Windows 10: Dell optiplex 990 Windows 10 bluescreens

Discus and support Dell optiplex 990 Windows 10 bluescreens in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HelloOne of my PC keeps bluescreening randomly.On the link below you can find system info and three most recent minidump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ka-Ra, May 5, 2021.

1. Ka-Ra Win User

Dell optiplex 990 Windows 10 bluescreens

HelloOne of my PC keeps bluescreening randomly.On the link below you can find system info and three most recent minidump files.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtXK1Jm5cfr7gir4N1aaBxUxkytI?e=U3lnfG If someone could help narrow down the possible cause, i would really appreciate any info.Best regardKa

:)

Ka-Ra, May 5, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Dell Optiplex 990 with Windows 10 - not detecting PCI new GPU

I just looked at the BIOS updates for this model. BIOS Update A03 includes "Enhanced Multi-Display for a special graphics card".
    I don't know if that means this BIOS update adds support for a separate video card. Something to consider and maybe ask on the Dell Forum

Dell Optiplex 990 System BIOS Driver Details | Dell US

fireberd, May 5, 2021
  3. HELP Microsoft Windows 10 64 Bit Version 1709 BIOS, Drivers for OptiPlex 990

Microsoft Windows 10 64 Bit Version 1709 BIOS, Drivers for OptiPlex 990

I'm in need of BIOS and Drivers for OptiPlex 990 Microsoft just updated version 1709 and created all sorts of problems and the only drivers I can find apparently are the wrong drivers for this computer.
    The drivers I found are A03 & A24 and
    I found them on a Dell list From esupport Dell Technical Upgrades
    which is emailed to me and looks like it came from Dell, but Dell Support denies any emails being sent with BIOS, downloads, upgrades, manuals etc. all with my Service Tag Number.
    The information I was given from Dell said it was urgent to install BIOS A03 & A24 Which I did Now when I start the computer I get a DOS screen or have to go in by pushing F12 and working my way in. I spoke to
    Windows about this problem three times now And finally got the answer I wasn't looking for there are no new BIOS for the OptiPlex 990 and I should either replace the motherboard and processor or downgrade to Windows 7 or 8 one way it's expensive and a hassle
    than the other way is a hassle so I'm looking for help! This is the second instance I've had to call Microsoft regarding the problem of this nature last time was because of version 1803 and they rolled back the computer, but they're telling me they can't do
    that this time. Personally I think it should be Microsoft's obligation to create the fixes for its upgrades!

The OptiPlex 990 is about six years old and still works fine with the exception of the Windows 10 problem in the problems created by Windows 10 version 1709.I found a posted or form on Google stating that Dell had discontinued
    upgrades for the OptiPlex 990, motherboard and processor, but I'm still hopeful there's something out there to help me with this problem.

Thank You,

George

GeorgeHemrock, May 5, 2021
  4. Word100 Win User

Dell Optiplex 990 with Windows 10 - not detecting PCI new GPU

Hello,

Searched many sites, tried many suggestions. Issue is GPU on PCI slot not detected for Dell OptiPlex 990 using Win10 Pro. The GPU is EVGA GTX960. Installed PSU as well at 550 Watts. The BIOS does not let you to disable the integrated video card. I have done the following.. updated BIOS, reinserted GPU, uninstalled driver and disabled and disconnected cable to integrated video, and tried to use CMD bcdedit/set pciexpress forcedisable.

When booting up new GPU van turns on but then turns off.

Best Regards,

Word.*Nerd

Word100, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Dell optiplex 990 Windows 10 bluescreens - Similar Threads - Dell optiplex 990

2. Dell optiplex

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell optiplex: when ii right-click on the video in goggle voice to save as a download it's not there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex/beb27faf-5840-44e3-a959-b065200a9845
  3. Dell Optiplex 990 \ Windows 10 Powering down on its own

Dell Optiplex 990 \ Windows 10 Powering down on its own: My desk frequently displays a blue screen indicating "shutting down". It powers down completely and in some instances after a few minutes will power back up on its own. Most of the time I have to push the power button to get going again. In Event Viewer under critical it...
  4. dell optiplex

dell optiplex: Do VPN really do anything on my desktop is it good to have? Thank you TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex/d706ef1d-ed97-4c0b-826e-8f133fb7aa95
  5. Dell optiplex

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell optiplex: how do i change system specs 148906
  6. Dell optiplex

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell optiplex: [img] why do i have 2 desk tops is download desk top different than save as desktop? 148842
  7. dell optiplex

dell optiplex: [ATTACH]where did this come from what is it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex/49d60165-f1fc-499a-a8f7-aa582de8d49b
  8. Dell optiplex

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell optiplex: Hi Is there anything else i can do to speed up my dell Optiplex Did all deleting of history etc still act very slow delay in typing also anything else i can try without resetting? Thank you TIMMY 1904 146929
  9. dell optiplex

dell optiplex: the computer works great what does this mean [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex/85405d3d-2d31-45e8-b0eb-08127676e254
  10. Dell Optiplex 990 with Windows 10 - not detecting PCI new GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Optiplex 990 with Windows 10 - not detecting PCI new GPU: Hello, Searched many sites, tried many suggestions. Issue is GPU on PCI slot not detected for Dell OptiPlex 990 using Win10 Pro. The GPU is EVGA GTX960. Installed PSU as well at 550 Watts. The BIOS does not let you to disable the integrated video card. I have done the...