Windows 10: Dell Precision m3800 stuttering and lag

Discus and support Dell Precision m3800 stuttering and lag in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, Just wondering if anyone else has seen these type of issues. I did an in-place upgrade on my brand new m3800 laptop and am getting graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PWn3R, Oct 1, 2014.

1. PWn3R Win User

Dell Precision m3800 stuttering and lag

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone else has seen these type of issues. I did an in-place upgrade on my brand new m3800 laptop and am getting graphics stuttering and lag. I also have noticed that if I open the nvidia control panel, the 3D preview window is completely grey and doesn't show anything. I don't see CPU spikes or anything else indicative of issues. Anyone have any ideas? I can try a clean install as well, just haven't had time yet.

:)

PWn3R, Oct 1, 2014
  2. BruceBoka Win User

USB Modem Not Working

Hi Ruth,

I appreciate the feedback! Maybe I've confused you but my system (laptop) is a Precision M3800, not an Inspiron as you mentioned. If you follow the below link you'll see that Win 10 is indeed supported.

Unterstützte Betriebssysteme

Thanks for the help again.

Bruce

BruceBoka, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Mouse Freezes on windows 10

This issue was driving me crazy for months on my Dell Precision M3800.

Finally I found the solution in my case!

In device manager I had to deactivate in the sensors-section the STMicroelectronics Accelerometer.

I tested all available driver versions for it, but NONE is ever working together with the Dell-Touchpad.

Fun-fact:

When I was travelling and my Laptop was shaking my Laptop (in trains and Planes), then my mouse was nearly dead.

That is the reason why I came to the accelerometer...

Carsten Giese, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Dell Precision m3800 stuttering and lag

Try reinstalling your Video Drivers. Most likely the OS has installed a basic driver. Use the Windows 8.1 drivers, they should work fine.

Indianatone, Oct 1, 2014
  5. PWn3R Win User
    Indiana,
    I gave that a shot, but it didn't fix it. I tried using Driver Fusion to remove any remnants, which then put me in a boot loop. I wiped the laptop and completely fresh installed. The system is still stuttering and I see the spinning dots animation on the login screen and other places freezing for as much as a two seconds sometimes. There are no CPU spikes or other problems to explain this. I suspect that this laptop has Optimus and I'm wondering if that is the problem. I just got it about 2 hours before I installed Windows 10 on it.

Edit: screenshot of nvidia CP below
    Dell Precision m3800 stuttering and lag [​IMG]

Edit 2: Confirmed nVidia Optimus is broken on Windows 10 for the time being. I suspect that is the root of my issues. There doesn't appear to be any way to turn it off either.

PWn3R, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dell Precision m3800 stuttering and lag

1. Dell Precision m3800 stuttering and lag - Similar Threads - Dell Precision m3800

2. Stuttering/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering/lag: hi i have this problem where my Pc is stuttering in some games and also browsing internet or on the desktop. its a constant thing that keeps happening.My specs are:MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Gen3 amd SAM enabledCPU: Ryzen 5 4500GPU PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT...
  3. Stuttering/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering/lag: hi i have this problem where my Pc is stuttering in some games and also browsing internet or on the desktop. its a constant thing that keeps happening.My specs are:MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Gen3 amd SAM enabledCPU: Ryzen 5 4500GPU PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT...
  4. dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver: Hi, i'm having a weird trouble with this old boy. i have been trying the last few week to upgrade the dell touchpad driver to windows precision driver. But i'm not getting the result i want. i first tried lenovo driver but 1cm on the touchpad became unactive only the right...
  5. dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver: Hi, i'm having a weird trouble with this old boy. i have been trying the last few week to upgrade the dell touchpad driver to windows precision driver. But i'm not getting the result i want. i first tried lenovo driver but 1cm on the touchpad became unactive only the right...
  6. dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver

7. lag/Stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag/Stuttering: alright so basically this hasnt happened before but my pc randomly started stuttering and lagging on games but whenever im not on games it works really fast i did a wifi speed test everything seems fine and its happening on roblox and its not a high quality game so if anyone...
  8. lag/Stuttering

lag/Stuttering: alright so basically this hasnt happened before but my pc randomly started stuttering and lagging on games but whenever im not on games it works really fast i did a wifi speed test everything seems fine and its happening on roblox and its not a high quality game so if anyone...
  9. Dell Precision T1600

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Precision T1600: I'm upgrading my dell computer it currently has a core i3 2100 I know that you can upgrade to core i7 2600 but I was wondering if there was any core i9 that would work with it?...
  10. Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD: Hello everyone, since a while I'm having a weird problem with my M3800 with QHD display without knowing what caused it. It might have changed with the last major Windows update, but I'm not sure. When I got the computer I immediatly turned off the adaptive brightness...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell m3800 trackpad lag

2. what windows did dell m3800 come with

3. dell m3800 lag