Windows 10: Dell monitor won't detect signal from my HP all in one

Discus and support Dell monitor won't detect signal from my HP all in one in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a VGA and HDMI that came with Dell and when I plug them into the HP, nothing is detected. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Melissa Portillo, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Dell monitor won't detect signal from my HP all in one

I have a VGA and HDMI that came with Dell and when I plug them into the HP, nothing is detected. Please help.

:)

Melissa Portillo, Jun 11, 2024

2. Laptop not projecting signal / detecting additional monitors

My laptop previously connected no problem to an external monitor via HDMI. Now, the monitor displays "no signal from HDMI" when connected, and my laptop does not "detect" an external monitor. I have tried the following troubleshooting steps:

Reboot

replaced HDMI

Used different cables/ HDMI to USB -C adapter

Tried separate monitors

Uninstalled graphics drivers and hidden generic monitors

Cleared cache/temp files

system restore

Still, it does not pick up an external monitor. What can I do to fix this? The port itself has no damage, but it somehow does not seem to recognize that a monitor gets plugged in and therefore does not send a signal via HDMI or USB-C.

Sarah Worden, Jun 11, 2024
  3. lvgandhi Win User
    no sound after connection dell monitor through hdmi

Thanks for the response. I have done it already as you suggested and now all OK.

lvgandhi, Jun 11, 2024
  4. Dell monitor won't detect signal from my HP all in one

Dell Monitor Camera

I have a Dell Monitor hooked to a Dell XPS Laptop. I want to use the monitor camera not the laptop camera. I've tried the suggestions from a closed thread about activating the camera but when I try the steps it keeps going to the laptop camera.

Suggestions or am I asking the impossible.

SandyM-798, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

Dell monitor won't detect signal from my HP all in one

1. Dell monitor won't detect signal from my HP all in one - Similar Threads - Dell monitor won't

2. After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.: After the power outage i turned my pc on and only my main monitor is working. I tried pretty much everything and nothing works. The second monitor is quite older and my pc is a bit newer so i had to use VGA to DisplayPort converter and it was working fine for over a year. The...
  3. Dell monitor won't detect signal from my HP all in one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell monitor won't detect signal from my HP all in one: I have a VGA and HDMI that came with Dell and when I plug them into the HP, nothing is detected. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-monitor-wont-detect-signal-from-my-hp-all-in/f3678134-49f1-428b-95fa-4cea8d7ea7d7
  4. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  5. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  6. External monitor detected but no signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor detected but no signal: HelloI am using windows 10. I want to use two monitors. So I am using HDMI and DVI. Unfortunately, Windows 10 detecting both monitors. But DVI connected monitor not received any Signal No signal message.I checked the cable and drivers. All are fine. Any solution for this...
  7. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hello, I have an HP laptop, with an HP docking and 2 HP external monitors. Everything works perfectly, except that sometimes often when going out of sleep mode one of the screens does not work, it remains without signal. When the problem occurs, simply unplug and replug...
  8. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 9350 running Windows 10 and a Xiaomi L55M5-5ASP 4K. The laptop only has a USB-c for connecting an external display, and the TV only has HDMI, so I plugged in a cheap USB-c to HDMI cable I bought a while ago, and it works, except the refresh...
  9. Monitor says "No signal detected"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor says "No signal detected": So I pressed the windows icon on my keyboard with the "P" button and it showed some display thing. I accidentally pressed something along the lines of " show PC screen only". Now, the monitor goes off and when I switch it on, it says "No signal detected". How do I fix this?...
  10. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 laptop. I connected an external monitor via USB-C->HDMI adapter but can't duplicate or extend to it. When I switch to duplicate, extend, or second display, the setting goes back to PC screen only. The monitor, adapter and HDMI cable works because I...