Windows 10: dell pc product key

Discus and support dell pc product key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do I find my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-pc-product-key/d4a66df9-5c86-48fd-b81d-6222a0cf8e7e Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TRACYWATTS2, Sep 1, 2019.

1. dell pc product key

how do I find my product key

:)

TRACYWATTS2, Sep 1, 2019
  2. FinZak Win User

Product key association disable on old pc

Hey,

I sold my old pc to a friend. He installed some missing parts (HDD, GPU and RAM). Then we installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version from USB stick. I was surprised to see that windows was automatically activated after that. I did some digging and found out that it is using my product key, which i use now in my own new pc. My friend does not have his own product key, the idea was that he just uses the unactivated windows with limited features.

I uninstalled my Windows 10 product key via command prompt in friends computer (as i understand this is only local solution, if he reinstall windows or clicks the active button, it reactivates automatically with my product key) and now it says windows is not activated, but my product key is still shown with Produkey app in his pc. So far windows is still activated my own pc.

My questions:

1. Is this all i need to do?
    2. How do i get rid of product key showing still with product key showing apps on my friend's computer?
    3. Is there a way to get rid of association of my product key on that old pc that i sold to friend?

EDIT: I originally installed windows 10 via upgrade option from Windows 7, if that matters.

FinZak, Sep 1, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

dell pc product key

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

dell pc product key

1. dell pc product key - Similar Threads - dell product key

2. product key of my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key of my pc: Product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-of-my-pc/cfce9866-6518-448c-a02e-73bd7d3c81a1
  3. product key of my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product key of my pc: Product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-of-my-pc/cfce9866-6518-448c-a02e-73bd7d3c81a1
  4. Product Key and new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key and new PC: Hi,I just built a new PC and wanted to activate Windows on it.On my last PC i had Windows with my own Code on it but i have lost it for some reason and now i dont know what i can do.Any Help please?...
  5. Product Key and new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key and new PC: Hi,I just built a new PC and wanted to activate Windows on it.On my last PC i had Windows with my own Code on it but i have lost it for some reason and now i dont know what i can do.Any Help please?...
  6. Product Key and new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. how to get product key for dell laptop

how to get product key for dell laptop: please help me address my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-product-key-for-dell-laptop/30713284-9b86-4d39-89d1-197f8c86f2b3
  8. need a product key of this PC

need a product key of this PC: I need to activate my windows 10 to genuine, I need a product key on this PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-a-product-key-of-this-pc/7b68520a-167a-49aa-9cbf-6cefa927350e
  9. New PC Product Key

New PC Product Key: I'm building a new PC in a couple days and would like to know if it's possible to transfer my current windows product key thats on my current pc to the new pc. Also, I'll be putting the SSD that has windows on it from my current PC into the new one, will I need to wipe it...
  10. New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key: Hi there, 1st time Windows user (always had a Mac). Bought a DELL G5 5590. Having trouble finding where the windoes activation key is. It says that Windows 10 is included in the purchase but there is no CD/ USB or written key anywhere in the package. Logged into the...