Windows 10: Dell Printer Supplementary Driver Question

Discus and support Dell Printer Supplementary Driver Question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Color Laser Printer (C2660DN) The support pages list several supplementary drivers. I am wondering if these additional supplemental... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bamajon1974, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Dell Printer Supplementary Driver Question

I have a Dell Color Laser Printer (C2660DN) The support pages list several supplementary drivers. I am wondering if these additional supplemental drivers are necessary as I am trying to avoid extra software bloat.

Dell Color Printer PCL, PS and Open Drivers -- Do I really need these additional drivers?

Thanks in advance!

:)

bamajon1974, Apr 1, 2020
  2. LemP Win User

Need Printer Driver for Dell Photo 966

You have some options.

1. Download Vista drivers from Dell:

Step 1: See the post from "Pudgy One" here:
    https://www.dell.com/community/Printers/Need-Dell-AIO-966-printer-driver/td-p/4779441

Step 2: The link to the Dell forum thread in the post in Step 1 is no longer valid. Instead, go to

https://www.dell.com/community/Printers/Dell-966-Photo-All-In-One-Printer-owners-thread-W7/m-p/3395452

2. Use the driver from the Microsoft Update Catalog

Step 1: Go here:
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=dell%20966

Step 2: You should be at a page with 11 possible downloads. Five of the hits are described as good for Windows 7.

Three of the hits indicate that they are for both Windows 7 and Windows XP 64-bit edition (among other versions of Windows). These downloads are for a 64-bit version of Windows. The other two hits are for a 32-bit version of Windows.
    I don't know the differences between the different downloads.

If I were in your position, I would use the download that includes Windows 8.1 in the list as well as Windows XP 64-Bit Edition (if you have 64-bit Windows 7) or the download that includes Windows 8.1 in the list as well as Windows
    XP (if you have 32-bit Windows 7).

Step 3: Whichever file you download will be a *.cab file. Extract the contents. The easiest way to deal with this is to install free 7-zip (7-Zip).
    If you would rather use native Windows command line commands, see
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/extract-cab-file-using-command-line
    (use "expand" rather than "extrac32").

Step 4: Open Devices and Printers.

• Select any icon in the "Printers and Faxes" section.
    • Click "Print Server Properties" in the tool bar at the top of the Devices and Printers window.
    • Select the "Drivers" tab and then the "Add" button. This will open the "Add Printer Driver Wizard." Click "Next"
    • Select your system architecture and click Next
    • Click the "Have Disk" button
    • Use the "Browse" button to open the folder into which you had extracted the contents of the *.cab file you downloaded. This will be easy to find if you had saved the downloaded file on your Desktop and extracted the contents into a folder on your Desktop.
      Click "Open"
    • Select the *.inf file, click "Open" and then click "OK"
    • Complete the Wizard.

Step 5: Connect the printer and turn it on. It should now install automatically.

LemP, Apr 1, 2020
  3. printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Dell Printer Supplementary Driver Question

windows 10 printer error 1797 Dell 1320 printer

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Try running the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change he view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Printer troubleshooter.
    I suggest you to update all the drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Hardware and Device and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Additional information to fix printer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Support | Dell Deutschland

Hope it helps.

Do reply with the results.

We are glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Dell Printer Supplementary Driver Question

1. Dell Printer Supplementary Driver Question - Similar Threads - Dell Printer Supplementary

2. Dell 5310n Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell 5310n Printer Driver: Hello,Will a Dell 5310n printer work on Windows 11? I tried to download the only driver that Dell has for that model, but its not working correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!...
  3. Dell 5310n Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell 5310n Printer Driver: Hello,Will a Dell 5310n printer work on Windows 11? I tried to download the only driver that Dell has for that model, but its not working correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!...
  4. Dell printer driver

Dell printer driver: I have upgraded to Windows 11 but my Dell c1660w printer wont work, I can't find a driver for it. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-printer-driver/45ccbcf7-79c1-423d-8c1a-f1c8369581c6
  5. Dell printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell printer driver: I have upgraded to Windows 11 but my Dell c1660w printer wont work, I can't find a driver for it. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-printer-driver/45ccbcf7-79c1-423d-8c1a-f1c8369581c6
  6. Questions about the Dell XPS 15 9575 drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions about the Dell XPS 15 9575 drivers: I have a Dell XPS 15 2in1 9575 running Windows 10 version 21H2. At the moment it's graphics card drivers always drop as soon as the installation is finished, I don't know what it's because of. The contents of the Setupapi.dev.log file, read from the %Systemroot%/INF folder,...
  7. Questions about the Dell XPS 15 9575 drivers

Questions about the Dell XPS 15 9575 drivers: I have a Dell XPS 15 2in1 9575 running Windows 10 version 21H2. At the moment it's graphics card drivers always drop as soon as the installation is finished, I don't know what it's because of. The contents of the Setupapi.dev.log file, read from the %Systemroot%/INF folder,...
  8. Dell printer 1320c driver for Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell printer 1320c driver for Win10: Dell printer 1320c driver for Win10It is very unclear by Dell which driver to download.Please use - search for driver and instructions under this link from Dell web page:1320c_DRV_ENG_01-01-05-00_01-01-05-00.exeUnzip in easy located folder and unpack there.At config. add new...
  9. Brother Printer Driver Question

Brother Printer Driver Question: Hi I was wondering if the driver I have listed on my PC for a Brother HL-L5200DW printer is the most up to date, mine lists it as 2006? My system info lists it as: Device SWD\PRINTENUM\{9A8D3A7F-3DCB-4D83-AA57-9C0C21161130} was configured. Driver Name: printqueue.inf...
  10. Printer question

Printer question: Currently running a Canon Pixma m925. We like it because it has AirPrint and up until today has worked well. But now it spits an error b200 code which seems to be print head related. I guess it’s clogged but we tried cleaning it and still get the issue. I am mulling over...