Windows 10: Dell No POST Info on Boot

Discus and support Dell No POST Info on Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a dell Precision 7910 Tower with Win 10. When booting, I have no POST info displayed. Just the DELL in a big circle before going into windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinconmike, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Dell No POST Info on Boot

I have a dell Precision 7910 Tower with Win 10. When booting, I have no POST info displayed. Just the DELL in a big circle before going into windows. The same is on two Dell XPS8700.

Anyone know of this is normal for Dell Systems with Win 10?

thanks,

:)

rinconmike, Feb 19, 2017
  2. mac1-131 Win User

Windows 10 destroyed my computer. No boot, loud beeping.

if that is really a POST error with 3 beeps, that's not good. on a Dell that appears to be a system board failure. you can google "POST 3 beeps" for lots of info on it.

this would occur the moment you turn your PC on, before it tries to boot if it were a POST error.

see if you can press F2 or F12 right as it is starting and access your BIOS menu

if it can't even do that then it is really hosed...

mac1-131, Feb 19, 2017
  3. PC will not boot

Dell Inspiron with error code 0xc000021a will not boot. Says gathering info and complete but does not continue. I was not smart and do not have an emergency restoration disk. Does the emergency disk need to be completed from my machine or an someone else
    react the emergency restoration disk for me?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

StanleyWeaver, Feb 19, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Dell No POST Info on Boot

Does the computer boot? If not, there is a hardware issue.
    Restart the computer and press F12 at bootup, do the Dell Diagnostics.
    If you cannot get that far, then remove all external and internal drives (Ie) USB, HDD, CD drive etc and try booting and pressing F2 to enter Setup (Bios) If that works, add one drive at a time until the computer doesn't post, then you will know the bad drive.
    If after removing the drives, the computer still won't post or boot, then try removing all but one stick of RAM. Rotate them around. If that fails, then there is a motherboard problem with the computer.

spunk, Feb 19, 2017
  5. no issues with the computer. Just curious why there is no post info displayed before getting into windows.

thanks,

Mike

rinconmike, Feb 19, 2017
  6. Kyhi Win User
    the setting (if there) is in the BIOS (show OEM Logo)
    But Yes, all my Newer Dell's Boot to a logo

7. SoFine409 Win User
    All my Dells do the same thing. My oldest is about 5 years.

SoFine409, Feb 19, 2017
  8. spunk Win User

if you turn off Show Logo in Bios, and Fast Boot, it shows the POST info but takes longer to boot.

spunk, Feb 19, 2017
  9. thanks. Those options are not in the 7910 bios. Dell removed Fastboot in an earlier bios. I need to check the XPS8700.

rinconmike, Feb 19, 2017
  10. PJLLB Win User
    What happens when you do a restart (instead of a shutdown)?

PJLLB, Feb 19, 2017
  11. Same thing for shutdown and restart.

Note the reason why I was looking for POST info was to see if it comes up with a message to press CTRL-C or CTRL-R to access the integrated LSI 3008 SAS card on the 7910. It does not. However, to access it, hitting F12 to the boot menu has Device Configuration. I just wondering if there were any other message I would see if the POST info showed and curious why POST does not show. I assume it is a win 10 with UEFI and secure boot thing.

rinconmike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell No POST Info on Boot - Similar Threads - Dell POST Info

2. Strange websites tracking info post malware infection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange websites tracking info post malware infection: I recently accidentally downloaded a trojan, and I've gone to great lengths to get my PC clean. I've mainly used Windows Defender I've done offline scans too and a multitude of various antiviruses not all at once such as malwarebytes, norton power eraser, avast and even tron...
  3. Strange websites tracking info post malware infection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange websites tracking info post malware infection: I recently accidentally downloaded a trojan, and I've gone to great lengths to get my PC clean. I've mainly used Windows Defender I've done offline scans too and a multitude of various antiviruses not all at once such as malwarebytes, norton power eraser, avast and even tron...
  4. Strange websites tracking info post malware infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how to delete a post mistakenly with personal info on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete a post mistakenly with personal info on it: Hi I put a picture on a post that exposes and email address of friend, since i am not getting any more replies for my post I want to delete it, how can i delete a thread on here? Thanks...
  6. No posting at start/booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No posting at start/booting: I had just reset Windows 10, as I am going to sell this pc. I waited for Windows to go through all the reset/reinstall process, but I stopped where it asks you to use your MS account. I figured that if the OS was already installed, and Windows was going to be used by someone...
  7. Dell AIO not posting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell AIO not posting: Hello, I am having problems with a certain PC. It is a Dell OptiPlex 7450 AIO non-touchscreen with a no-post problem. When it is powered on, the power light next to the power button will turn on and the DVD-RW drive will open, but the monitor will show no signal and the hard...
  8. Posting info to help diagnose recent unwanted restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Posting info to help diagnose recent unwanted restarts: I have not had a BSOD but am posting here as requested by zbook in this thread Inexplicable restarts - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums Happily, there has been no further impromptu occurrence since those described in detail. So I'm hoping that this will remain one of those...
  9. bios post screen shows incoherent component info

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bios post screen shows incoherent component info: i boot up the computer and the bios post screen shows normal except for 4 keyboards 2 mice 2 hubs. when i only have 1 keyboard and 1 mice connected. what is this all about? idk what hubs is. maybe the dvd rom drive? 40238
  10. Delete Boot Info

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete Boot Info: I have upgradede my PC installed win10 onto a new HDD i just connected up the 2 spare HDD's in me case, but 1 must have had a copy of win 10 in it. after booting up for the first time, it asked me for a password, which it said was wrong i was able to click into my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell inspiron n7710 windows 10 1903 no post