Windows 10: Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer

Discus and support Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I dont know why but right after I install this program it automatically restarts my computer nonstop until I remove the program completely. This is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Adib6000, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Adib6000 Win User

Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer

I dont know why but right after I install this program it automatically restarts my computer nonstop until I remove the program completely. This is not happening with other programs.

:)

Adib6000, Sep 13, 2019
  2. Ohewf Win User

SupportAssist on Dell computer appeared

I got on my dell computer while i was off of it, and all of a sudden some application on my desktop called "SupportAssist" was on my computer and apparently it was made today.

Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer [​IMG]

I scanned with malwarebytes and got nothing nor with windows defender.

I dont remember installing anything today.

And i went on the control panel and it shows nothing really suspicious.

i checked its properties and it had "PC Doctor Module"

Is this made by dell or is this a virus?
    And I checked another thing and there was some SupportAssistAgent which seemed to be installed over a month ago?

I'm really concerned this may be a virus, but malwarebytes and windows defender say otherwise.

Ohewf, Sep 13, 2019
  3. dell SupportAssist

Has anyone had problems with dell SupportAssist

William Connell, Sep 13, 2019
  4. major226 Win User

How do you Pin Dell SupportAssist To The Desktop and Taskbar?

Please suggest how you can pin Dell SupportAssist to the Desktop and Taskbar. The control panel shows that the Dell SupportAssist is a program on the laptop. Dell Support Pro installed it, however, I cannot find it to open it. My
    OS is windows 10. I have an Inspiron 55. Thank you!

major226, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer - Similar Threads - Dell SupportAssist keep

2. Computer Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Keeps Restarting: Due to having little storage I decided to reset my windows 10 laptop. As it was reseting, halfway through it said it ran into a error and needed to try again. I clicked on Return to Windows 10 and then my computer restarted. Then it kept restarting and continues to do so. I...
  3. Computer Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Keeps Restarting: I'm having an issue. Earlier today I started experiencing an issue where my computer will hard restart itself. I'm usually experiencing these restarts when I spend some time on a browser, using Firefox right now. Seems to happen slower when I'm just browsing. But when I get...
  4. My Computer Keeps Crashing, then Restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Keeps Crashing, then Restarting.: I know, I know "It's heat." I hear this all the time, and for a while I thought that to be the case too. But I downloaded a few monitoring programs and found out this isn't the case. Every time I load up a game like CS:GO or TF2 my computer crashes on the main menu at this...
  5. computer keeps asking me to restart computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer keeps asking me to restart computer: how do I solve this problem only happened since the april update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/computer-keeps-asking-me-to-restart-computer/56dfd0ca-550d-45d1-8f86-f31e4b8e615b
  6. dell SupportAssist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dell SupportAssist: Has anyone had problems with dell SupportAssist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/dell-supportassist/2be55769-54cf-4d24-bd3e-7ff24b966a70"
  7. Computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps restarting: I have an MSI Stealth Pro laptop (model gs63vr 7rf) and it crashes/reboots itself a few times a day. It seems to happen if I leave it for too long. I've looked in the event log and can't see anything which pinpoints the cause of the reboots, all I can find is a message after...
  8. SupportAssist on Dell computer appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SupportAssist on Dell computer appeared: I got on my dell computer while i was off of it, and all of a sudden some application on my desktop called "SupportAssist" was on my computer and apparently it was made today. [img] I scanned with malwarebytes and got nothing nor with windows defender. I dont...
  9. Confusing Dell SupportAssist Test Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusing Dell SupportAssist Test Results: Greetings: I own a new Dell XPS13 (9350). Seems to work properly, but I have questions about Dell SupportAssist Test results. When I ran the Simplified System test series (10 minutes), I got a test result: "Module Failed to Start", but Passes for all components listed....
  10. My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting: My dell laptop has been misbehaving and its so frustrating. You can't move when using it because you move a certain way and it goes off. There's a way that you touch the bottom- for lack of a better word and it goes off and restarts and so does the screen. Then there are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. launch dell support assist

2. is the dell support assit causing my computer to restart

3. dell supportassist waiting more than 10 minutes