Windows 10: Dell replaced motherboard/HD, re-installed Winows Pro, won't activate

Discus and support Dell replaced motherboard/HD, re-installed Winows Pro, won't activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dell replaced my motherboard and hard drive under warranty. I re-installed Windows 10 Pro from the Dell recovery partition. Everything was fine, bu I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by purplenate26, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Dell replaced motherboard/HD, re-installed Winows Pro, won't activate

Dell replaced my motherboard and hard drive under warranty. I re-installed Windows 10 Pro from the Dell recovery partition. Everything was fine, bu I see that my Windows is not activated. Why is that. I first bought this laptop in May 2017, and When I went through the first time new user account setup wizard, I used a Microsoft account, so I know my Windows copy was linked to my Microsoft account. I went into my Microsoft account and under devices I deleted all the old devices and left this remaining.
    I just can not get Pro to activate.

Error code is: 0xC004C003

Dell replaced motherboard/HD, re-installed Winows Pro, won't activate [​IMG]

:)

purplenate26, Nov 18, 2018
  2. nkienitz Win User

Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Nov 18, 2018
  3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

4. tamo Win User

Dell replaced motherboard/HD, re-installed Winows Pro, won't activate

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Thema:

Dell replaced motherboard/HD, re-installed Winows Pro, won't activate

1. Dell replaced motherboard/HD, re-installed Winows Pro, won't activate - Similar Threads - Dell replaced motherboard

2. Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.: If memory serves, I did a free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 shortly after it became available. I believe this was a download from the internet and I have a thumbdrive labeled Win10 that dates from that update. There was never any factory packaging and any e-mails for that...
  3. Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.: If memory serves, I did a free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 shortly after it became available. I believe this was a download from the internet and I have a thumbdrive labeled Win10 that dates from that update. There was never any factory packaging and any e-mails for that...
  4. Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement: I just received my HP PC back after the motherboard was replaced. The PC was initially set up with Windows 10 Home, then I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade through the MS website. The website shows the purchase on my account. When the PC was returned, they had replaced...
  6. Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard replacement.: My ASUS ROG GU502G laptop recently had its motherboard replaced. Upon wiping it and setting it up for another user, I am unable to re-activate Windows 10 due to the old product key being used on the motherboard that was replaced. Is there any way to re-activate windows...
  7. replace motherboard and re-install W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    replace motherboard and re-install W10: Hi All, Excuse the repetition of questions. I seem to go word blind looking at the permutations to same questions. Very basically I am replacing my Motherboard for the same as the one that decided it didn't want to play anymore and just transferring the CPU to that new...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Not activated after replacing motherboard

Windows 10 Pro Not activated after replacing motherboard: Hi today I replaced my motherboard, and the Windows 10 Pro is not active anymore. I've tried troubleshooting with no results, I had seen through googling there would be a "I've changed handware recently" prompt that has not appeared. My error code is 0x803F7001 and my key...
  9. Motherboard replacement and windows 10 re-activation

Motherboard replacement and windows 10 re-activation: My motherboard died and i had to get a new one, but I didn't know windows 10 wouldn't stay activated. I've had windows 10 since the first week it was given out as a free upgrade. I cannot find any of my old product keys, and I never had a physical one for my copy of windows...
  10. Re-activating Windows 10 Pro after a motherboard replacement

Re-activating Windows 10 Pro after a motherboard replacement: I think I'm royally screwed here, but want to confirm with you guys who are far move savvy than I am. I had an Asus Eee (mini) with Win7 that I upgraded (and I use the term loosely) to Win10 a couple of years ago when it was free. Shortly thereafter I purchased the MS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. replaced motherboard now windows wont activate

2. re-installed w10 from dell recovery usb but now windows is not dell installation