Windows 10: Dell PC Activation question

Discus and support Dell PC Activation question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell PC that I have done a lot of clean installations on for one reason or another...mostly because its something I choose to do quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Dell PC Activation question

Hi, I have a Dell PC that I have done a lot of clean installations on for one reason or another...mostly because its something I choose to do quite regularly. Being an OEM PC I wasn't given a Product Activation key when I purchased the PC from Dell. It has always been automatically read from the motherboard. However on the last two occasions when I have performed a clean installation an Activation code has been asked for. Because its a PC that came with Windows 10 pre installed and has been activated lots of times before Ive just selected the box that says I don't have a Product Key and when the installation has finished the activation has been done automatically on both occasions so its not a problem anyway.
    Im just curious why things might have changed and Ive now started to get the Enter a Product Activation code screen?
    Does Microsoft place a limit on the number of times that Activation is done automatically without seeing the Activation screen during a clean installation even on OEM PC's where the product key is embedded on the motherboard?

:)

sportsfan148, Jun 15, 2020

2. Dell Monitor Camera

I have a Dell Monitor hooked to a Dell XPS Laptop. I want to use the monitor camera not the laptop camera. I've tried the suggestions from a closed thread about activating the camera but when I try the steps it keeps going to the laptop camera.

Suggestions or am I asking the impossible.

SandyM-798, Jun 15, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Superfly Win User

Dell PC Activation question

My PC suddenly says its not activated

I wish I could hands-on your PC .... it's a bit difficult explaining stuff...

Superfly, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Dell PC Activation question

1. Dell PC Activation question - Similar Threads - Dell Activation question

2. Activation questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation questions: I am facing some issues with my laptop so I want to reset it. First time when my laptop came I signed in with my mother's account and then changed it to mine Microsoft Account.So after resetting Windows I had to use my mother's account or my account for activating?Or will it...
  3. Activation questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation questions: I am facing some issues with my laptop so I want to reset it. First time when my laptop came I signed in with my mother's account and then changed it to mine Microsoft Account.So after resetting Windows I had to use my mother's account or my account for activating?Or will it...
  4. Activation question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation question: Hello,I am currently running windows 10 home which was a freeupgrade from windows 7.I am planning on replacing the motherboard, cpu, and memory in my computer.I'm assuming I would have to buy windows 10 from microsoft to activate.Once this is done and I plan on upgrading the...
  5. Activation question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation question: Hello,I am currently running windows 10 home which was a freeupgrade from windows 7.I am planning on replacing the motherboard, cpu, and memory in my computer.I'm assuming I would have to buy windows 10 from microsoft to activate.Once this is done and I plan on upgrading the...
  6. Activation question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Dell PC Activation question

Dell PC Activation question: Hi, I have a Dell PC that I have done a lot of clean installations on for one reason or another...mostly because its something I choose to do quite regularly. Being an OEM PC I wasn't given a Product Activation key when I purchased the PC from Dell. It has always been...
  8. Activation Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activation Question: I have two devices running Windows 10 and I'd like to activate them both. One is running Home and the other is running Pro. The price of purchasing those two versions is different. Should I buy the cheapest version of Windows that I can since I only want the activation key...
  9. Activation question

Activation question: Hello. I just recieved a call from a computer company that has helped me in the past with bugs. They said that my computer isnt activated. Ive had it for four years now and it lists both product id and key #. It also says windows 10 edition but underneath it that is labled...
  10. Activation question

Activation question: I am a long time Win7 hold out. However, I just installed Win10Home on my laptop using the Media creation tool. Will I have to activate or purchase a Win10 key? I have seen some on Ebay for less than $10, but am not sure those are genuine. I have Winver 1903 and a check of...