Windows 10: Dell PC completely crashed upon restart. No windows, programs, nothing is pulling up.

Discus and support Dell PC completely crashed upon restart. No windows, programs, nothing is pulling up. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I turned on my Dell Inspersion laptop that that I have had for less than 1 year. It has windows 10. An update was performed and it restarted. Upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cjpc72, Jan 16, 2019.

1. cjpc72 Win User

Dell PC completely crashed upon restart. No windows, programs, nothing is pulling up.

I turned on my Dell Inspersion laptop that that I have had for less than 1 year. It has windows 10. An update was performed and it restarted. Upon restart all programs including windows are gone. The screen is black and the only icon showing is the trash bin. Windows 10 along with all the programs I had loaded are gone. I clicked on the windows logo & held down R to browse. Oddly enough I can see some of my documents but there are no programs on the drive. I cannot find my recovery disk and have no idea what to do?

:)

cjpc72, Jan 16, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Dell PC completely crashed upon restart.  No windows, programs, nothing is pulling up. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 16, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Dell PC completely crashed upon restart. No windows, programs, nothing is pulling up.

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Dell PC completely crashed upon restart. No windows, programs, nothing is pulling up.

1. Dell PC completely crashed upon restart. No windows, programs, nothing is pulling up. - Similar Threads - Dell completely crashed

2. Weird pop-up upon restarting Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Weird pop-up upon restarting Windows: Any help in solving this from popping up every restart.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-pop-up-upon-restarting-windows/18141960-2ba1-41d0-b024-4c8e0f8250ed
  3. Programs crash upon starting them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs crash upon starting them: Hello, since the morning of last Saturday, most programs (including Zoom, Spotify, Cura, some windows repair tools, etc.) Crash after 3 seconds of running them. I reinstalled windows both from the menu and a usb drive. Nothing changed. Any help possible? submitted by...
  4. Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program: Hello everyone! I have recently upgraded my computer to an AMD 5800x from an i7 7700k. As soon as I did that my Windows started black screening and restarting anytime I try to open a game or program. I already reinstalled windows and the issue persisted. If anyone has an idea...
  5. PC Crashes into black screen and restarts or complete freeze then restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes into black screen and restarts or complete freeze then restart.: My PC has an issue of constantly restarting or complete freezing while playing games or after playing games that are demanding in performance. I changed almost everything in the PC. I changed the GPU, CASE for better airflow, PowerSupply because I thought the powersupply...
  6. Programs that require internet crash upon start up.

Programs that require internet crash upon start up.: Hello, my name is Tony! I have been experiencing a problem with my 64-bit Lenovo IdeaPad, Windows 10. It first occurred on December 2nd, 2019, where it would not run any program unless it was a browser or a program that is hard wired in the system like task manager and would...
  7. Complete PC Loss Upon Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Complete PC Loss Upon Update: Hello, Long story short.. Just bought new Asus 705DY,16gb ddr4,Win10 Home,Ryzen5.. Windows updated Security update and a feature i Believe also, And upon Required Restart Blue screen problems collecting info.. Restarted again got to desktop and unable press buttons...
  8. Pc crashes / freezes up completely

Pc crashes / freezes up completely: A few months / weeks ago my pc startet freezing up completely, i get no error codes no nothing. It just stops and freezes. Microsoft's support service is to no help what so ever, therefor im resulting to this forum. Ill post any logs needed, the problem has gotten bad lately,...
  9. Windows 10 Locks Up, Have to Pull out Power Cable to Restart PC

Windows 10 Locks Up, Have to Pull out Power Cable to Restart PC: Background info: I've had my PC for around 2 and a half years now. Ever since I built it I have been having a problem with certain games. Most of the games are high performance, but not always the case. Always whilst gaming though. Problem: The problem is that my PC will...
  10. Windows 10 PC freezes/locking up. Have to pull out the plug to restart it

Windows 10 PC freezes/locking up. Have to pull out the plug to restart it: Ever since I first built my PC in early 2016, I have been having a problem where my PC would completely lock up/freeze on its current screen and the only way to switch it off/restart is by physically pulling the plug out the wall. This error only happens when I am gaming,...