Windows 10: Dell Precision M6800 very slow and ran out of ideas.

Discus and support Dell Precision M6800 very slow and ran out of ideas. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got a refurbished computer around two weeks ago and it is an Dell Precision M6800. It was working fine the first few days and then after a while it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KitBrimhall, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Dell Precision M6800 very slow and ran out of ideas.

I got a refurbished computer around two weeks ago and it is an Dell Precision M6800. It was working fine the first few days and then after a while it started getting slower and slower. Now it takes around two minutes for the file manager to open up and it takes like five minutes for chrome to load up.

So, being the person I am, I followed the steps I usually follow if something goes wrong. Of course, I searched for viruses. I used AVG, SuperAntiSpyware, and Malwarebytes. Nothing was found on any of them. Then I ran GlarysoftPro, for any optimizations that need to be done, for example de-fragmentation and search for hard drive errors, and that didn't fix the performance issues. Even though it did find problems and fixed them with no problem, nothing was solved.

So, then I started to do other things.

1. I restart the computer ---> No change

2. I reset the computer deleting all personal files --> No change

3. I reinstalled a fresh copy of windows (factory reset) --> No change

4. I reinstalled the drivers and updated a few drivers --> No change

5. I ran insider preview --> Worked but for around a week then it slowed again.

6. I then reset the BIOS to default. --> It crashed once about a WATCHDOG error, but I couldn't remember it. Then, it crashed twice giving me the error BOOT_DEVICE_UNACCESSABLE. (This is all in the insider preview.) And, then I shut it down after it gave me a SQRTrails.txt or something. I didn't care, I was going to deal with it in the morning.

Then this morning it started working, so then I went on my phone, because the laptop was still not working, and people were arguing over disabling speedstep. So, the risk taker I am...

7. I disabled speedstep --> And it works really well, but it worked better when I first got it. I do feel the computer lagging here and there and I know that disabling Speedstep is NOT the problem. I have come to the conclusion that it is only a temporary fix.

So, I've thrown in the towel and I need some help. I've given some information on my computer below. Thank you.

UserBenchmarks: Game 15%, Desk 51%, Work 35%

CPU: Intel Core i7-4800MQ

GPU: Intel HD 4600 (Mobile 1.15 GHz)

HDD: WD Black 2.5" 500GB (2011)

RAM: Kingston KN2M64-ETB 2x8GB

MBD: Dell Precision M6800

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 01/31/2019 10:20:37

System name: KIT

[Display]

Operating System:Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

DirectX version: --- 12.0

GPU processor: --- Quadro K4100M

Driver version: --- 412.16

Direct3D API version: --- 12

Direct3D feature level: --- 11_0

CUDA Cores: --- 1152

Core clock: --- 705 MHz

Memory data rate: --- 3200 MHz

Memory interface: --- 256-bit

Memory bandwidth: --- 102.40 GB/s

Total available graphics memory: --- 12240 MB

Dedicated video memory: --- 4096 MB GDDR5

System video memory: --- 0 MB

Shared system memory: --- 8144 MB

Video BIOS version: --- 80.04.E8.00.1D

IRQ: --- Not used

Bus: --- PCI Express x16 Gen3

Device Id: --- 10DE 11B7 15CD1028

Part Number: --- 2053 0502

[Components]

NvUpdtr.dll --- 2.11.4.0 --- NVIDIA Update Components

NvUpdt.dll --- 2.11.4.0 --- NVIDIA Update Components

nvui.dll --- 8.17.14.1216 --- NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdplcy.dll --- 8.17.14.1216 --- NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdbat.dll --- 8.17.14.1216 --- NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdapix.dll --- 8.17.14.1216 --- NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

NVCPL.DLL --- 8.17.14.1216 --- NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvCplUIR.dll --- 8.1.940.0 --- NVIDIA Control Panel

nvCplUI.exe --- 8.1.940.0 --- NVIDIA Control Panel

nvWSSR.dll --- 24.21.14.1216 --- NVIDIA Workstation Server

nvWSS.dll --- 24.21.14.1216 --- NVIDIA Workstation Server

nvViTvSR.dll --- 24.21.14.1216 --- NVIDIA Video Server

nvViTvS.dll --- 24.21.14.1216 --- NVIDIA Video Server

nvDispSR.dll --- 24.21.14.1216 --- NVIDIA Display Server

NVMCTRAY.DLL --- 24.21.14.1216 --- NVIDIA Media Center Library

nvDispS.dll --- 24.21.14.1216 --- NVIDIA Display Server

PhysX --- 09.17.0524 --- NVIDIA PhysX

NVCUDA.DLL --- 24.21.14.1216 --- NVIDIA CUDA 10.0.243 driver

nvGameSR.dll --- 24.21.14.1216 --- NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

nvGameS.dll --- 24.21.14.1216 --- NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

If you need any information, I will do my best to give it to you. Thank you again.

