Windows 10: Dell V505 printer prints images only, no text

Discus and support Dell V505 printer prints images only, no text in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone help please? I have a brand new Dell V505 printer and it only seems able to print images. I've installed it correctly and I've downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kayten, Jul 31, 2019.

1. kayten Win User

Dell V505 printer prints images only, no text

Can anyone help please?

I have a brand new Dell V505 printer and it only seems able to print images.

I've installed it correctly and I've downloaded the Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 (although it keeps reminding me to do it).

Don't really know what to do ...

Thank you.

:)

kayten, Jul 31, 2019

2. Increasing text in an image

Happy Holidays everyone!

I downloaded a picture from the internet and it's a step-by-step guide to installing Arch Linux.

It's a large picture, but the words are very tiny. When I tried printing it out, the words were even smaller. Is it possible to enlarge the text?

I'd like to print it out, because I plan on installing Arch on three different systems. To me, this is very handy

GoFigureItOut, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Printer only prints images and not texts

Original title: Printing

Why will my printer HP PSC 1410v print only images from my laptop and not text? from Word or Publisher.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

EdwinShanks, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell V505 printer prints images only, no text - Similar Threads - Dell V505 printer

2. Generic / Text Only Printer not printing as expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic / Text Only Printer not printing as expected: I have configured a generic / text only printer to print instrument and alarm status in our company. I needed the file in notepad. It previously worked, printed properly with all the right details. However, for some reason I can't determine, it has failed to show the data I...
  3. Generic / Text Only Printer not printing as expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic / Text Only Printer not printing as expected: I have configured a generic / text only printer to print instrument and alarm status in our company. I needed the file in notepad. It previously worked, printed properly with all the right details. However, for some reason I can't determine, it has failed to show the data I...
  4. Generic / Text Only Printer not printing as expected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer not printing text, only headers

Printer not printing text, only headers: Suddenly my printer is printing only headers and not body text. Where is setting that controls this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-printing-text-only-headers/a16066f3-baa8-4e1c-b6e7-e1e7bcc6bfeb
  6. Printer prints black text as white text

Printer prints black text as white text: When printing from laptop via wifi my printer now prints black text as white and makes rest of the page black. When printing to same printer from another PC there is no problem. How do I fix this....
  7. Dell printer will not print in color.

Dell printer will not print in color.: Why won't my Dell computer print in color anymore? It has been fine until now. It just prints red stripes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-printer-will-not-print-in-color/c6f489ba-52bb-4c1f-a9bd-a8f951ccabf7
  8. problem with printer; only prints color, not black text

problem with printer; only prints color, not black text: prints only the color text, not the black text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-printer-only-prints-color-not-black/bbd73da6-3f51-4568-bf43-a82184650d8b
  9. My HP printer suddenly won't print images, just text

My HP printer suddenly won't print images, just text: My HP printer suddenly won't print images. It just happened recently. I ran the troubleshooter and it couldn't find the problem. Any suggestions? I've worked with computers since the mid 1980s, and I'm stumped on where the problem is....
  10. Error printing on Generic Text Only printer -Win10

Error printing on Generic Text Only printer -Win10: I run an application that requires printing to the Generic Text only print driver. Hsve been running it for years - fitst in WinXP, then in Windows 7 and it ran fine - no problems. Renently set up new computer with win10 pro x64 and cannot get the generic only text driver to...