Windows 10: dell SupportAssist

Discus and support dell SupportAssist in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Has anyone had problems with dell SupportAssist... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by William Connell, Jul 5, 2018.

1. dell SupportAssist

Has anyone had problems with dell SupportAssist

:)

William Connell, Jul 5, 2018

2. Which backup tool should I use for my Dell PC, Windows backup or Dell SupportAssistant?

I bought a Dell Inspiron 5559 Signature Edition from Microsoft online store. It still comes with Dell SupportAssistant which provides a tool to create a recover drive. On the other hand I've been using Windows backup for my old PC since Windows 7. I'm not
    sure if Windows backup creates a recover drive as well besides file history and system image. So after initially backup I went to Dell SupportAssistant, it also provide an option to backup the PC in the progress of creating the recover drive. But to create
    the recover drive all files on the external USB hard drive will be deleted. Can anyone tell me if these steps are duplicated? Any suggestion on which tool I should use. And if I use Windows backup only do I have to create a repair disk? Thanks!

Justinian the Great, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Ohewf Win User
    SupportAssist on Dell computer appeared

I got on my dell computer while i was off of it, and all of a sudden some application on my desktop called "SupportAssist" was on my computer and apparently it was made today.

dell SupportAssist [​IMG]

I scanned with malwarebytes and got nothing nor with windows defender.

I dont remember installing anything today.

And i went on the control panel and it shows nothing really suspicious.

i checked its properties and it had "PC Doctor Module"

Is this made by dell or is this a virus?
    And I checked another thing and there was some SupportAssistAgent which seemed to be installed over a month ago?

I'm really concerned this may be a virus, but malwarebytes and windows defender say otherwise.

Ohewf, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Airpilot Win User

dell SupportAssist

More on Confusing Dell SupportAssist Test Results

So, my XPS 13 laptop passes the SFC, the F12 hardware diag., and all but the Extended testing offered by SupportAssist? Would you agree that basically there's evidently no real problem with this laptop? Apparently I'm experiencing issues with Dell's SupportAssist bloatware, not the laptop itself?

If so, then I see no reason to call Dell Support. I'll probably keep SupportAssist as a manual test for occasional non-Extended checkups - I've disabled its scheduled testing.

Airpilot, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

dell SupportAssist

1. dell SupportAssist - Similar Threads - dell SupportAssist

2. Dell SupportAssist keeps popping up on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Dell SupportAssist keeps popping up on Windows 11/10: [IMG]Dell SupportAssist is a utility that keeps Dell computers up to date. In addition to this, it also has some additional features that are helpful for Dell users. Some Dell users reported that the Dell SupportAssist keeps popping up on their Windows computers. For some...
  3. DELL SupportAssist 'Recommended' update fails to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL SupportAssist 'Recommended' update fails to install: Windows 10 20H2, Build 19042.928 I have posted this in the DELL Community but wish to widen the net to get an answer: - https://www.dell.com/community/Inspi.../false#M117077 SupportAssist updated itself from v3.8.1 to v3.9 and then tried three times to install "Recommended"...
  4. Dell supportassist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell supportassist: So I recently bought a Dell XPS 7300 and noticed that there is something called dell supportassist on it. It spams notifications after a few days, and It asks me to install new drivers and check the drive. I was wondering if the supportassist does more good to a laptop? I...
  5. Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery: Dear All, I have an Inspiron 3593 i3 10th Gen Laptop. I'm going to restore the system using SupportAssist OS Recovery tool. So after doing that do I have to install all the drivers and softwares which came up with device such as; 1.Dell Mobile Connect 2.Dell Update...
  6. DELL SupportAssist - Can I uninstall it?

DELL SupportAssist - Can I uninstall it?: DELL laptop has ‘DELL SupportAssist’ installed but the service contract expired in November so I want to uninstall it. In “Programs and Features” list there are three programs installed that are SupportAssist related: - a) ‘Dell SupportAssist’ b) ‘Dell SupportAssist...
  7. Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer: I dont know why but right after I install this program it automatically restarts my computer nonstop until I remove the program completely. This is not happening with other programs....
  8. Dell SupportAssist Require Security Update for PC Doctor Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Dell SupportAssist Require Security Update for PC Doctor Vulnerability: DSA Identifier: DSA-2019-084CVE Identifier: CVE-2019-12280 Severity: High Severity Rating: CVSS v3 Base Score: See NVD (NVD - Home) for individual scores for each CVE Affected Products: Dell SupportAssist for Business PCs version 2.0 Dell SupportAssist for Home PCs version...
  9. How do you Pin Dell SupportAssist To The Desktop and Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you Pin Dell SupportAssist To The Desktop and Taskbar?: Please suggest how you can pin Dell SupportAssist to the Desktop and Taskbar. The control panel shows that the Dell SupportAssist is a program on the laptop. Dell Support Pro installed it, however, I cannot find it to open it. My OS is windows 10. I have an Inspiron 55. Thank...
  10. SupportAssist on Dell computer appeared

SupportAssist on Dell computer appeared: I got on my dell computer while i was off of it, and all of a sudden some application on my desktop called "SupportAssist" was on my computer and apparently it was made today. [img] I scanned with malwarebytes and got nothing nor with windows defender. I dont...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell inspiron 5559 stuck supportassist

2. support assist bsod