Windows 10: Dell UEFI USB Boot

Discus and support Dell UEFI USB Boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, Sorry if this question has been asked before. I have already gone through a number of fixes but nothing seems to be working for me so far. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mattygm, May 20, 2020.

1. mattygm Win User

Dell UEFI USB Boot

Hi all,

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I have already gone through a number of fixes but nothing seems to be working for me so far.

I have been provided with a USB with an MDT image on to re-image a number of PCs but soon realised it was formatted in NTFS due to the .WIM file being so large and Dell UEFI with Secure Boot will only boot from FAT32 which we need to use now as a directive from Management. I have tried splitting the .WIM into smaller .SWM files and moving back to the original location on the USB but this failed and also attempted to copy the USB data onto a multi partition USB 1GB as FAT32 and the other 57GB in NTFS which was recognised at boot but failed straight away. I am learning as i am going along here so please bare with me. Has anyone any other suggestion on what i can try here or am i fighting a losing battle?

Many thanks,
    Matt.

:)

mattygm, May 20, 2020

2. Install Windows 10 using UEFI bootable USB thumb drive

You need to go into you system bios and select allow uefi usb drive. Then add the UEFI usb drive to the boot menu

better way to partition aand create an bootable usb.

For the UEFI system, we can use these steps to create the bootable USB:

1.Locate a 4GB or larger USB flash drive

2.Open Diskpart and run the following command cmd admin type diskpart

• Type DiskPart in the command prompt.
    • Type "List Disk” (make note of the disk number of the target USB drive).
    • Type "Select Disk X”, where X is the target USB drive noted in step 4.
    • Type "Clean”.
    • Type "Create Partition Primary”.
    • Type "format FS=fat32 quick”.
    • Type "Active”.
    • Type "Assign".
    • Type "Exit".

Copy your ISO files to the drive and reboot

never use UEFI it better to repartition and remove UEFI go with legacy bois

bfvetscolakid, May 20, 2020
  3. Harry9001 Win User
    Gigabyte Mobo not booting from usb

USB legecy is on and by pressing F12, i get the option which device to boot, ive tried both the usb options listed there(simple and uefi one) nothing works

Harry9001, May 20, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Dell UEFI USB Boot

Reflect Restore UEFI boot from USB problem!

Put the BIOS option back to UEFI, Secure Boot OFF. Make sure Thumb is inserted, it looks for that device when you go thru Boot init. Save and exit, rapid-tapping F12 to get back to Boot Menu Options. You will see an option for USB device. Give it a try, that's how my Dell works and yours sounds similar.

f14tomcat, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Dell UEFI USB Boot

1. Dell UEFI USB Boot - Similar Threads - Dell UEFI USB

2. Can't boot from USB while in UEFI mode Dell pre-build PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot from USB while in UEFI mode Dell pre-build PC: Hello,I am trying to get a fresh install of windows on a new SSD for my friends crappy Dell PC that had only an HDD.Initially I could only get it to boot from my new USB installation media while in Legacy mode, and went through a full install and it works fine in Legacy. I...
  3. Can't boot from USB while in UEFI mode Dell pre-build PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot from USB while in UEFI mode Dell pre-build PC: Hello,I am trying to get a fresh install of windows on a new SSD for my friends crappy Dell PC that had only an HDD.Initially I could only get it to boot from my new USB installation media while in Legacy mode, and went through a full install and it works fine in Legacy. I...
  4. Can't boot from USB while in UEFI mode Dell pre-build PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb: When i try to boot the windows 10 usb in UEFI mode i get past the post screen to the windows logo, after a few seconds the computer restarts and it just keeps repeating. It works in bios legacy mode. I've managed to install build 1709 from an old iso in UEFI, but newer builds...
  6. Windows UEFI USB boot not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows UEFI USB boot not working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SkyyTheGuy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k67yly/windows_uefi_usb_boot_not_working/
  7. Boot Windows 10 from USB, UEFI file for USB not booting.

Boot Windows 10 from USB, UEFI file for USB not booting.: I want to do a fresh install of windows on my ssd with a usb. I don't have access to a secondary windows computer but have downloaded the .iso file on a sandisk 16GB usb from my mac. My pc originally didn't boot with the file in the exfat format so I managed to copy the .iso...
  8. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...
  9. Acronis Changed UEFI boot on Dell , how to undo

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Acronis Changed UEFI boot on Dell , how to undo: I have a Dell Inspiron 660 with i5 processor. I recently installed a trial version of Acronis True Image 2016, and it modified the UEFI boot parameters to produce a menu at bootup which offers 3 choices: Acronis True Image, Acronis System Report and continue boot. I...
  10. Leave UEFI boot order for USB first

in Windows 10 Support
    Leave UEFI boot order for USB first: Is there any negative if I decide to leave my boot order so USB disk is first? Except for the obvious, that if a bootable device is installed it will boot, but for normal everyday use, I'd like to leave it set this way. Makes it a lot easier when I want to boot up my Acronis...