Windows 10: Dell Problem . . .

Discus and support Dell Problem . . . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell Vostro 3583 laptop, running Windows 10 Pro. It's set up, to go past, the login screen. And, right to the, desktop. I know, I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Dell Problem . . .

I have a Dell Vostro 3583 laptop, running Windows 10 Pro.

It's set up, to go past, the login screen. And, right to the, desktop.

I know, I could eliminate, the password.

But not, even seeing, the login screen. Is much better!

Now, something has changed.

The first screen that comes up. Is white. Saying, Dell preboot manager.

How do I eliminate, that screen. And, have it back. The way, it was?

Going, right to, the desktop. Is so nice! I'm the only one, using thiscomputer.
    So security, is not an issue.

Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Jan 19, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Dell Quickset in Windows 10 does not appear to disable the keyboard and touchpad in tablet mode

Hi Terry,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to un-install and re-install Quickset and see if that makes any difference:

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R keys
    • Type appwiz.cpl
    • Choose Quickset and click on un-install.

Re-install from Dell's website and see if that helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Eric2139 Win User

Dell Problem . . .

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Dell Problem . . .

1. Dell Problem . . . - Similar Threads - Dell Problem

2. Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons: My Dell laptop's touchpad buttons aren't working right. There are four buttons—two on top and two at the bottom. The top ones, for left and right clicks, are causing trouble. When I press them, the cursor takes a second to respond. And if I press them while holding Shift or...
  3. Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons: My Dell laptop's touchpad buttons aren't working right. There are four buttons—two on top and two at the bottom. The top ones, for left and right clicks, are causing trouble. When I press them, the cursor takes a second to respond. And if I press them while holding Shift or...
  4. Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Dell desktop has a problem with ASP.net.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell desktop has a problem with ASP.net.: When I run Any program on my Dell Desktop the ASP.net locks out the program and asks for a password. It does not matter what program and i cannot search for the ASP.net as it comes up asking for password. What is this?...
  6. My Dell desktop has a problem with ASP.net.

My Dell desktop has a problem with ASP.net.: When I run Any program on my Dell Desktop the ASP.net locks out the program and asks for a password. It does not matter what program and i cannot search for the ASP.net as it comes up asking for password. What is this?...
  7. "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.: I encountered this problem when trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 to my Dell Latitude 7430 laptop today, please see all three attached pictures. From what I can gather from google it looks like it could have something to do with the "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Mode" of the...
  8. "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.

"MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.: I encountered this problem when trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 to my Dell Latitude 7430 laptop today, please see all three attached pictures. From what I can gather from google it looks like it could have something to do with the "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Mode" of the...
  9. Dell XPS 8940 Streaming Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS 8940 Streaming Problems: At some point in the last 6 months or so, this platform has developed a problem with streaming. It happens both when streaming video and audio, though it happens much more frequently when streaming video. The video/audio stream will start to stutter, then freeze, then...
  10. Dell XPS 8940 Streaming Problems

Dell XPS 8940 Streaming Problems: At some point in the last 6 months or so, this platform has developed a problem with streaming. It happens both when streaming video and audio, though it happens much more frequently when streaming video. The video/audio stream will start to stutter, then freeze, then...