Windows 10: Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

Discus and support Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Teo Lachev, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive, Ethernet, and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell updates are installed. The dock's and Intel firmware are the latest.When I leave the laptop unattended for some time the laptop is configured not to sleep on power, the dock disconnects the USB devices and Ethernet. Sometimes, I can disconnect and reconnect the dock power cable, and they start working, but sometimes this doesn't help and I

:)

Teo Lachev, Aug 15, 2022
  2. ericnixmd Win User

Dell Thunderbolt Dock

I recently purchased a Dell Thunderbolt dock for my Precision 3520. I hooked up my Logitech universal receiver to the Thunderbolt dock. The mouse and keyboard have significant lags (the keyboard repeats itself periodically). As soon as I move the receiver back to the laptop, the lags disappear. The problem is so bad that the mouse and keyboard are basically unusable when plugged into the Thunderbolt dock.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with either a Dell or other brand Thunderbolt dock? Have you been able to resolve it?

ericnixmd, Aug 15, 2022
  3. bro67 Win User
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock

Did you have the power hooked into the Dell dock? The Dell dock also may need a driver as stated in this troubleshooter. How to Use and Troubleshoot the Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB16) | Dell US
    The Display Port will work if you want to hook to a flatscreen, but those features are even going away. Keep the receipts for the new adapter and if on a credit card, that they will cover it if it decides to die.

bro67, Aug 15, 2022
  4. ericnixmd Win User

Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

Dell Thunderbolt Dock

Update: Received the WD15 dock yesterday (USB-C, but no Thunderbolt). Works like a charm with the Logitech receiver plugged into the dock. Now I can plug a single cable into the laptop for everything to work (ethernet, monitor via HDMI, dictation microphone, Logitech receiver, etc.). Will be sending the Thunderbolt dock back to Dell for a refund.

ericnixmd, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

1. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects - Similar Threads - Dell Thunderbolt Dock

2. Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11: I've been trying to connect a thunderbolt 3 dock from Lenovo to my Windows 11 PC, without success. When I start up the PC with the dock connected, this error appears.I can't find how to solve it. In the thunderbolt control center, the dock appears as connected, but cannot be...
  3. Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11: I've been trying to connect a thunderbolt 3 dock from Lenovo to my Windows 11 PC, without success. When I start up the PC with the dock connected, this error appears.I can't find how to solve it. In the thunderbolt control center, the dock appears as connected, but cannot be...
  4. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects: I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive, Ethernet, and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell updates are installed....
  5. Thunderbolt USB and Ethernet Disconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thunderbolt USB and Ethernet Disconnects: I have an issue with a new XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop. The laptop is connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt port replicator and I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell...
  6. Random Freezes with Thunderbolt dock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freezes with Thunderbolt dock: System Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 9310 Fully up to date according to Windows Update and Dell SupportAssist Razer Core v2 with RTX 2070 No firmware updates available for Razer Core. Graphics driver up to date according to GeForce Experience I have been using this setup successfully...
  7. USB Port Reset Failed after disconnecting and reconnecting Thunderbolt dock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Port Reset Failed after disconnecting and reconnecting Thunderbolt dock: I have a Lenovo Thunderbolt Dock (40AN) that works fine when I boot with it attached or when I first plug it in, however when I unplug it and reconnect it, things go very sideways. The audio I/O, USB hub and network interface in the dock all fail to reconnect and I get a USB...
  8. Dell thunder bolt dock

Dell thunder bolt dock: a dell thunderbolt dock is connecting to my laptop and when it does my number 4 key is being cliclked without me touching it and whn I press the number lock the left arrow is pressed making it extremely hard to type or watch youtube Moved to appropriate category....
  9. Dell thunder bolt dock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dell thunder bolt dock: a dell thunderbolt dock is connecting to my laptop and when it does my number 4 key is being cliclked without me touching it and whn I press the number lock the left arrow is pressed making it extremely hard to type or watch youtube...
  10. Dell Thunderbolt Dock

Dell Thunderbolt Dock: I recently purchased a Dell Thunderbolt dock for my Precision 3520. I hooked up my Logitech universal receiver to the Thunderbolt dock. The mouse and keyboard have significant lags (the keyboard repeats itself periodically). As soon as I move the receiver back to the laptop,...