Windows 10: Dell Office 365 App update

Discus and support Dell Office 365 App update in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I think I might have made a mistake when I set up my new Dell Inspiron AIO. I found that it included an Office 365 app, I set it up rather than dl'ïng... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by JJG10, Feb 24, 2019.

1. JJG10 Win User

Dell Office 365 App update

I think I might have made a mistake when I set up my new Dell Inspiron AIO. I found that it included an Office 365 app, I set it up rather than dl'ïng it from MS. Now I wonder if it will be updated via Windows Update. like what happens on my other 3 364 computers? So far, no Office updates.

The machine came with W10 17something or other and update would take it no father than 1803. Can' help but wonder why it won't go to 1809 but that is a problem I will deal with later. My only problem today is getting updates to Office.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Feb 24, 2019

2. Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Diankah Win User

Office 365 or Office 2016

I am having a similar problem. I have never to my knowledge indicated that I want Office 365 or an Office 365 "free trial"; I have Office 2016 installed on my laptop. The application list on the start menu does not include Office 365. However, Settings/Apps does indicate that it's installed. Today my system was co-opted by Office 365 Click-to-Run grabbing both disk and CPU; this has not happened before.

I bought this laptop two years ago, bought Office 2016 and installed it via Microsoft download as no installation media were provided. I uninstalled the annoying "Get Office" application at that time and have been a happy Word user until earlier today.

I don't know if this is relevant, but this behavior started right after Windows Update installed the August 14 cumulative update (KB4343909). No updates to either Office version appeared in update history.

My questions about how to deal with this situation are:
    --Would the Uninstall option in Apps get rid of Office 365 entirely and leave Office 2016 in place and working?
    --Is there an effective way to disable or stop Click to Run and keep it stopped?
    --Should I change the update setting in Office to Do Not Update? I did try to look at the Office update history, but all I got was an Office 365 sign-in screen--useless because I don't have an Office 365 account.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

Diankah, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell Office 365 App update - Similar Threads - Dell Office 365

2. Problems with Dell Laptop connecting to Office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Dell Laptop connecting to Office 365: I had this problem a few weeks back where Outlook, Teams or OneDrive would not connect to M365. User could access the internet via Browser but none of the apps would connect to 365. I saw a post where Dell Optimizer would cause this issue and to uninstall it. I did just that...
  3. Problems with Dell Laptop connecting to Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Dell Laptop connecting to Office 365: I had this problem a few weeks back where Outlook, Teams or OneDrive would not connect to M365. User could access the internet via Browser but none of the apps would connect to 365. I saw a post where Dell Optimizer would cause this issue and to uninstall it. I did just that...
  4. Office 365 Apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 Apps not working: My Office 365 downloaded apps require "Repair" however when I click repair NOW nothing happens. The Apps Word Excel & Access shut down after being opened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365-apps-not-working/bc7509b6-e315-4742-b997-508e8e2ef803
  5. New updates to Office.com and the Office 365 app launcher

in Windows 10 News
    New updates to Office.com and the Office 365 app launcher: Office.com is the URL for an experience that we’ve been building for a couple of years. We designed it to be your work hub experience and help you quickly get to the apps, tools, documents, and content you use on a daily basis. We’ve also brought intelligence into the...
  6. Windows 10 & Office 365 Updated but login issues with 365 apps

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 & Office 365 Updated but login issues with 365 apps: I now find every time i open any office application i get a popup asking for my MS username & password.But even when i enter it it pops back up all the time???See here for popup I have also gone down the route of deleting the Office16 credentials in the user area but it has...
  7. Windows 10 & Office 365 Updated but login issues with 365 apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 & Office 365 Updated but login issues with 365 apps: I now find every time i open any office application i get a popup asking for my MS username & password.But even when i enter it it pops back up all the time???See here for popup 144364
  8. Dell Office 365 App update

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Office 365 App update: I think I might have made a mistake when I set up my new Dell Inspiron AIO. I found that it included an Office 365 app, I set it up rather than dl'ïng it from MS. Now I wonder if it will be updated via Windows Update. like what happens on my other 3 364 computers? So far, no...
  9. Office 365 ProPlus updates

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 ProPlus updates: Office 365 ProPlus delivers cloud-connected and always up-to-date versions of our most valuable enterprise apps. Today, we’re making three important announcements related to ProPlus: changes to the Office 365 system requirements; improvements to the ProPlus update model,...
  10. February Office 365 updates

in Windows 10 News
    February Office 365 updates: February has been another busy month for releases across our Office clients on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. There are a number of exciting new capabilities in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. In addition, we released the first cumulative feature update since the initial...