Windows 10: Dell Visor is not working

Discus and support Dell Visor is not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I faced an issue after plugging the Dell Visor into my Dell computer. The setting process went OK up to the boundary. When the boundary was set, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DennisLazaro, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Dell Visor is not working

I faced an issue after plugging the Dell Visor into my Dell computer. The setting process went OK up to the boundary. When the boundary was set, I received a 14-2 error. I performed all the instructions to cope with this issue such as installed the drivers for GPU from the manufacturer’s website, updated the computer to the latest Windows version.

I don’t know what else I can do. Can this issue be caused by the headset?

:)

DennisLazaro, Jan 7, 2019

2. DELL Visor Stops Working After Boundary is set

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the settings on the PC or the visor are not working as expected.

• Have you tested this visor on a different PC?

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Dell Visor Frequently Asked Questions and
    Troubleshooting Scenarios
    ’.

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

To isolate the issue, you may also want to use a different visor on the PC to check if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 7, 2019
  3. XandBacon Win User
    DELL Visor Stops Working After Boundary is set

After plugging the Visor into my DELL Inspiron 7359BLK-PUS, the setup goes fine, until after the boundary is set. I then get a 14-2 error. I looked up solutions to the error, and followed them as best I can. I manually installed drivers for both my GPUs
    from their respective websites, updated my computer to the latest Windows version, I don't have any extra cords between my headset and my ports, I re-checked with the MR Check, and my computer met all the requirements, I don't know what the problem is at this
    point.

The funny thing is, sometimes, while my headset isn't moving, the portal will start working and go to the preview, but will only show a black screen and the headset won't be showing anything. The portal will also change quickly from active to inactive if
    I flip the visor into the up and down positions, there not being much correlation between if it is up or down and working or not.

Is it the headset? Should I return it and get a different one?

XandBacon, Jan 7, 2019
  4. .torvim Win User

Dell Visor is not working

Windows Mixed Reality error 14-2 when Dell Visor plugged into Inspiron 5577

I'm getting error 14-2 which reads that I'm using an adapter or extension cable, although I am not using either. It suggests to update my graphics card drivers, which I have done, but the problem persists.
    I'm using a dell visor and and Inspiron 5577. Any help?

.torvim, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Dell Visor is not working

1. Dell Visor is not working - Similar Threads - Dell Visor working

2. How do i disable hyper visor??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable hyper visor??: I am becoming hugely frustrated with the hypervisor. It doesn't show up in the feature list so I'm unable to turn it off there. I've tried various prompts that I've seen here and nothing has worked. I called support and after spending ages on hold I was cut off. Someone...
  3. How do i disable hyper visor??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i disable hyper visor??: I am becoming hugely frustrated with the hypervisor. It doesn't show up in the feature list so I'm unable to turn it off there. I've tried various prompts that I've seen here and nothing has worked. I called support and after spending ages on hold I was cut off. Someone...
  4. How do i disable hyper visor??

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dell Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Webcam not working: Hello guys! I recently opened my old Inspiron N5110 and upgraded it with an SSD and planning to do some RAM upgrades. It is a great machine; however, the camera doesn't seem to be working. It already had Windows 10 I don't remember when I installed it?I don't know if it is a...
  6. Dell Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Webcam not working: Hello guys! I recently opened my old Inspiron N5110 and upgraded it with an SSD and planning to do some RAM upgrades. It is a great machine; however, the camera doesn't seem to be working. It already had Windows 10 I don't remember when I installed it?I don't know if it is a...
  7. Dell WiFi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell WiFi not working: After resetting my dell g4 17 my killer wifi driver has stopped working im able to connect via ethernet but no WiFi networks are showing up. I've tried updating the WiFi driver but it is the lated driver. The error code for the driver is code 10, device cannot start. In the...
  8. Dell Touchpad not working

Dell Touchpad not working: I have an Dell Inspiron 15 3567, running windows 10I was having issues with my dell touchpad so I updated it in device manager.there was no change so I tried update from my computer and chose HID -Compliant mousethis actually removed the dell touchpad driver and rendered my...
  9. Dell wifi not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell wifi not working: I have a DELL INSPIRON 15 3000 SERIES, its always been connected to wifi. It shows the wifi connection and says "internet access" but I can't use the internet. When connected to an Ethernet cable, it works fine, but when switched back to wifi I can't use the web. Any...
  10. help with Dell Visor Windows Mixed Reality Headset

help with Dell Visor Windows Mixed Reality Headset: Hi, I was working on an Unity application with the Dell Visor Windows Mixed Reality headset.It was working fine for the 4-5 hours, however, one of the lens suddenly went white and stopped displaying images. I tried restarting the computer, unplugging and plugging the...