Windows 10: Dell Monitor U2713H (DP) image problem

Discus and support Dell Monitor U2713H (DP) image problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Attached are three files which show what I am seeing - some sort f overlay or distortion. This began a few days ago - and cleared up for about a day -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Nisko, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

Dell Monitor U2713H (DP) image problem

Attached are three files which show what I am seeing - some sort f overlay or distortion. This began a few days ago - and cleared up for about a day - then reverted to what you see. I've tried uninstalling the monitor, scan for changes and updated the driver (which didn't need updating). I've also tried a new HDMI cable. No luck! Any suggestions? Could a recent Windows update have caused this?

:)

Nisko, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Xzibit Win User

Dell U2713H vs Dell U2715H for gaming

I agree U2715H is better calibrated or right out of the box.
    Gaming wise the U2713H has better response at the cost of image quality but it has a lot more lag.

Check for yourself
    Dell U2713H
    Dell U2715H <- Get this one.

Xzibit, Feb 24, 2020
  3. (4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background when background is set to slideshow shuffle

Answering your 1st set of questions above:

1. I use Method 1, which you detailed.
    2. Yes.
    3. Well over 2000.
    4. Everything works just fine when 3 monitors are connected via HDMI, DVI-D, and DP. Once 2 monitors are connected via DP, the above problem presents itself.
    5. Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition.
    Creating a new user account does not solve the problem.

Judah_Richardson, Feb 24, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

5870 DP issue on wakeup w/Dell 2408

If you don't need to use DP, I suggest you do not. Kinda stupid that I have to recommend it that way...I dunno if it's teh Dell Monitors DP connector, the crappy cable, or teh videocard's hardware, but I've no love for DP, and I have 4 monitors with problems...or hsall I say...4 monitors that exhibit this behavir, through 4 different cards, 6 cables, and 3 OS'es.

Something is SCREWEDED UP!

I've tried every bios imaginable for my cards, too, so something is definately up.

cadaveca, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Dell Monitor U2713H (DP) image problem - Similar Threads - Dell Monitor U2713H

2. No Sound from DP on monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound from DP on monitor.: I have an ASUS ROG Swift XG27AQ Gaming Monitor and when I have it connected via HDMI port there is sounds from the built in speakers but when I switch to the DP I no longer get any sound from the monitor. I have the latest BIOS and drivers for my motherboard. TX Gaming B760M...
  3. No Sound from DP on monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Sound from DP on monitor.: I have an ASUS ROG Swift XG27AQ Gaming Monitor and when I have it connected via HDMI port there is sounds from the built in speakers but when I switch to the DP I no longer get any sound from the monitor. I have the latest BIOS and drivers for my motherboard. TX Gaming B760M...
  4. Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI: I have a monitor with no speakers. If I connect my headphones to my pc I get audio with both HDMI and DP cables. If I connect it to my monitor though, I only get audio with DP cable. I need it to be connected to the monitor because I use more than one device with audio, and...
  5. Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI: I have a monitor with no speakers. If I connect my headphones to my pc I get audio with both HDMI and DP cables. If I connect it to my monitor though, I only get audio with DP cable. I need it to be connected to the monitor because I use more than one device with audio, and...
  6. Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.: Hello!I couldn't find anything about this issue using search engines, so I thought I'd try here!I'm using Windows 11.I have two monitors of the same brand and basically the same model. I have a GTX 1660 Super.Monitor 1 is connected through DP.Monitor 2 is connected through...
  7. 5 Monitors - One Gpu with Daisy Chain DP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    5 Monitors - One Gpu with Daisy Chain DP: I've been trying to get 5 monitors working with one GPU but having a few issues. As most know, nvidia limits display output to 4 windows. I was hoping to get around that by daisy chaining two monitors with DP. After trying a few different set ups, I can't seem to get windows...
  8. Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP

Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 with 1 VGA and 1 HDMI outputs. I have 2 Dell E2216H monitors with 1 VGA and 1 DP outputs on each monitor. The first monitor hooked up via VGA works fine. I bought a cable with HDMI on 1 end and DP on the other. But the 2nd monitor will not...
  9. (4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background...

in Windows 10 Customization
    (4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background...: My setup: CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition, fully updated drivers OS: Windows 10 Pro v1803, fully patched Steps to reproduce: Connect the monitors as in the title Set wallpaper background to shuffle in Windows Settings What happens: 2 of...
  10. Dell 1708FP monitor problem

Dell 1708FP monitor problem: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and something strange is happening with my monitor. It is a Dell 1708FP connected to a standard display adapter. The upgrade process configured them as a basic display adapter and generic non-PNP monitor. Everything works great...