Windows 10: Dell or Microsoft

Discus and support Dell or Microsoft in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is better... Dell venue 11 pro 7130 4gb ram i5 1.7ghz Or Microsoft surface pro 2 8gb ram i5 1.6ghz 6325 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamos316, May 24, 2015.

1. jamos316 Win User

Dell or Microsoft

What is better...
    Dell venue 11 pro 7130 4gb ram i5 1.7ghz
    Or
    Microsoft surface pro 2 8gb ram i5 1.6ghz

:)

jamos316, May 24, 2015

2. Should I believe Dell or Microsoft?

Trust me, Do not upgrade to Windows 10. You will come to regret it! Stick with Windows 7. If you really want Windows 10 at a later date,wait at least a year until all of the bugs have been fixed, and buy a pc with windows 10 factory installed.

rescuemedium, May 24, 2015
  3. Jef777 Win User
    Should I believe Dell or Microsoft?

I have a Dell Inspiron 620 computer running windows 7 SP1. I just received the notification to upgrade through the GWX app. (Oct. 11) My computer has no major incompatibility issues noted by the GWX App. However, Dell states my computer has
    not been tested for compatibility with Windows 10 and advises not to upgrade. What should I do? Jeff

Jef777, May 24, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Dell or Microsoft

Hard to say, we don't know your requirements.

For starters, the Dell doesn't have a stylus. And the stylus is not just one of those goofy capacitive touch simulator pens.. it's a Wacom RF stylus. Although, it appears you can buy one as an add-on for $40.

The surface has 8GB, which is double the memory.. that may or may not be important to you... Also you don't mention the size of the disk...

Mystere, May 24, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    I had a surface before but I returned it and grabbed an ASUS one. The surface is twice as heavy. Since I do mostly web browsing and email stuffs on tablets, the ASUS T100 is good enough for me. I do complicated tasks on desktop PCs.*Smile

badrobot, May 25, 2015
  6. kebero Win User
    The Dell is more flexible, in my opinion. In addition to a Surface-style keyboard cover, there is a notebook keyboard dock which includes an internal battery that doubles the battery life of the device. There's also the desktop dock, which the Surface also has, and the Dell tablets do have a functional stylus, although it's based on Synaptics technology.

kebero, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dell or Microsoft

1. Dell or Microsoft - Similar Threads - Dell Microsoft

2. Dell Inspiron stuck at "Checking the connection to Microsoft" This might take a while"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron stuck at "Checking the connection to Microsoft" This might take a while": I have just done a system reset to clean up the computer that was running slow. Since the reset it is trying to go through set up and connects to the network and then gets stuck on "Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while." and then goes back to select...
  3. Removing Bitlocker from my windows 10 machine, cleaning up my microsoft account for my Dell...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing Bitlocker from my windows 10 machine, cleaning up my microsoft account for my Dell...: So my pcs was BSODing on me so I reformatted and reinstalled windows via the Dell support tool. Somewhere along the line it decided I needed to encrypt my machine not sure how I didnt notice it but it did. After upgrading it realized I needed a new harddrive. So ordered a...
  4. Microsoft update KB4556799 crashed my dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft update KB4556799 crashed my dell laptop: I am unable to get past the BitLocker Recovery. The Dell Assist isn't working. I am unable to even get past the error page. There is no way to get to any recovery. I don't have the BitLocker Recovery code. This is really ****!!! This is the 3rd time you all did an automatic...
  5. Camera not working on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Build 1903/1909 - Dell Lattitude 3490/3470

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera not working on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Build 1903/1909 - Dell Lattitude 3490/3470: Hi All, I have been facing an issue where the camera doesn't work for the above-mentioned laptops. The error code is as following " We can't find your camera" " Check to be sure it's installed or connected properly, that it's being blocked by antivirus software, and...
  6. Why i cant sign in my microsoft account on my 2nd hand dell laptop d620 .and were can i...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why i cant sign in my microsoft account on my 2nd hand dell laptop d620 .and were can i...: Cant sign in or log in my microsoft account on my dell laptop d620.pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-sign-in-my-microsoft-account-on-my-2nd/07b42a85-7592-4b77-9925-ed597ff1b961
  7. Best "writing" device to use with Dell Latitude 7390 2-in-1 for Microsoft Whiteboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best "writing" device to use with Dell Latitude 7390 2-in-1 for Microsoft Whiteboard?: I've just started using the Whiteboard app and it's awesome. My 7390 pen on the other hand broke in no time and I no longer have. Now that I'm using Whiteboard to virtually collaborate... a mouse just doesn't cut it. What device would you recommend going forward? Another pen...
  8. I cannot log in microsoft account on my Windows 10 laptop dell 7559. Help me, please !!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot log in microsoft account on my Windows 10 laptop dell 7559. Help me, please !!!: I could not find it "Current Windows passward" [ATTACH] * Moved from IE11/Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-log-in-microsoft-account-on-my-windows-10/d17f8d10-a5f0-4e9f-8e91-55b8bb307c01
  9. Dell lap top Win10 now HDMI wont display on TV. Did Microsoft purposly make drivers not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell lap top Win10 now HDMI wont display on TV. Did Microsoft purposly make drivers not...: Changed to SSD recently Dell E6430. The 2 things I want a lap top to do is play a dvd and have a working hdmi outlet to the tv. Apparently that is too much to ask these days....
  10. This is microsoft failure. Why i am unable to repair my windows on my Dell laptop. I tried...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This is microsoft failure. Why i am unable to repair my windows on my Dell laptop. I tried...: This is Microsoft failure. Why I am unable to repair my windows on my Dell laptop. I tried command prompt, startup repair but still unable to go to my computer home screen. I think may be someone hacked windows 10 all over the world. Microsoft should directly resolve this...