Windows 10: Dell OptiPlex 7040 No HDMI display using Intel Drivers in O/S but works in BIOS

Discus and support Dell OptiPlex 7040 No HDMI display using Intel Drivers in O/S but works in BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell OptiPlex 7040 running Windows 10. Display always been connected via HDMI or DisplayPort without any issues. All of a sudden I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by N_Burke, Apr 10, 2021.

1. N_Burke Win User

Dell OptiPlex 7040 No HDMI display using Intel Drivers in O/S but works in BIOS

I have a Dell OptiPlex 7040 running Windows 10.

Display always been connected via HDMI or DisplayPort without any issues.

All of a sudden I've started to get no HDMI output when using the Intel Display Drivers 530, I can load into the BIOS and Boot Menu but as soon as Windows starts to load the signal is lost

If I rollback to the Microsoft Basic Adapter driver the HDMI port outputs fine, soon as I update, back to square 1.

I have updated the Chipset, BIOS and all other drivers to see if this has any effect and also changed the Video Option from "Auto" to "Intel HD" in the BIOS but this also made no difference to the behaviour, what else can the issue be?!

If I remote onto the machine after installing the Intel Graphics Driver, I see no issues, warnings or errors to advise why no output via HDMI or DisplayPort after the OS has loaded

Another weird thing is I've plugged this machine into my TV via HDMI and it works without issue with the Intel Graphics Driver...

The monitor also works without issue with various other machines, including another 7040

I have wiped and freshly deployed this machine also, again, with the exact same results

Can anyone help me please!!! :

:)

N_Burke, Apr 10, 2021
  2. garybear89, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Dell Optiplex 745 display adapter for Windows 10 doesnt work

I upgraded my Dell OptiPlex 745 from Windows 7 and Windows 10. And now the display driver won't work.

The intel and Dell drivers for this PC don't install on Windows 10. Update Driver option installs the 'Microsoft basic display driver'.

How do I move forward?

GaganGulatiMSFT, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Dell OptiPlex 7040 No HDMI display using Intel Drivers in O/S but works in BIOS

Dell Optiplex 7040 Windows 8.1 mic undetectable

Hi Microsoft,

We have a question associated with the mic recognition problem facing windows 8.1 PCs, As pandemic started we are using the MS team for meetings in our Organization but only users who have desktop machines are not able to use handsfree to attend meetings.
    Please share the solution so we can accommodate users accordingly. Even we updated sound drivers and Checkout for any mic option is diable in the settings but not any solution found, THese systems mic working fine if we upgrade any system to Windows 10 but
    not in windows 8.1. Kindly provide us a proper solution.

Note: Dell Optiplex 3020, 9020 & 7040 we have with Windows 8.1 PCs.

SAPT ( IT Representative ), Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Dell OptiPlex 7040 No HDMI display using Intel Drivers in O/S but works in BIOS

1. Dell OptiPlex 7040 No HDMI display using Intel Drivers in O/S but works in BIOS - Similar Threads - Dell OptiPlex 7040

2. Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040: I have a Dell Optiplex 7040 with TPM 1.2 enabled and see that I can upgrade it to TPM 2.0 but it still has an Intell Core i7-6700 CPU that prevents me from upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Can the CPU be added to the list of compatible processors and I be notified...
  3. Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040: I have a Dell Optiplex 7040 with TPM 1.2 enabled and see that I can upgrade it to TPM 2.0 but it still has an Intell Core i7-6700 CPU that prevents me from upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Can the CPU be added to the list of compatible processors and I be notified...
  4. dell optiplex

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dell optiplex: Do VPN really do anything on my desktop is it good to have? Thank you TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex/d706ef1d-ed97-4c0b-826e-8f133fb7aa95
  5. Dell optiplex

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell optiplex: how do i change system specs 148906
  6. Dell optiplex

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell optiplex: [img] why do i have 2 desk tops is download desk top different than save as desktop? 148842
  7. dell optiplex

dell optiplex: [ATTACH]where did this come from what is it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex/49d60165-f1fc-499a-a8f7-aa582de8d49b
  8. Dell optiplex

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell optiplex: Hi Is there anything else i can do to speed up my dell Optiplex Did all deleting of history etc still act very slow delay in typing also anything else i can try without resetting? Thank you TIMMY 1904 146929
  9. dell optiplex

dell optiplex: the computer works great what does this mean [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex/85405d3d-2d31-45e8-b0eb-08127676e254
  10. Dell Optiplex 780 drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Optiplex 780 drivers: Version 1903 (OS Build 18362. 476) In view of the problem I am having with rear audio input (in another thread) I searched for Dell drivers, but discovered that they are available only for older operating systems. Is there any way round this, apart from a reset? 145367

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell optiplex 7040 display adapter settings