Windows 10: dell precision m6800 sound driver always messed up when windows 10 updates why?

Discus and support dell precision m6800 sound driver always messed up when windows 10 updates why? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why would a Windows 10 update effect the sound driver in a Dell Precision laptop? Not all the time, but every couple times of updates. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnMicka, Jul 1, 2019.

1. JohnMicka Win User

dell precision m6800 sound driver always messed up when windows 10 updates why?

Why would a Windows 10 update effect the sound driver in a Dell Precision laptop?

Not all the time, but every couple times of updates.

I've tried different versions of the Realtek driver, but keep going to the one that works from Dell.

The version that ends with "6098"

I have to uninstall from Programs then reinstall the sound driver, it always comes back but this is a hassle.

Also this problem has been on-going for several years, why has no engineer dealt with it?

The Dell Precision is a nice laptop, speed is excellent - choice of CPU's, plenty of memory and video memory too, guess designed for CAD. Accessories still available.

Did I mention after updates that mess the sound driver the system runs just a little faster than a stand still.

So bottom line why does Windows 10 updates mess with the sound driver?

:)

JohnMicka, Jul 1, 2019
  2. CountMike Win User
    CountMike, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Suspected problem with Dell 1550W wireless driver

Latest dump indicates a problem with bcmwl63a.sys.
    Code:
    Code:
    BugCheck 1A, {4477, deadbf07, 0, 0}  *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys
    This belongs to Dell Wireless 1550 802.11ac device. The one installed is dated 23/11/2015 22:56:21. The latest on the Dell website: Support for Precision M6800 is dated: 06 Jan 2016 and updated 11 May 2016.

dell precision m6800 sound driver always messed up when windows 10 updates why? [​IMG]

Install that and see if it helps.

Ztruker, Jul 1, 2019
  4. dell precision m6800 sound driver always messed up when windows 10 updates why?

Dell Precision 5820 no network connection

Hello together,

we have some Dell Precision 5820 clients, that we must migrate to Windows 10.

We are installing our clients with a unattended.xml file and joining directly during the unattend phase to our domain. The Windows PE phase are working very fine, the Windows installation and Domain Join also. But when there is coming the first logon screen,
    the client have no network connection.

We have also some other 1.000 Dell clients (other models), that have not the problem. This is only on all Dell Precision 5820 clients.

When is working:

• When we let the client join a workgroup, then the client have a network connection. When we switch to the domain, the network is working also. If we rebooting 3 -5 the client, we have again our problem.
    • Reboot the client with no network cabel and plug in few seconds later, after the client is started, the cabel. The client will become a IP address.
    • The IP address will receive from our DHCP server.

I have testet the following steps, but nothing from there fixed the problem.

• Testet the original Intel network driver
    • The latest Dell network driver
    • Domain Join to a extra OU in the AD, with block inheritance GPO
    • Disabled some speed options in the BIOS for performance (only 1 core, disable Intel SpeedStep)
    • Reservation on the DHCP server
    • Fixed IP address
    • Plugin the Client to a DSL AVM FritzBox, but the same problem to receive a address via DHCP.
    • Analysed on the client via Wireshard, there is only a DHCP discover.
    Any suggestions what we can analyse?

Best regards

Bender2020XW, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

dell precision m6800 sound driver always messed up when windows 10 updates why?

1. dell precision m6800 sound driver always messed up when windows 10 updates why? - Similar Threads - dell precision m6800

2. dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver: Hi, i'm having a weird trouble with this old boy. i have been trying the last few week to upgrade the dell touchpad driver to windows precision driver. But i'm not getting the result i want. i first tried lenovo driver but 1cm on the touchpad became unactive only the right...
  3. dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell m3800 touchpad windows precision driver: Hi, i'm having a weird trouble with this old boy. i have been trying the last few week to upgrade the dell touchpad driver to windows precision driver. But i'm not getting the result i want. i first tried lenovo driver but 1cm on the touchpad became unactive only the right...
  4. Precision Mouse Messing Up

Precision Mouse Messing Up: My Microsoft Precision Bluetooth mouse is not working properly when using the Bluetooth. When I use it on my PC and my Surface Pro the pointer will just stop for a few seconds and then move again. It just freezes for 3-5 seconds which is irritating because the only way I can...
  5. Input Devices factory hardware installed on Dell Precision M6800 on Device Manager

Input Devices factory hardware installed on Dell Precision M6800 on Device Manager: Hello Everyone, My name is Kevin Perez. I have the subject of a reoccurring bug on my dell computer. Though this bug may be present on many other laptops as well. You see, I keep typing up various documents. Then at random times, the text, which I have already written is...
  6. KMODE Exception Error - Dell Precision M6800

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KMODE Exception Error - Dell Precision M6800: Hi everyone, I know this is a common problem and I've been trying to do my best to try and research how to fix it, but I'm getting a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error every time I start up my Dell Precision M6800. It goes to the desktop screen for about 1 min, and then it...
  7. No Audio on Dell Precision M6800 Since Update to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Audio on Dell Precision M6800 Since Update to Windows 10 2004: I completed the upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 2004 yesterday. Today, I have no audio regardless of source. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-on-dell-precision-m6800-since-update-to/68a5d63a-cfff-406c-a06b-d93d285e7ecf
  8. Sound does not work after Windows 10 update on Dell Precision M6800

Sound does not work after Windows 10 update on Dell Precision M6800: Why would a Windows 10 update effect the sound driver in a Dell Precision laptop? Not all the time, but every couple times of updates. I've tried different versions of the Realtek driver, but keep going to the one that works from Dell. The version that ends with "6098" I...
  9. Dell Precision M6800 very slow and ran out of ideas.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Precision M6800 very slow and ran out of ideas.: I got a refurbished computer around two weeks ago and it is an Dell Precision M6800. It was working fine the first few days and then after a while it started getting slower and slower. Now it takes around two minutes for the file manager to open up and it takes like five...
  10. Windows 10 Pro set up on Dell Precision M6800

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro set up on Dell Precision M6800: After using Linux and I reboot into Windows the time is out of wack and I simply have Windows change the time from my default on line time source. OK. I have Linux Mint installed on a MBR disk and it has its own Boot Manager so I won't get dual boot menu. I seldom use Linux...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell m6800 sound

2. dell m6800 realtek driver for windows 10

3. dell m6800 drivers windows 10