Windows 10: Dell Precision 7740 Sleep Mode - Black Monitors/Restart

Discus and support Dell Precision 7740 Sleep Mode - Black Monitors/Restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Alas, I cannot precisely the exact moment of the annoying changes in sleep mode. It is possible that an nVidia RTX Quadro 5000 driver could be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by YRCL, Nov 20, 2020.

1. YRCL Win User

Dell Precision 7740 Sleep Mode - Black Monitors/Restart

Alas, I cannot precisely the exact moment of the annoying changes in sleep mode.

It is possible that an nVidia RTX Quadro 5000 driver could be a culprit.

No configuration, apart that above, has been made to the power setting.

At present after putting the laptop workstation in a sleep mode, the computer wakes up on the keyboard key pressed but the monitors are black.

What is more bizarre when I turn off/on the first in a chain (dell monitor connected to the second) the laptop restarts.

I have clean reinstalled the driver, updated BIOS - all in vain.

I would be deeply thankful for any piece of helpful advice.

Precision 7740
    Nvidia RTX Quadro 5000

Two Dell additional monitors connected in chain and via usb type-c single cable to the laptop.

Windows 10 Entreprise 1909 OS build 18363.1139

:)

2. Dell Precision Workstation T5500 will not wake from Sleep Mode

If I allow my Dell Precision Workstation T5500 to enter sleep mode, or place it in sleep mode myself, the PC will not wake unless I hold the power button in to drain all electrons..

Moving the mouse, tapping the keyboard, a "quick" push of the power button results in nothing but a 'zombie' PC....

I assume I should be able to place a Dell Precision Workstation T5500 in Sleep Mode, and wake it?

(This is a PC, not a Laptop)

stephenjnix, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Desktop turns black after start up or wake from sleep.

Thank you Krishna.

Answers:

• Dell Precision T1700 with 3x Dell monitors connected via DP
    • Yes, all icons remain visible
    • No

Regarding your suggest to restart and log in with Microsoft Account... how does one log in with a Microsoft Account?

Also, as an update, the desktop image came back on by itself about an hour after it last disappeared, stayed on for 10 minutes or so, then faded to black again.

Please advise about logging in with a Microsoft Account.

APGDirector, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Dell Precision 7740 Sleep Mode - Black Monitors/Restart

Monitor sleep mode

I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection

what do i do

JaniceErrico, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Dell Precision 7740 Sleep Mode - Black Monitors/Restart

1. Dell Precision 7740 Sleep Mode - Black Monitors/Restart - Similar Threads - Dell Precision 7740

2. Restart In Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart In Sleep Mode: Sometimes my laptop in sleep going in sleep mode and i try to wake it up with my mouse keyboard my laptop getting restart please help my laptop modal is FX507ZM/FX577ZM...
  3. Restart In Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart In Sleep Mode: Sometimes my laptop in sleep going in sleep mode and i try to wake it up with my mouse keyboard my laptop getting restart please help my laptop modal is FX507ZM/FX577ZM...
  4. Facing multiple BSOD in Dell Precision 7740

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facing multiple BSOD in Dell Precision 7740: Facing BSOD of different errors with the machine having 512SSD and 32GB RAM as below, 1. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. 2.POOL CORRUPTION IN FILE AREA. 3.KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE 4.MEMORY MANAGEMENT. 5.FPN LIST CORRUPTION 6.SYS Service Exception 7.WIN32KFULL.SYS...
  5. Dell Precision T1600

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Precision T1600: I'm upgrading my dell computer it currently has a core i3 2100 I know that you can upgrade to core i7 2600 but I was wondering if there was any core i9 that would work with it?...
  6. BSOD after RAM an SSD upgrade Dell Precision 7740 Mobile Workstation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after RAM an SSD upgrade Dell Precision 7740 Mobile Workstation: Hello I did upgrade the ram from 32gb to 96gb by adding 2x32GB Crucial DDR4-2666 in the back, did not touch the rams under the keyboard https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07ZLCC6J8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and 2TB Sabrent NVMe 2280 SSD....
  7. Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode: Sorry if my english is bad. I have a laptop , windows 10. Everytime I restart my pc or it goes into sleep mode my monitor won't turn on. It only turns on after i unplug it an let it stay closed a couple of hours . Idk why but after that the monitor starts working again. I...
  8. Monitor sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor sleep mode: I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleep-mode/6460684c-52bc-4009-9887-495412e6ae66
  9. My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems)

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems): This problem is fairly new, even though I've been using this monitor as well as other similar ones with my laptop. What's supposed to happen is that when I wake my laptop from sleep mode, the built in screen should turn on but stay completely black, while the monitor (set as...
  10. Dell Precision T5600 does not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Precision T5600 does not wake up from sleep: The Issue All (7) of the Dell Precision T5600s in a computer lab do not wake up after going to sleep. Background Info I work in the ITS department for an educational institution that has some T5600s in use in the Math/Computer Science department labs. We upgraded to...