

2. dell monitor windows 10 bar flashing at bottom of screen

3. my computer screen is distorted only on bottom

4. PC monitor bottom display distortion,
  5. dell monitor flashing lines on bottom of screen,
  6. dell monitors flashing at bottom of svreen,
  7. windows 10 one line of pixels at bottom of screen is flashing,
  8. dell monitor is flashing ob bottom ,
  9. dell monitor distortion lines at bottom of screen