:)

KitBrimhall, Jan 31, 2019

2. Dell Announces New Precision Workstations

WTF? Dell Precision M4800 and M6800 mobile workstations have 15.6-inch Quad HD+ IGZO 3,200 x 1,800 pixels panels - GREAT - but what about a desktop monitor with that resolution. WHERE WHERE !!!

lemonadesoda, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Dell Precision M6800 very slow and ran out of ideas.

Windows 10 Pro set up on Dell Precision M6800

Hello,
    I recently purchased a refurbished Dell Precision M6800 laptop that currently has one drive installed, a 256GB mSATA SSD. The default set up that Dell uses on this laptop is UEIF Raid, there are other options as well the other one is AHCI as well as a Legacy setting that would allow the installation of I think Windows 7. If I leave this Raid setting and install additional HDs do I actually have to configure them as a Raid? At the moment with the current Raid setting and only the one SSD the boot time is greatly delayed while the Bios is looking for HDs that are already a Raid or that can be configure as a Raid. This laptop along with the mSATA SSD has two additional HD bays and if you buy a HD cady to replace the optical drive will give you the ability of having 3 internal HDs. I am not interested in setting up a Raid array and was wondering if switching to AHCI mode is possible without needing a reinstall of Windows 10 Pro. I know that for earlier versions of Windows if the HD was set up for ATA mode you could edit the registry to enable the switch to AHCI mode without having to reinstalling the OS. If this is possible what do I need to do to accomplish this? I also want to set up this laptop to dual boot with Linux, would switching to AHCI allow this or would I have to switch to Legacy mode?
    Thanks for your help
    Robert

ZophiasDad, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Dell Precision M6800 very slow and ran out of ideas.

1. Dell Precision M6800 very slow and ran out of ideas. - Similar Threads - Dell Precision M6800

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Dell Precision 7720

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Dell Precision 7720: As the title says I am struggling with trying to identify the cause of this BSOD on a Dell Precision 7720. If anyone could help with reviewing the MEM dump files - Located here --- >...
  3. Dell Precision T1600

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Precision T1600: I'm upgrading my dell computer it currently has a core i3 2100 I know that you can upgrade to core i7 2600 but I was wondering if there was any core i9 that would work with it?...
  4. Very Slow Internet Upload speed on Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very Slow Internet Upload speed on Dell Laptop: Hi, We are trying to track down the cause of a very slow upload speed on one of our laptops running Windows 10. We have ruled out network issues by doing tests with several of our other home devices and get consistently good download and upload speeds at around 35mbps down/...
  5. Input Devices factory hardware installed on Dell Precision M6800 on Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Input Devices factory hardware installed on Dell Precision M6800 on Device Manager: Hello Everyone, My name is Kevin Perez. I have the subject of a reoccurring bug on my dell computer. Though this bug may be present on many other laptops as well. You see, I keep typing up various documents. Then at random times, the text, which I have already written is...
  6. KMODE Exception Error - Dell Precision M6800

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KMODE Exception Error - Dell Precision M6800: Hi everyone, I know this is a common problem and I've been trying to do my best to try and research how to fix it, but I'm getting a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error every time I start up my Dell Precision M6800. It goes to the desktop screen for about 1 min, and then it...
  7. No Audio on Dell Precision M6800 Since Update to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Audio on Dell Precision M6800 Since Update to Windows 10 2004: I completed the upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 2004 yesterday. Today, I have no audio regardless of source. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-on-dell-precision-m6800-since-update-to/68a5d63a-cfff-406c-a06b-d93d285e7ecf
  8. Sound does not work after Windows 10 update on Dell Precision M6800

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound does not work after Windows 10 update on Dell Precision M6800: Why would a Windows 10 update effect the sound driver in a Dell Precision laptop? Not all the time, but every couple times of updates. I've tried different versions of the Realtek driver, but keep going to the one that works from Dell. The version that ends with "6098" I...
  9. dell precision m6800 sound driver always messed up when windows 10 updates why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dell precision m6800 sound driver always messed up when windows 10 updates why?: Why would a Windows 10 update effect the sound driver in a Dell Precision laptop? Not all the time, but every couple times of updates. I've tried different versions of the Realtek driver, but keep going to the one that works from Dell. The version that ends with "6098" I...
  10. Windows 10 Pro set up on Dell Precision M6800

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro set up on Dell Precision M6800: After using Linux and I reboot into Windows the time is out of wack and I simply have Windows change the time from my default on line time source. OK. I have Linux Mint installed on a MBR disk and it has its own Boot Manager so I won't get dual boot menu. I seldom use Linux...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. precision 7720 slower boot than m4800

2. M6800 RAID problem

3. dell m6800 very slow with ssd

4. is dell m6800 a good computer in 2019