Windows 10: Dell motherboard changed, lost windows Key

Discus and support Dell motherboard changed, lost windows Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I changed the motherboard of my Dell XPS system. Now I no longer have my windows key. I need a new key to keep my old machine going.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AnilSinghvi, May 29, 2019.

1. Dell motherboard changed, lost windows Key

I changed the motherboard of my Dell XPS system. Now I no longer have my windows key. I need a new key to keep my old machine going.

:)

AnilSinghvi, May 29, 2019
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, May 29, 2019
  3. After changing the mother board not posible to activate the new product key Dell provites me with

After Dell Change the motherboard in my laptop they provided me with a new windows product Key i try and I follow the instructions several times with no success.

I'm Getting Error Cod (0x80070057)

Cortana also not help and not possible to contact a person.

1. Any help on this subject
    2. Thanks

Atlantis9898, May 29, 2019
  4. technicks Win User

Dell motherboard changed, lost windows Key

Lost xp key.

i lost my XP key. And i need it.
    Is there a way to find the XP key i am using now in Windows?

Thanks.

technicks, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Dell motherboard changed, lost windows Key

1. Dell motherboard changed, lost windows Key - Similar Threads - Dell motherboard changed

2. Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.: I build a pc by my self and buy a oem key on the new motherboard, but that motherboard have problem. I send it to the Asus suppord to fix it, but they change my motherboard to different one and I ask them how to fix this problem. They sak me did I ask the micrsoft suppord...
  3. Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.: I build a pc by my self and buy a oem key on the new motherboard, but that motherboard have problem. I send it to the Asus suppord to fix it, but they change my motherboard to different one and I ask them how to fix this problem. They sak me did I ask the micrsoft suppord...
  4. Use oem key on new motherboard, but change motherboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Pro licence lost after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Pro licence lost after motherboard change: The motherboard in my Windows Pro Dell XPS laptop died and after changing, I ended up with a latop running Windows Home. No one at Dell responded to my queries and when I spoke to my laptop repair consultant, he said that he could upgrade my Windows version from Home to Pro...
  6. Windows Pro licence lost after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro licence lost after motherboard change: The motherboard in my Windows Pro Dell XPS laptop died and after changing, I ended up with a latop running Windows Home. No one at Dell responded to my queries and when I spoke to my laptop repair consultant, he said that he could upgrade my Windows version from Home to Pro...
  7. Windows Pro licence lost after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Lost Windows 10 Key. Motherboard changed.

Lost Windows 10 Key. Motherboard changed.: I changed out my mother board in my PC during the summer. I lost my Key in the process of doing so. I've slowly been working on how to get it back and I've resulted in coming here as my last resort. I really don't want to pay the money for a key when I literally already...
  9. Lost product key and new motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost product key and new motherboard: My last motherboard died on me and I got a new motherboard I plan to install with my old SSD on it with windows. I intend to install a fresh copy but don't have my product key. How would I go about obtaining that key before I attempt to install anything? Thanks for any help....
  10. Changing Motherboard - Windows Key

Changing Motherboard - Windows Key: So I have an old Lenovo H430 that came with windows 8 and I upgraded to windows 10. Over time, I upgraded everything on the computer, lastly with a new motherboard/ram/case. Now there is basically nothing left of the Lenovo. Is there any way to move the windows key over...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows license motherboard changed

2. after having to get my motherboard replaced on my dell laptop it will not let me activate windows 10 will it be back on after i change to an earlier build

3. product key on motherboard dell