Windows 10: Dell Precision 3520 and Smartcard Login

Discus and support Dell Precision 3520 and Smartcard Login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Dell Precision 3520 with a FIPS-compliant fingerprint reader and smartcard reader built-in. I'm currently using the Dell security software to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ericnixmd, Jul 24, 2017.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Dell Precision 3520 and Smartcard Login

I have a Dell Precision 3520 with a FIPS-compliant fingerprint reader and smartcard reader built-in. I'm currently using the Dell security software to manage this.

Has anyone used Windows to set up a smartcard login and set it up so that as soon as the smartcard is removed, the screen is locked? I would like the ability to insert the card to unlock the screen and remove it to lock it.

Is this possible, and if so how do I configure it?

:)

ericnixmd, Jul 24, 2017

2. Cannot log into my new Dell Laptop

Bought a Dell Precision 3520 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting
    computer. Now it comes to a login page and i can't log in? Beautiful ocean scene, but no matter what i try it says "We are unable to connect right now. Please check your network and try again later" I can select the wifi button and it says i am connected.

Richard B911, Jul 24, 2017
  3. J-gibson Win User
    Windows 10 printer problems

Dell inspiron 3520

Dell 968W

yes, I think?

J-gibson, Jul 24, 2017
Thema:

Dell Precision 3520 and Smartcard Login

1. Dell Precision 3520 and Smartcard Login - Similar Threads - Dell Precision 3520

2. dell inspiron 3520 and windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell inspiron 3520 and windows 11 update: I have a laptop from Dell Inspiron 3520 windows 8 at the time of purchasing. Then I moved to windiows 7. Can I upgrade to Windows 11 or Windows 10..Which one should I have to go with ?Thanks....
  3. dell inspiron 3520 and windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dell inspiron 3520 and windows 11 update: I have a laptop from Dell Inspiron 3520 windows 8 at the time of purchasing. Then I moved to windiows 7. Can I upgrade to Windows 11 or Windows 10..Which one should I have to go with ?Thanks....
  4. upgrade Dell Latitude 3520 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade Dell Latitude 3520 to windows 11: Hello everyone!I've a strange behaviour installing new notebooks Dell Latitude 3520 7D36T- identical configuration. After installing all new drivers, dell bios updates usingDell command & update and microsoft patches only one of the two notebooks starts upgrading to windows...
  5. upgrade Dell Latitude 3520 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade Dell Latitude 3520 to windows 11: Hello everyone!I've a strange behaviour installing new notebooks Dell Latitude 3520 7D36T- identical configuration. After installing all new drivers, dell bios updates usingDell command & update and microsoft patches only one of the two notebooks starts upgrading to windows...
  6. Dell Precision T1600

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Precision T1600: I'm upgrading my dell computer it currently has a core i3 2100 I know that you can upgrade to core i7 2600 but I was wondering if there was any core i9 that would work with it?...
  7. Dell inspiron 3520 keyboard not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell inspiron 3520 keyboard not working.: My dell inspiron 3520 laptop originally windows 8 now updated to windows 10 key board stopped working after taking recent windows 2020 updates. I have updated drivers and regional setting but it is not working. Also not able run in safe mode or change set-up....
  8. Smartcard reader issue with keyboard Dell KB813t

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Smartcard reader issue with keyboard Dell KB813t: During the inserting smartcard into the smartcard reader - keyboard and smartcard reader crash not responding in windows 10 (versions 1803, 1809, probably all), but it is not happening on Windows 7 at all with the same set of drivers for both devices. I have tried latest...
  9. Contactless smartcards for login?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Contactless smartcards for login?: In Windows 8/8.1 I could enroll a touchless smartcard and use it for a login. I am not seeing a way to enroll those in Windows 10. Anyone have any idea where that might be? Dell Latitude E7470 with fingerprint and both contact and contactless smartcard reader 49168
  10. Smartcard login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Smartcard login: Hi All I have started to use a Smartcard to login to my Windows 10 Education machine. Logging in works fine but the one annoying problem I have is that when I boot up the machine and am at the login screen it ALWAYS defaults to using a password login. This even happens...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. precision 3520 smart card river