Windows 10: Dell Precision 5510 - Upgraded HDD to SSD. Your opinion.

Discus and support Dell Precision 5510 - Upgraded HDD to SSD. Your opinion. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently upgraded the default 500GB HDD on my Dell Precision 5510 to Samsung SSD 970 EVO installed a clean Windows 10 Pro, installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iMak, Jul 5, 2018.

1. iMak Win User

Dell Precision 5510 - Upgraded HDD to SSD. Your opinion.

Hi,
    I have recently upgraded the default 500GB HDD on my Dell Precision 5510 to Samsung SSD 970 EVO installed a clean Windows 10 Pro, installed and updated all the drivers and Windows updates.
    I want to share with you the performance of the SSD and your opinion will be highly appreciated.

• What do you think of the performance of the drive?
    • Why the benchmark reading from AS SSD tool is way different than the other two?
    • Should I update the driver of the NVMe from Microsoft to Samsung's driver? Will I get a better performance?
    • Why RAPID Mode is not supported? Is it normal?

Specification from Samsung website...

Dell Precision 5510 - Upgraded HDD to SSD. Your opinion. 500_GB_SSD_Performance_Specs.png

Samsung Magician SSD Information...

Dell Precision 5510 - Upgraded HDD to SSD. Your opinion. 500_GB_SSD_Samsung_Magician_Information.png

Performance Benchmark with Samsung Magician...

Dell Precision 5510 - Upgraded HDD to SSD. Your opinion. 500_GB_SSD_Samsung_Magician.png

Performance Benchmark with CrystalDiskMark 6.0.1 x64...

Dell Precision 5510 - Upgraded HDD to SSD. Your opinion. 500_GB_SSD.png

Performance Benchmark with AS SSD...

Dell Precision 5510 - Upgraded HDD to SSD. Your opinion. as_ssd_bench_Samsung_SSD_970_7_5_2018_4_59_37_PM.png

:)

iMak, Jul 5, 2018

2. Precision 5510, Win10, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Hello,

I have about 30 Precision 5510 laptops in my office and running on my domain. I have a reoccuring issue with this specific laptop that will BSOD multiple times a day for one of the managers in the office. They use Google Chrome and keep less than 10 tabs
    up at a time. They also reference excel spreadsheets that are provided to them by some data analysts.

I have the laptop completely up to date on service pack style updates as well as Dell Command updates.

I thought id come here and see if there are any secrets you guys can see in the log files I have brought along.

I have collected the mini dump, system spec and info logs and they will be available for download from my google drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10IqjYe9F0k1S81zAe0CObZ4pq9JnSbxE?usp=sharing

retrospiff, Jul 5, 2018
  3. jr1107 Win User
    Upgrading from HDD to SSD on Windows 10

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my current HDD (on my laptop) to a Samsung Evo SSD and I have some queries regarding the process. I am aware of the whole media creating process but I'd just wanna know if there would be any activation issues. I believe these are
    the steps involved.

1. Download the media creation tool. (Please confirm which one)

2. Replace HDD by SSD.

3. Boot from USB Drive and install on SSD. (It should not ask for a license)

4. Install all drivers.

Is this it? Did I miss any step?

Thank you

jr1107, Jul 5, 2018
  4. emil---01 Win User

I have a 5510 phone, from Europe, and trying to use it with XP (in the USA) to connect to a PC. Initially, I tried to Nokia Audio Manager (which I downloaded), but the software was never able to detect the "device." XP found it and listed it as "external drive",
    and it was listed under device manager as functioning. I then downloaded Nokia PC Suite but when the program tried to connect to the phone (through a cable) it said it coudn't "phone was in file transfer mode." Noplace in the phone was I able to find a way
    to turn this "file transfer mode off." Now the PC Suite indicates that the "Nokia 5510 is connected in a non-comppatable mode, cyhange it from phone UI. Any ideas how I can get the Suite to connect to the this phone?

emil---01, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell Precision 5510 - Upgraded HDD to SSD. Your opinion. - Similar Threads - Dell Precision 5510

2. Ethernet does not work with docking station Windows 10 Pro, Dell Precision 5510

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet does not work with docking station Windows 10 Pro, Dell Precision 5510: I recently got a new router and when I plug my ethernet cable into my docking station, it doesn't connect like it used to. When I connect my ethernet directly via my USB-C adapter, it works.I followed the Ethernet connection troubleshooting steps here - making sure that my...
  3. Ethernet does not work with docking station Windows 10 Pro, Dell Precision 5510

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet does not work with docking station Windows 10 Pro, Dell Precision 5510: I recently got a new router and when I plug my ethernet cable into my docking station, it doesn't connect like it used to. When I connect my ethernet directly via my USB-C adapter, it works.I followed the Ethernet connection troubleshooting steps here - making sure that my...
  4. Ethernet does not work with docking station Windows 10 Pro, Dell Precision 5510

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Your opinion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your opinion: Is this ok for me? I need your opinion about these specs and advice, I have a tight budget, I can't be near to $2,000. To be honest, I need a new PC for Windows 11, Google Meet, Zoom, Youtube and Minecraft.Edit: Total:...
  6. Your opinion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your opinion: Is this ok for me? I need your opinion about these specs and advice, I have a tight budget, I can't be near to $2,000. To be honest, I need a new PC for Windows 11, Google Meet, Zoom, Youtube and Minecraft.Edit: Total:...
  7. windows 10 upgrade limits display resolution on Dell precision 5510

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 upgrade limits display resolution on Dell precision 5510: After the Windows 10 October 2020 Update mandated by my company, my Dell Precision 5510 no longer allowed me to select the right resolution 5120x1440 for my Philips 498P monitor.It is limited to the Quadro's resolution 3840x2160 even when the driver is disabled or even...
  8. Advice on upgrading HDD to SSD on Dell XPS 8900

Advice on upgrading HDD to SSD on Dell XPS 8900: I have a Dell XPS 8900/Windows 10 (20H2) with a 1 TB HD that has the operating system and also a 4 TB HD that I use for storage. I want to replace the 1 TB with a 1 TB SSD. I know I will need to purchase an adaptor to install in a 3.5" bay. I was planning on purchasing a...
  9. Dell Precision 5510 - Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro Upgrade Reset PC

Dell Precision 5510 - Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro Upgrade Reset PC: Hi all, My Dell Precision 5510 came with factory installed Windows 7 Pro and I recently upgraded it successfully to Windows 10 Pro. If I want to perform Reset your PC as described here... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...covery-options Which version of Windows I will...
  10. Dell Precision 5510 - Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Precision 5510 - Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver: After I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, all drivers seem OK except for Bluetooth Peripheral Device under Other devices as shown below, please use the link to see the snapshot. I am not able to define the drivers for devices, but here are the Hardware IDs for...