Windows 10: Dell Touchpad Settings Reset with each Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Dell Touchpad Settings Reset with each Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a latitude e6440 with Windows 10 Pro I am on the Insider Builds and seriously consider disabling because I have to re-setup system each time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Almaretto, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Almaretto Win User

Dell Touchpad Settings Reset with each Windows 10 Update

I have a latitude e6440 with Windows 10 Pro

I am on the Insider Builds and seriously consider disabling because I have to re-setup system each time it updates.

I have at least 6 settings that I prefer and it is frustrating to configure each time.

I found this thread: Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login Solved - Windows 10 Forums, but cannot find similar relevant solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Almaretto, Nov 5, 2018
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Enabling touchpad windows 10 Dell laptop

Hi Amy,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

A lot of Dell touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off.

Further, follow these steps to check if that helps:

• In the Search box, type touchpad.

• Touch or click Mouse & touchpad settings (System settings).

• Touch or click the Touchpad toggle to turn off or on the Touchpad.

Note: When there is no Touchpad toggle look for Additional mouse options at the bottom of the page.

• Touch or click Additional mouse options.

• Touch or click the Dell Touchpad or Click Pad tab.

Touch or click the link, Click to change Dell Touchpad settings, there may be an option to enable or disable the Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Dell Touchpad Settings Reset with each Windows 10 Update [​IMG]

Josie23, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell Touchpad Settings Reset with each Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Dell Touchpad Settings

2. Windows 7 dell touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 dell touchpad: The touchpad does not disable when mouse is connected. Very sensitive! I have had this happen before but forgot how I corrected it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-dell-touchpad/7ea40037-8a50-4906-8e4f-661f4b4c8748
  3. Windows 7 dell touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 dell touchpad: The touchpad does not disable when mouse is connected. Very sensitive! I have had this happen before but forgot how I corrected it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-dell-touchpad/7ea40037-8a50-4906-8e4f-661f4b4c8748
  4. Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings?: Hi all - Here is what I want to do and I'm not sure if it can be done. In every area of Windows settings, is it possible to set each main section back to default values? For example - Start -> Windows Settings -> System (and all sub-sections.) It would make life a bit...
  5. Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working: did the upgrade when i had to from windows 7, the mouse pointer does not work with the touchpad, the thing in the centre of the keyboard moves it and so does a USB mouse can someone help ?...
  6. Windows 10 Touchpad Settings

Windows 10 Touchpad Settings: I just had Windows 10 update, and it seems to have reset all my touchpad settings. Specifically, I want to change the scroll direction and disable tap-to-click, but all I can seem to find in settings is how to change the sensitivity of tap-to-click. Thanks for any help....
  7. Windows 10 Touchpad (Dell Inspiron 15) Settings - how do I?

Windows 10 Touchpad (Dell Inspiron 15) Settings - how do I?: I'm having issues with Win 10 Touchpad settings. I am accustomed to using a wired mouse on previous versions of Windows. 1.) I always want it to right click only. 2.) I want it to stop hovering (?). When I'm on a page and touch my touchpad, the page disappears when I'm in the...
  8. Dell Touchpad Driver Windows 10

Dell Touchpad Driver Windows 10: for those who are facing mouch cursor lag problem while plugged in charger but no problem running in battery..simply update alph driver touchpad in windows 10 and roll back the alph touchpad driver to previous version..and you are good to go..it will never update again....
  9. Dell Touchpad no longer scrolls or zooms since Windows 10 update

Dell Touchpad no longer scrolls or zooms since Windows 10 update: Since my most recent Windows 10 update the Touchpad on my Dell Latitude laptop no longer scrolls or zooms. I have to manually update the driver upon every restart and upon waking up from sleep. How do I fix this problem so I don't have to update the drive several times a day?...
  10. Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart

Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart: Hello, I have a really weird setup of 3 sets of speakers for essentially 6.2 surround sound... and it works great and all, using the Realtek drivers to remap the line in port to side out, however upon every restart, my settings switch back to stereo and lowest sample rate...